Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 182110 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »

"Got it. Let's go, Konrad."

Approach the diner. If the shooting starts, take cover and fire at hostiles with goop thrower.

Action from the last two turns that was glossed over:
(Maybe treat one of the turns as preparing a Con bonus for the goop thrower?)

What about the smoke grenades?
The nightstick is just a Strength roll, not an Uncon, right?

Check to make sure the namite thrower is loaded with Stick GoopTM and not namite. That would be bad. Also count how many Sticky GoopTM canisters I have.
I distinctly remember replying to both of those, one telling you to ask the driver in character and the other asking if Miya ever actually finished the goop launcher because I don't remember him ever assembling it. He got it prototyped, but prototype stuff still just gives you the pieces, not the whole. You have to assemble them.

Also, next time, you might want to be a bit more specific then "Approach the diner." Piecewise runs on absolute statements.

You walk straight down the center of the street, space flame thrower in hand, whistling a jaunty tune. You walk straight up to entrance of the diner and then stand there.

You may have typed the replies, but they weren't actually posted. The last two turns are here and here, and there was no response in either.

And I believe Miyamoto had the original namite thrower modified - the prototype part was just so that the modification would be free. The relevant post is in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If some assembly is still required, can I do that retroactively?
Also retroactively ask the driver where the smoke grenades we were promised are.

If Faith calms the diners down, examine the interior of the diner for possible stairways. If the diners clear out, check the kitchen area to make sure none of the staff are hiding.

If Faith doesn't manage to calm the diners down and the aggressive guys are still headed our way, use the goop thrower on them, then shout the diners:

"EVERYBODY OUT!"
If that doesn't get them moving, fire a shotgun shell into the ceiling.

Defend myself with the goop thrower or nightstick, if necessary.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:20:11 pm by swordsmith04 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

"Looks like things might go south fast."
If Faith's attempt fails get out the nightstick and counter any attacks made by diners.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2014, 10:01:30 pm »

Stare harder buddy, maybe you'll intimidate the door into opening, Yttra thinks sarcastically to herself.

@Team "We're at the back of the building. There's a one-way door here. Keeping watch."

@Morul "Hey… do you, uhh, do you feel that?" Yttra says, a little nervously.

Point tranq pistol at door. Keep slightly well away from crazy teammate who's staring at the door like he's gonna blow it up with his mind. If anyone comes thru the door and tries to escape, shoot them with the pistol.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:51:02 pm by yobbo »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2014, 10:19:01 pm »

"What am I supposed to be feeling?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »

@Team "We're at the back of the building. There's a one-way door here. Keeping watch."
"Good job. We'll see if we can open it for you once we're in and ready to fan out."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2014, 10:25:03 pm »

"What am I supposed to be feeling?"
"There's something making noise. Underground.". Yttra looks super uncomfortable.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2014, 10:40:13 pm »

"Already working on it Faith. Just needs an amp powered nudge. And yes, I'll be careful. And underground noises eh? We'll head down there when we get in then."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:15 pm »

*&^%. He wants to go towards the weird underground thing making weird underground noises? And why the hell is he talking like he is actually gonna blow the door off its hinges? Oh $#@!…

Yttra moves a bit further away, still pointing her pistol at the door.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2014, 10:58:27 pm »

"Bit scared buddy? Don't worry, I just plan on pushing the other side a little. Just enough to swing it out."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:29 am »

"Bloody useless civies, STAND DOWN!"
riot shield up and if attacked/threatened use superior strength to hold riot shield while applying vigourous abuse with nightstick , block the doorway with it if possible but allow fleeing civies out
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:25:26 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2014, 06:05:27 am »

riot shield up and if attacked/threatened use superior strength to hold riot shield while applying vigourous abuse with nightstick , block the doorway with it if possible

"Don't block the door, we want them to run away."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2014, 08:01:29 am »

Observe the diner scene with cameyes. If I see any of the diners pull out a weapon, jerk it out of their hands with my amp

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:54 pm »

"urg fine"
edited action
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2014, 01:00:25 pm »

((Who wants D'usse? Also, she got a Vest donated to her PW.))

Join whoever wants her and take point with them.
Kyle will take her if Tadock doesn't object and no one else wants her.
[eyebrow waggling intensifies]

"Uuh. Faith, everyone. I just scanned the outside of the building with my cameyes and...eh. Well, it's just a solid black mass. Not a single method of scanning shows anything but solid black. The only thing that's normal is the diner area."

So we draw whatever's living in fun black zone out of black zone, where we can promptly lase it into oblivion.

Stare down angry guys. Point weapon at them if they're armed.

"Got it. Let's go, Konrad."

Approach the diner. If the shooting starts, take cover and fire at hostiles with goop thrower.

Action from the last two turns that was glossed over:
(Maybe treat one of the turns as preparing a Con bonus for the goop thrower?)

