Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66306 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2014, 05:14:37 pm »

((Okay gotta PTW after that roll wow.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »

((Well then.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:26 pm »

Jobasio sat for a moment as the various half-intelligible screams came through his comms.
Then he sighs. He doesn't seem overly surprised by this turn of events, somehow, as he reaches for the ignition.
He grimly starts up the engine, unbuckles his seatbelt and then grabs his rifle and shoves open the door of the APC.
"What... exactly have you done, dare I ask?" His voice is full of weary resignation, touched with a tasty dash of acid sarcasm.

>Start the APC's engine, open the door and brace my gauss rifle atop it to provide covering fire for the team as they come up.

>Charge a Conventional Weapons bonus and prepare to shoot whatever they're pursued by as it comes out of the hole.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2014, 05:23:08 pm »

to Jobasio:"Xan tried to grow a body for Stacy, and apparently fucked it up and absorbed his brain instead. Things went right to shit from there. I mean, when I said HP Lovecraft, I wasn't kidding, he looks like Cthulhu's second cousin!"

Action Edited a little
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »

"Xan? What the EVERLOVING FUCK have you done?"

I know microwave manipulators are dangerous. And this might be construed as fighting fire with fire. But I have to try something, at least. Back away from StacyXan, as well as the firing corridors being used by teammates and, using my microwave manipulator, heat the middle 3 feet of StacyXan's body to the point where it melts/vaporizes. Should this fail/have no effect, retreat to the rope(s) and start climbing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:26:54 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »

to Jobasio:"Xan tried to grow a body for Stacy, and apparently fucked it up and absorbed his brain instead. Things went right to shit from there. I mean, when I said HP Lovecraft, I wasn't kidding, he looks like Cthulhu's second cousin!"

"Erm... Cuh-thew-loo?" Jobasio distractedly mumbled the unfamiliar word as he lined up his rifle against the door, bracing in a firing position before lowering his eye to the sights. "I've no idea who that is. Care to elaborate? Not as though it matters, since whatever it is it's presumably going to do its best to kill us all regardless."
Booze is Life for Yoink

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »

"WHAT?! You've never read HP Lovecraft?! What planet are you....never mind! He looks like a mutant 15ft leg with Stacy faces all over it, and a composite Stancy-Xan head on top. oh, and he's using Xan's microwave amp to burn everything in the general vicinity, so I suggest you get ready to punch it as soon as we get aboard!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2014, 07:18:33 pm »

"What in the ever-loving F*** is that!?" Vincent books it to the rope and tries to climb out and get to the APC, he isn't going to be much help to the team if a giant leg of pyrokinesis burns him to death
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2014, 08:17:09 pm »

"...Yeah, I was going to attack, but I think I'll run instead. Yeah. That sounds good."

Action Edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2014, 03:36:25 am »

((I should probably actually start reading and maybe participate in this :V))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2014, 03:44:32 am »

((Okay gotta PTW after that roll wow.))
((I should probably actually start reading and maybe participate in this :V))

((If you want, you can check out the ER wiki in my sig. It has a quick-start guide, as well as a load of other handy information, such as mission synopsis and a newbie guide with a summary of the storyline so far.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:30:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

Jobasio sat for a moment as the various half-intelligible screams came through his comms.
Then he sighs. He doesn't seem overly surprised by this turn of events, somehow, as he reaches for the ignition.
He grimly starts up the engine, unbuckles his seatbelt and then grabs his rifle and shoves open the door of the APC.
"What... exactly have you done, dare I ask?" His voice is full of weary resignation, touched with a tasty dash of acid sarcasm.

>Start the APC's engine, open the door and brace my gauss rifle atop it to provide covering fire for the team as they come up.

>Charge a Conventional Weapons bonus and prepare to shoot whatever they're pursued by as it comes out of the hole.
You start the APC's engine and shoulder your rifle as mesk tosses men at your feet.
((Well. That's a thing. Reminds me of that one Penny Arcade comic. also:  :o))

"WHAT IN THE UNHOLY FUCK?!"

Michael, seeing a 15 ft tall abomination suddenly morph from Xan and stacy, does the only sane thing: he hobbles over to the rope and begins climbing it as fast as he's able. As soon as he's at the top(whether through climbing or by Mesk carrying him) he contacts steve and asks for an evac and an orbital cleansing of the area

"Jobis...jbas...argh, I'll call you Joe! JOE, WE NEED THAT APC AT THE HOLE SO WE CAN IMMEDIATE EVAC! THINGS JUST WENT HP LOVECRAFT HERE!"
"What... what the fuck?  What the fuck!?  Oh shit!  Anyone with a weapon, stop that thing before it burns us all alive!"
Grab Michael in one arm and rocket up above Xantcy, fire down at him with the Pyramid of Power on my other arm.
"What in the ever-loving F*** is that!?" Vincent books it to the rope and tries to climb out and get to the APC, he isn't going to be much help to the team if a giant leg of pyrokinesis burns him to death
Mesk grabs both of the men who are attempting, with various degrees of success, to flee and rockets them up and out of the hole. He tosses them over near the APC before returning to the lip of the hole and aiming down at the expanding abomination with his Strange pyramid weapon.

