Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 181969 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2014, 01:04:07 pm »

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Alright, Steve? Can you send me the video from the underground, starting after I rip the mask off of the scuba guy, and ending after I kill them? Also, is there any sort of rank I could pretend to have to make them more inclined to listen to me?"

Drop my weapons off near the door, and stand out front with my hands on my head. Hope they aren't as trigger happy as we are.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 12, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »

"I'll get by a windows or something. Just yell if they decide they'd rather gut you, and I'll try to do something. There are windows on the second floor, right?"

Scuttle over to a window or hole so I can see how Morul's plan goes while still being somewhat in cover. Meanwhile, rest my brain and try to get a feel for how much brain juice I have left.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:40:55 pm by Pancaek »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 12, 2014, 08:16:16 pm »

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Alright, Steve? Can you send me the video from the underground, starting after I rip the mask off of the scuba guy, and ending after I kill them? Also, is there any sort of rank I could pretend to have to make them more inclined to listen to me?"

"Once you are done and can slip away get into the APC so we can leave as soon as possible"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 12, 2014, 09:26:31 pm »

"We're not going back until we're either done, or the situation becomes completely unstable. We still have a chance, so don't expect Steve to send a shuttle to pack you up."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 12, 2014, 10:38:48 pm »

"There are windows but they're sheathed. You'll need to use a normal building if you want to see anything but void.

...or at least, that's how it was from outside. It's possible the barrier's one-way.

I'm with Morul on this. If we run now it'll be real hard to get away cleanly; we might be better off trashing the cops and then seeing how much of a team we have left.

Remember, these guys are more or less civilians. They're got guns that I'm sure they think are fancy, but do you think their APC comes with a machine gun?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2014, 09:44:59 am »

((Hey I've got internet again :)))
"Hey, is that someone at the hatch I hear?  I'll see if I can help him.  Oh hey, you made it."
Go open up the hatch then Keep the shotgun pointed towards Morul as his earlier orders stated.

You keep your shotgun trained on the robot man. He appears to have a nest of glowing termites eating away at his chest.

((I mean my teammates weapons, there has to be one or two dead teammates lying around.))

Run back downstairs like a kid on Christmas Day and hop in the turret.

"Driver! Get me in range of the road!"
You get into the turret and shout for the driver to get in range of the road; which is a bit silly, since you're currently sitting on the road, but he turns the apc to be sideways, blocking most of the road in both directions.

((I mean my teammates weapons, there has to be one or two dead teammates lying around.))
((Yttra put all the dead teammates in the APC. She also stole their weapons already. Unless you want a shotgun, there's still a shotgun here.))

So the army's almost here and we're still… i don't know what the *&^% we're doing.

Try to figure out how the suit's comms work and what they can do.

Quote from: @Kyle
Hey hw long d–

"*&^%"

Quote from: @D'usse
Hey hw long d yu thnk yu cn stall m?

Oh $#@! is that goggles? He's alive!? Maybe he got the thing!

Yttra feels a small twinge of hope that the mind controlling alien overlord might have been shut down.

@Morul: "Hey! Hey the thing, did you get the thing? That *&^%ing thing in the basement, did you get it?"
We're gonna assume you know how to work the coms unless you'd very specifically like not to know.
"Look Morul I want to get us all moving before the police get here we need to run... I'll get the APC out of sight but in an alley nearby so you can slip away (or escape) easily"
Get back in the APC and signal to the driver to move us into a nearby alleyway (Use pictures to communicate if necessary) with the rear-end facing back to the street we are in, if anyone is dead/unconscious get them dragged into the back.

Quote from: @Faith
I am moving everything to the APC you need to hide / move or something also wrangle cat lady sometime I am not going searching for some insane cat person and their hostages
You direct the APC into the nearest alley way that will fit it, though only just barely. The man on the turret whines at you the entire time.

Drop my weapons off near the door, and stand out front with my hands on my head. Hope they aren't as trigger happy as we are.

You stagger out through the front of the diner, dropping your weapons on top of one of the plastic tables tucked into a booth, and then walk out onto the road. You try to lift your arms above your head but one of them isn't moving. Cool.

Steve sends you the video.

>If you get captured, tell them nothing. Comply with all orders, but tell them nothing. I don't want to have to send the black ops team in to break you out of jail, but I will.

"I'll get by a windows or something. Just yell if they decide they'd rather gut you, and I'll try to do something. There are windows on the second floor, right?"

Scuttle over to a window or hole so I can see how Morul's plan goes while still being somewhat in cover. Meanwhile, rest my brain and try to get a feel for how much brain juice I have left.
You watch from one of the broken windows of the diner.

You've gained a bit back, but you're still feeling rather tired. You think you could manage a few minor things or maybe something moderate, but if you want to kill 10 people in one move, thats gonna have to wait.

2 minutes left till the police arrive.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 13, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

Driver, move APC back in firing range of the road.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 13, 2014, 05:07:43 pm »

"Don't tell 'em anything. Got it. Not planning on getting arrested, but I'll keep it in mind."

Await the police. Charge an exo bonus, just in case.

((I reeeeaaally hope I don't have to use my amp.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »

Driver, move APC back in firing range of the road.
belayed, possibly with a baton to the stomach
"We are trying to NOT start a fire fight with the cops, manning a MACHINE GUN on an armoured personnel carrier is NOT helping that"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:56 pm »

"*&^% everything."

Get out of the APC and away from the "where shall we park it" battle, carefully staying away from wherever the machine gun is pointing. Stop to gawp at the crazy glowy things slowly eating Morul. Carefully stay away from him too. Get back inside the building, go to the kitchen and stand by the hatch to the basement, just happening to hold the riot shield in between me and wherever the APC machine gun is. Point the goop gun at Faith.

@Faith and Pancaek: "There's something weird in the basement."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 13, 2014, 11:11:35 pm »

"We are trying to NOT start a fire fight with the cops, manning a MACHINE GUN on an armoured personnel carrier is NOT helping that"

Lerman swots the interloper.

"Yes it is! You can have this turret when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. And even then, good luck! Because I will have welded it to my cold, dead hands!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 13, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »

Lerman swots the interloper.

"Yes it is! You can have this turret when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. And even then, good luck! Because I will have welded it to my cold, dead hands!"

"Every time you have touched that machinegun it has been a disaster now, if IF the police begin firing THEN and only then will I allow you to open fire so that morul and the rest of the team can get in so we can drive off. Otherwise we will wait in the alley and NOT fire, hopefully allowing us to get out of here with the minimum collateral thus clearing us for an exit."

Quote from: @Faith
How much longer are you and the rest of the team going to be?, we are running out of time.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 13, 2014, 11:41:33 pm »

Lerman grumbles, but he doesn't get off the turret.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:18 pm »

Go hide in the APC.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:30 am »

Round up hostages to the back of the building. Check barrier on windows/doors. Menacingly pump shotgun.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72