Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 49677 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2014, 11:59:49 am »

Brother Lars rubs his eyes and shudders, as though trying to clear his head.  "Do... do you think I should look more into that, Saint Milno?  Any other information we should be looking for?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2014, 12:05:52 pm »

"Rest then tackle his 'deeper long term memory' for that extra information. We want everything this guy has and when we're sure we saw it we finish the job."

"People, remember to keep the guards tranq'd. I don't want any trouble."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:05 pm »

Lars bows his head toward Milno.  "I will do as you asked."

Charge up that brain for more brain braining.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »

Do we want to stick around, boss? I think we've got what we came for. Let's cut the wire and get out of here, let the next guard shift figure out what happened after we're long gone.

Carefully check the identified book for traps, then remove whatever is in the book and put the book back on the shelf.

Take a look at the info.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:07:34 am by Kriellya »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2014, 02:09:25 pm »

Do we want to stick around, boss? I think we've got what we came for. Let's cut the wire and get out of here, let the next guard shift figure out what happened after we're long gone.

"Of course we're leaving before  that. Don't wanna face the hassle of dealing with more of that. We still need to get everything we can from the job to make sure the work's completely done, though."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:12:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2014, 06:52:14 pm »

((Sorry, I got hit by the flu. Stuck in bed for a while.))
"We do have an hour, and there's five of us to search this one room. We'll probably have time to spare."
Check the guards if they'll be waking up. Additionally, strip search them.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2014, 11:42:28 pm »

((Yeah, I thought of that too, when I read that post.))

Thaddeus fidgets a little bit nervously in his seat and with his radio before making sure it was set to Milno's frequency: "I just got off the com with Steve, he said, and I quote, "I want you to kill him and destroy his data. That is it. Nothing else."I thought that in the briefing he said to kill him and either destroy or secure the data, right?" Want me to ask for clarification first? 'Cause I really don't want to be shocked for not listening to him."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »

"Yeah, I remember that. Ask for clarification. Ask if he has any preference, since he mentioned 'either' and we may get away with securing it and destroying only in a case of emergency. Skylar, before you get the data make sure there are no traps that'll erase it or explode or something."
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2014, 11:57:17 pm »

"Okay, will do."

Thaddeus sat in his chair a little bit before reaching for the Stevecom and muttering under his breath:"Steve's a reasonable guy...A.I. thing, Right? Right. There's no reason he would shock me for questioning his orders. Okay, lets do this."

Thaddeus finally used Stevecom to call and ask:"Okay, so, I know I asked you already, but in the briefing you said to either destroy or secure the data. Do you have a preference or is it alright if we just secure the data, bring it with us and only destroy it in case of an emergency?"

Thaddeus then winced abit and started muttering:"Please don't shock me, please don't shock me, please don't shock me..."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:00:15 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2014, 10:14:32 am »

Your task is to kill him and either secure the data he has or make sure it is destroyed.
((Steve mentioned either securing or destroying the data before. We should probably ask if he has any preference since we may get away with either.))

"Rest for a while and try later, Priest. We should put all the guards here where we can keep an eye on them. Get the sleepin' beauty outside tied and gagged as well. Check if at least one of the guards has something to communicate with the next 'shift' so they don't come earlier than planned because no one picked up the phone."

Tie and gag the target, check again if he's still out and tranq him again if he isn't. Start bracing for the performance drug's aftershock.

Placeholder action for Thomas in case Spinal_Taper doesn't post: go around doing the needed stuff - re-tranq'ing guards if they seem like they need it, strip-checking them (put their clothes back on afterwards) and following Milno's orders.

Those drugs are gonna drop out at the end of the next turn.

You get the man tied up and gagged; he's still out. He was tranq'd all of 10 minutes ago, after all. Steve ain't gonna short you on the knockout juice. He should be out for several more hours.

Lars bows his head toward Milno.  "I will do as you asked."

Charge up that brain for more brain braining.
Brain Braining for more Brain Brainoning

Carefully check the identified book for traps, then remove whatever is in the book and put the book back on the shelf.

Take a look at the info.

The book containing the info is right where Lars said it would be, a large volume; hollowed out with the information squirreled away inside.
The info takes the form of a small, external hard drive, a black box the size of a pack of cigarettes. There's no way to look at the information using just the hard drive itself; You'd need to hook it up to something. 

((Sorry, I got hit by the flu. Stuck in bed for a while.))
"We do have an hour, and there's five of us to search this one room. We'll probably have time to spare."
Check the guards if they'll be waking up. Additionally, strip search them.
They're still out. Additionally, stripping them naked reveals nothing of interest. At least not of interest to you. You were never...inclined towards that type of...side arm...ahem.

"Okay, will do."

Thaddeus sat in his chair a little bit before reaching for the Stevecom and muttering under his breath:"Steve's a reasonable guy...A.I. thing, Right? Right. There's no reason he would shock me for questioning his orders. Okay, lets do this."

Thaddeus finally used Stevecom to call and ask:"Okay, so, I know I asked you already, but in the briefing you said to either destroy or secure the data. Do you have a preference or is it alright if we just secure the data, bring it with us and only destroy it in case of an emergency?"

Thaddeus then winced abit and started muttering:"Please don't shock me, please don't shock me, please don't shock me..."

> Secure or destroy, whichever. As long as the data gets out of his hands and into the hands of no one outside ARM, it doesn't matter.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2014, 10:18:55 am »

Lars nodded toward the man, then spoke again to Milno.  "What is it you require of me?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:58 pm »

Quote from: Penultimate turn
"Also, the information this guy has is kinda fuzzy, it's in his deeper long term memory and I'd need more time to get at it"

"I want you to delve deep inside his memory and find out everything he has that isn't in the hard drive. He should know what is and isn't inside, so I want you to search for the info that is hidden away inside his brain or somewhere else."

"And I'm crashing in a bit."
Milno answers. He should've tried one of those pills before, in the sword's (mildly) safe environment, to know how bad the collateral effects were. At the very least their current situation is stable and good enough that he won't be a problem while he goes through whatever the drug's backlash has to offer.

Lay down on the floor, cross arms and prepare for the crash.
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »

Thaddeus breathes a sigh of relief before making sure that his radio is still set to Milno's frequency: "Hey boss? Got the clarification for you. As long as the data is out of his hands and does not fall into someone else's hands that is not in the ARM, it does not matter if we destroy it or just secure it."

After that, keep watching and scanning, with the cameyes, for people that may want to cause us harm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:51 pm »

Lars nodded, a bit slower than usual.  "I will do so, Saint Milno."

Go deep as I can into his brain.  See if there's any other data anywhere else.  Search everywhere, everything I can without wearing myself out.  Fear to tread nowhere.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:35:11 pm by Toaster »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2014, 03:27:14 am »

Put the drive in my case, help Milno with the crash, and wait for Toaster to go overboard
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23