[Exo:4+1]

Magilla runs up and punches the abomnation with his Kinetic Amplifier, if their players agree to such a foolish and deadly action that will likely get Magilla killed before he manages to do it anyway.
If they don't, which is very likely, he just makes a run for it up the rope, carrying anyone who can't move with him.

[Uncon:2+1]

((Wait, PW, does this mean your whack-a-mole balancing plan for Xan is to have us kill him?))

"The fuck?! We didn't even find any alien shit yet. Oh well. It's Shackle Time!"

Shackle Time! If that fails, go for the rope or see if Mesk can rocket me out of here.
[6+1]
"Huh? What happened? Where are my arms and why am I.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?"

Fire the HEP at StaXan with my feet. THE BAD IDEAS WON'T STOP.
[4-2]

"Xan? What the EVERLOVING FUCK have you done?"

I know microwave manipulators are dangerous. And this might be construed as fighting fire with fire. But I have to try something, at least. Back away from StacyXan, as well as the firing corridors being used by teammates and, using my microwave manipulator, heat the middle 3 feet of StacyXan's body to the point where it melts/vaporizes. Should this fail/have no effect, retreat to the rope(s) and start climbing.
[uncon:6+1+1](Decomp didn't activate)

Magilla's is the first blow to land, his kinetic amp clipping the abomination and shaving off a few wriggling legs.  But the legs he missed lash out on him even as his fist tears through the creature's flesh, catching him like the claws of a mantis, and kicking out with heels hard as steel and muscles more powerful then hydraulic pistons. Metal bones bend and shatter and artificial muscles tear as he is pulled into the stomping, thrashing mass. Mesk's blast hits next and it is as though the entire head and much of that great upper leg of the beast, as well as a large chuck of the wall and several hundred feet of ice and stone, simply cease to be with a loud buzz. The stump immediately begins to sprout new legs, each topped with either Stacy's head or Xan's. Stacy's heads sing while Xan's spout barely coherent obscenities and breathe gouts of superheated plasma and liquid hydrogen. The cargo containers in the room begin to float up off the ground.

Jason charges in and punches the barrel of the shackle right up against STAN and squeezes a few triggers. The resulting concussive shockwave is enough to send him hurtling back, end over end, landing in a broken heap 30 feet back. But his shot detonates the lower body of the creature, shredding it, and unfortunately magilla, into a pulpy mess which is sprayed across the far wall. The hydra of heads falls and lands on it's side, the severed bottom half boiling as new limbs-arms, legs, Pseudopods, insectoid limbs, great feathered wings, eye stalks and things which can scarcely be described as anything more then ambulatory viscera-sprout and grow. The creature lifts into the air on a dozen fold prismatic wings, this midsection beating like a great heart, as bundles of nerves, intestine, neural tissue and teeth flow out like a spider's web and begin to coat the room.

Dubley, crippled and only semiconscious kicks at the HEP near him until it fires off into a wall, missing everything, friend and foe. A slowly wriggling beam of light, fades into existence, like a flashlight beam through fog. It jerks suddenly and, with the crack of a whip and a blinding flash, solidifies into a tread of pure white light, which stretches from the abomination's chest off, through a wall and towards some distant point in space. Over Stacy's increasingly feverish singing and Xan's blasphemies, the men still down in that quickly melting cargo hold hear someone say  something.

"I think you guys should run."

They turn around to see Denzel standing behind them, his body glowing red hot, streams of blinding plasma drifting from him and burning great molten gashes through everything they touch. Somewhere inside his mechanical chest, something is burning brighter then the sun, and the light is streaming through every orifice, burning out through melting mechanical eyes, out every seam and between the artificial muscles. He is already starting to turn dark and ashen, burning away under his own radiance.

"I think I may have overdone it."

Stacy's song shakes the entire room, as though the entire subterranean structure was being torn up from the ice. His voice is nothing more then a distorted stream of numbers and complex math, being spoken almost too fast to hear, let alone comprehend.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

"Run!  Run!!"
Grab the nearest non-exploding non-abomination and get as much height and distance from Denzel as superhumanly possible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2014, 04:16:17 pm »

((So the Shackle includes the Noisy Cricket from MIB? That's what I thought of when I read it.))

Jason takes a moment to try to look around the room before realizing he might be well and truly screwed. "Hey Mesk. I know it might be a bit much to ask, but is there any chance you could get me out of here? I don't think I'll be able to climb out on my own."

Hope I'm the nearest non-exploding non-abomination to Mesk. If not, pray that maybe the Sheep will somehow save me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:17:48 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2014, 04:22:08 pm »

"Run!  Run!!"
"What?! What's going on, is it dead?"
Jobasio shouts through the comms, frozen for a brief moment with his rifle still trained on the hole, a feeling of dread forming in his gut.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33