What about the smoke grenades?
The nightstick is just a Strength roll, not an Uncon, right?

Check to make sure the namite thrower is loaded with Stick GoopTM and not namite. That would be bad. Also count how many Sticky GoopTM canisters I have.
I distinctly remember replying to both of those, one telling you to ask the driver in character and the other asking if Miya ever actually finished the goop launcher because I don't remember him ever assembling it. He got it prototyped, but prototype stuff still just gives you the pieces, not the whole. You have to assemble them.

Also, next time, you might want to be a bit more specific then "Approach the diner." Piecewise runs on absolute statements.

You walk straight down the center of the street, space flame thrower in hand, whistling a jaunty tune. You walk straight up to entrance of the diner and then stand there.

You may have typed the replies, but they weren't actually posted. The last two turns are here and here, and there was no response in either.

And I believe Miyamoto had the original namite thrower modified - the prototype part was just so that the modification would be free. The relevant post is in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If some assembly is still required, can I do that retroactively?
Also retroactively ask the driver where the smoke grenades we were promised are.

If Faith calms the diners down, examine the interior of the diner for possible stairways. If the diners clear out, check the kitchen area to make sure none of the staff are hiding.

If Faith doesn't manage to calm the diners down and the aggressive guys are still headed our way, use the goop thrower on them, then shout the diners:

"EVERYBODY OUT!"
If that doesn't get them moving, fire a shotgun shell into the ceiling.

Defend myself with the goop thrower or nightstick, if necessary.

"Looks like things might go south fast."
If Faith's attempt fails get out the nightstick and counter any attacks made by diners.

Lerman suddenly looks up a bit and says "Oh."  He spins on his heel, pulls the pin from a flashbang and then tackles Jack and Hasala to the ground, screaming "LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE" until the grenade goes off. Alarith is unaffected, but both Hasala and Lerman are rendered temporarily blinded and deaf, flailing around randomly near the entrance as the filters on their helmets reset.

"Hrmm. Diner must just be a diner. Alright. Let's go check out what's behind door number one."

CAREFULLY open the door using my amp. Try to keep the door intact. If I get the door open, and it's still intact, put something small in the doorway to jam it open.
You get the door open a half inch and jam your fingers into the crack, carefully edging it open a few inches and peaking inside. The door seems to lead into the kitchen and, luckily for you, the cook who is standing maybe 10 feet away is too distracted by whats going on out front to notice you. The kitchen itself is fairly small and ordinary, the only strange thing being a metal door that seems like it would lead to the stairs up to the second floor. There is also a metal hatch set in the floor near the stairs.   You wedge a brick in place to prevent  the door from completely closing.

"Oh sassafras," Faith mumbled, looking up at the walls. It was such a good plan, too...

"Alright, so they're paranoid or, more likely, alien weirdness. Had a feeling it couldn't be that easy.

Also what did I say about not intimidating the customers?"

She ran to the building at a jog, trying to intercept the toughs at the door.

"Hello!" she called into the diner. "We're here on business, if you catch my drift. No problem with you all, just the people who run this place. Unless you're both in which case we'd like to have a chat with you. The rest of you I'd recommend leave, but hey, not my business. Enjoy your meals if you're not worried about getting caught in anything."

Try to talk down the diner.
The flashbang going off has shattered the nearest window and rendered anyone who was looking at the front door effectively blind. The group of angry patrons has been transformed into a cluster of flailing idiots and anyone not blinded is making a run for it through the broken window. Hard to say if they did your job for you or ruined your attempt before it ever got started, but the problem seems mostly solved, one way or the other.

Stare harder buddy, maybe you'll intimidate the door into opening, Yttra thinks sarcastically to herself.

@Morul "Hey… do you, uhh, do you feel that?" Yttra says, a little nervously.

Point tranq pistol at door. Keep slightly well away from crazy teammate who's staring at the door like he's gonna blow it up with his mind. If anyone comes thru the door and tries to escape, shoot them with the pistol.
The light and Sound filters on your helmet trigger as the flashbang goes off, leaving you temporarily blind and deaf as they reset. Well, at least these only take a few seconds, not like the restaurant patrons who are gonna be blind for the next ten minutes.

riot shield up and if attacked/threatened use superior strength to hold riot shield while applying vigourous abuse with nightstick , block the doorway with it if possible but allow fleeing civies out
You walk into the restaurant, stepping through the broken window as the civies run out, and proceed to bash the blinded men upside the head with your nightstick until the go down. Man, being a cop is easy AND fun.

Observe the diner scene with cameyes. If I see any of the diners pull out a weapon, jerk it out of their hands with my amp
None of them had weapons, at least nothing more then a knife and fork.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »

"... Well, it probably would have been more subtle to just ram the APC in..."
Kyle says watching the scene with a look of near awe.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 72