Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51029 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

Pray then pray again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

The guard shakes his head, his face a solid mask of stern authority.

"One. It take longer, fine. One. Other leave. Stay off floor."

Milno starts to say something and the guard makes a face, as though he's about to start asking dangerous questions, like why exactly he wants so many people up here, why they're repairing the electrical lines on a piece of shit building like this one, and why a paid by the hour employee would want to get things done quickly. Milno closes his mouth slowly,  and looks over at Skylar. He just looks back with a blank, expectant expression.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

Skylar shrugs briefly. Go ahead, boss. Work next floor, I'll do this.
He waves the datapad briefly, then points down to the end of the main hallway and addresses the guard. Start there, work down the hall. Acceptable?

Stay with the guard, start 'inspection' in the furthest room from the stairs on the main hall if acceptable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2014, 11:15:35 pm »

Milno nods. "Someone else coming later. Replacing him if work isn't done." he tells the big brutish guy before heading downstairs. He'd need Lars for the emergency plan he had in mind. At least Skylar was good with tech and would be able to produce reasonable technobabble.

Go downstairs to meet with the rest of the team.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2014, 12:33:29 am »

After Milno leaves, head back on down to the rest of the team also. After getting there, watch, report and charge.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2014, 10:12:44 am »

Skylar shrugs briefly. Go ahead, boss. Work next floor, I'll do this.
He waves the datapad briefly, then points down to the end of the main hallway and addresses the guard. Start there, work down the hall. Acceptable?

Stay with the guard, start 'inspection' in the furthest room from the stairs on the main hall if acceptable
The guard watches Milno go and then follows you, staying a good distance away as you head down the hall and enter the first room at the end. He's smart, staying far enough back that he has enough time to get his gun up and shoot you if you try to rush him. You duck down near an outlet and unscrew it, doing your damnedest to look like you know what the hell you're doing while he stares over your shoulder. Luckily, you're pretty sure he doesn't know a damn thing about electrical work either; he's just making sure you're not planting bombs or something.

Milno nods. "Someone else coming later. Replacing him if work isn't done." he tells the big brutish guy before heading downstairs. He'd need Lars for the emergency plan he had in mind. At least Skylar was good with tech and would be able to produce reasonable technobabble.

Go downstairs to meet with the rest of the team.
You walk down stairs, careful to move at a slow, deliberate pace until you're out of earshot  of the men and sight of the 6th floor camera. Then you jog back to the room and meet up with the rest of the team, who has assembled there.

After Milno leaves, head back on down to the rest of the team also. After getting there, watch, report and charge.
You crouch in the corner of the room, scanning through the walls to make sure everything is still on track. You wait for milno to say something.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2014, 02:34:49 pm »

"They didn't give me any chance to mess with the camera. We'll have to change tactics." Milno quietly announces to the team, clicking his tongue. "We'll wait a while and then Lars goes upstairs. The rest of the team minus watchout should be waiting close to the 6th floor stairs, out of sight of the cameras and pretending to work but prepared to rush in for the case shit happens. Other ideas, suggestions or even a better plan can be put on the table. I told the guard Lars would go there to replace Skylar, but what Lars has to do is use his amp to make that guard leave. Preferentially by using something like a strong compulsion to do something out of here, and that should be done out of sight of the second guard and any cameras so he doesn't see his partner leaving. Lars, go easy, take some time concentrating and don't go overboard nor fuck up."

"In case that fails, you should have taken the tranq pistol, so Skylar should distract the guard while you tranq him. Tell us if you're successful. From then on you can try either drawing the other guard and subduing him as well or trying to make the sleeping guard sleepwalk and draw the other guard or tranq him or whatever. From there on, I'd get upstairs and finally mess with that camera so that the target can't see the rest of us coming."

He turns his attention to Thaddeus. "Any news from Steve?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2014, 03:40:12 pm »

Thaddeus nervously clears his throat and shrugs: "Ah, that's a good question boss. Last time I checked Steve said he'd get back to me with an update. That was a while ago. I'll check right now to see how everything else is going. Unless there's something specific you want me to ask about?"

Use Stevecom to ask for updates for our mission, the other missions, and any general new information/updates

Oh, and watch/report/charge
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:45:03 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2014, 05:31:35 pm »

Lars bowed toward Saint Milno.  "I will do as you command, and compel him to leave.  Shall I send him out of the whole building?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

"Maybe. You could make him have an urge to check a certain desert corridor or even a room in the sixth floor for any signs of ambushers or something. Preferentially, it should be something that doesn't make him leave the floor so the target doesn't see it through the camera and gets suspicious."

"This suggestion business seems easier if you try something close to what they already have in mind. If you just nudge him towards doing something that could relate to the target's protection and then make him go overboard, he could spend hours trying to search for assassins that aren't there and be harmless for a good while."
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:41 am »

"So... he suddenly suspects an assassin will be coming in the window of one of the other rooms, and that he can't tell his friend?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2014, 12:30:21 pm »

"Some if not most of these rooms don't have windows. Either choose one with a window or make him suspect the assassin is trying to tunnel from the roof. Yeah, avoid having him tell his friend. And hell, you could just try to get him confused for long enough to tranq him out of sight. Adapt to the situation to the best of your capabilities and just avoid going overboard, since we won't be able to keep in touch when you start your move."
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2014, 01:08:13 pm »

Lars bowed toward him.  "Yes, my friend.  I will prepare to move out."

Get crap together.  Pack case with tools, with the tranq pistol hidden at the bottom.  Get ready to move out when Milno signals.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »

Continue to slowly 'work', mumbling to myself and taking notes on the wiring.

Next time I come out to the hall, make note of any breaker boxes on this floor before continuing

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:55 am »

"Steve be with you, Lars. I'll stay here on lookout duty. Unless you want me to come with, Milno."

Get disguised up, get case packed, and start "doing maintenence" in the hall.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23