Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 64374 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #450 on: August 01, 2014, 12:41:13 pm »

"Um... Denzel."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 01, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

"Um... Denzel."
((Don't slander me!!! Though really, nobody was.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:08 pm »

"Let's not forget that Magilla fellow," Jobasio adds, helpfully, as he turns the wheel of the vehicle, deciding to head in the opposite direction of the military base, "A real loose cannon that one. He was probably egging them on the whole time, I'd imagine. Knew when I saw him, 'this is a troublemaker right here,' I did."

He nods a few times with a sagacious expression, then shakes his head as he begins to accelerate down the road.
"Any idea how much further we need to go for pickup? I doubt any of these 'outposts' along the way would much appreciate a visit from us. Perhaps they wouldn't mind if we simply stopped to ask directions, who knows. Any suggestions?"

>Turn the vehicle away from the military base's location, begin driving aimlessly along the road.
Grudgingly stop the truck away from the road, as per Mesk's instructions. If already on the road, drive off back into the snow.
Keep an eye out for any signs of life, or civilization other than the road itself.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:44:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

"Yep, yep, Magilla too.  Sure was.  Can't forget that one.  Uh, Joe, let's stay off the road, it'd be best not to run into anyone else before we get picked up.  I doubt they'll think too friendly of us if they realize we stole their truck and left their people behind."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:52 pm »

"Yeah, I agree with Mesk in that we should stay off the roads"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2014, 10:43:08 pm »

"Oh... well, alright," Jobasio says grudgingly after a moment, looking and sounding rather disappointed as he steers the truck off the road.
"If you say so. I was thinking there might have been a drive-thru or some such along the way, or perhaps a nice cafe we could stop at to wait for this storm to clear. Are we just going to park here off the road, then, or drive along parallel to it?" 
Booze is Life for Yoink

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2014, 11:33:08 pm »

Hmm, I just had a thought. If we can manage to get this is a shuttle, with a few modifications this thing will make a nice mobile command outpost, and we might even be able to disguise it as a truck for urban ops. How's that sound?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:23 am »

"That's not a half bad idea, and Jobasio, I vote we keep driving away from the storm, but at the same time not towards any populated areas, I mean we're just waiting for a pick up at this point anyways right?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:18 am »

Take the batteries.
You wanna just rip the batteries out of the equipment? I'll just have you pull them out of the stuff that doesn't seem important.

"Let's not forget that Magilla fellow," Jobasio adds, helpfully, as he turns the wheel of the vehicle, deciding to head in the opposite direction of the military base, "A real loose cannon that one. He was probably egging them on the whole time, I'd imagine. Knew when I saw him, 'this is a troublemaker right here,' I did."

He nods a few times with a sagacious expression, then shakes his head as he begins to accelerate down the road.
"Any idea how much further we need to go for pickup? I doubt any of these 'outposts' along the way would much appreciate a visit from us. Perhaps they wouldn't mind if we simply stopped to ask directions, who knows. Any suggestions?"

>Turn the vehicle away from the military base's location, begin driving aimlessly along the road.
Grudgingly stop the truck away from the road, as per Mesk's instructions. If already on the road, drive off back into the snow.
Keep an eye out for any signs of life, or civilization other than the road itself.
You pull the truck back off of the road until it's out of view and then wait for someone to give you orders.

"Yep, yep, Magilla too.  Sure was.  Can't forget that one.  Uh, Joe, let's stay off the road, it'd be best not to run into anyone else before we get picked up.  I doubt they'll think too friendly of us if they realize we stole their truck and left their people behind."

>Slandering the dead won't bring pity to the living.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »

"Honestly guys, I still think it was mostly the cyborg and the shapeshifters fault... Stacy and Xan was it? And even then, not entirely theirs, I doubt any of us were capable of guessing that things would turn out that badly" Speech roll?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02:32 am »

"Can we please save the long-winded explanations for when or, rather, if we make it back on-ship?"
Jobasio shoots a disdainful look at Vincent, idly tapping his non-bandaged hand against the stock of the rifle across his lap.
"Far more useful would be some ideas as to what we should do now- stay here and wait for the storm to pass, or try to find somewhere calmer, where a shuttle could safely extract us? We can worry about who gets the blame for this whole mess later. I for one would like to make it back without being bored to death."

>Sit around like a lemon. Fidget with my gauss rifle. Watch the weather outside for any signs of clearing up, or movement.

>Also, while we're stopped, check if there are any handguns in the truck's weapon cache. If so, put on in my backpack. Preferably a revolver or something similar in appearance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:47:02 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 04, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

"Sorry, for what it's worth I was also trying to end the blame game discussion. Anyways. As to what we do, I say at this point we should just wait out the storm, and then roll over to where Steve wants us to be for pick up"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #462 on: August 05, 2014, 10:51:42 am »

"Can we please save the long-winded explanations for when or, rather, if we make it back on-ship?"
Jobasio shoots a disdainful look at Vincent, idly tapping his non-bandaged hand against the stock of the rifle across his lap.
"Far more useful would be some ideas as to what we should do now- stay here and wait for the storm to pass, or try to find somewhere calmer, where a shuttle could safely extract us? We can worry about who gets the blame for this whole mess later. I for one would like to make it back without being bored to death."

>Sit around like a lemon. Fidget with my gauss rifle. Watch the weather outside for any signs of clearing up, or movement.

>Also, while we're stopped, check if there are any handguns in the truck's weapon cache. If so, put on in my backpack. Preferably a revolver or something similar in appearance.
The weather shows no signs of clearing, at least around here.

No handguns either. Those rifles were probably more for shooing off aggressive animals then anything else. Hey, did you know that American Astronauts, for years, carried rifles in their landing sections for when they returned to earth. Not because they worried about aliens or anything, but because one time a lander came down in a pack of wolves.

"Honestly guys, I still think it was mostly the cyborg and the shapeshifters fault... Stacy and Xan was it? And even then, not entirely theirs, I doubt any of us were capable of guessing that things would turn out that badly" Speech roll?

>You'll find me very unreceptive to being manipulated. We shall see the reality of the situation when you get back and I can review the footage.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 05, 2014, 11:39:48 am »

Vincent winced, maybe he should have just stayed out of that conversation. Steve certainly seemed like someone you didn't want to be on the bad side of. Oh well, not much he could do about it at this point, and whatever went wrong, he was pretty sure he had little part of.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:52:44 am by Kedly »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:15 pm »

Mesk awkwardly leans forward and switches the radio off.
"I'll, uh... well, we'll wait for the shuttle, and then... I still haven't decided whether I want to get on it..."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33