Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51025 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:03 am »

Charge prayer bonus.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:05 am »

Milno takes part of his equipment (pills he hasn't given out, mechanist glove, paralysis grenade) hidden under other stuff and a fake bottom.
((Foresight helped in this case. We're carrying unassuming bags instead of professional assassin metal cases. Assume "other stuff" to be the correct work papers and assorted junk, like the books I bought. The thing covering the real equipment inside the backpack should be another of the bags we bought, but "smashed" to look like it's actually the bottom. I'd rather not have to open it, but in case it's necessary.))

"Papers. Books. Work stuff." Milno answers.

In case he doesn't seem convinced, open the bag myself and let him see the contents.

You tell him whats in the bag and he looks dubious, so you open it and show him. He pokes through it with the barrel of his gun for a moment before grimacing and then nodding.

"No one supposed to be here. This level" he says, glancing unconsciously back in the direction of the target's room.

Same old, same old. Watch, report, charge bonus. Look for any hidden weapons on the first guard. Inspect the second guard the same as the first, this time also looking for weapons.

"Aw, man. I really didn't need to know that guy had a piercing there. Gah, I'm going to see that every time I sleep for a bit. Anyways, I wonder what the other guy has on him"
They've both got those submachine guns, and the one still at the target's room has a metal something on his belt. Baton, machete, hard to say, resolution isn't great.

Continue 'inspection', moving slowly towards the guard along the wires
You slide alongside the guard, slowly moving till you're directly beside him, eyes never leaving the wires or datapad. He doesn't notice you; too busy with milno.

Charge prayer bonus.
+/- 1 to luck stat eh?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:46 am »

"Hey preach and sniper? So aside from the submachine guns both of the guards have, the one still at the door seems to have some sort of metal weapon on him. Could just be a nightstick, could be a machete, could be a comically oversized metal clarinet. I'm not sure. Oh, and the other guard is still talking to Milno and Skylar...I'm sure how its going, but, he hasn't raised his gun at them yet, so...yay?"

Watch, report, charge. Check on our target, see what he's doing. Scan him same as the guards, this time also checking the room over for any possible hidden weapons.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2014, 08:34:44 am »

Larry smiled.  "Saint Milno is blessed by the gods.  Surely his words are like unto honey and silver in the ear of the unbeliever."

Continue to be ready to go.  Maintain prayer bonus.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:20 pm »

"Need to inspect. Security reasons. No one likes fires. Specially when asleep." Milno counters, trying to convince the grunt of the importance of their pretend task.

Keep trying.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2014, 11:20:23 am »

"Hey preach and sniper? So aside from the submachine guns both of the guards have, the one still at the door seems to have some sort of metal weapon on him. Could just be a nightstick, could be a machete, could be a comically oversized metal clarinet. I'm not sure. Oh, and the other guard is still talking to Milno and Skylar...I'm sure how its going, but, he hasn't raised his gun at them yet, so...yay?"

Watch, report, charge. Check on our target, see what he's doing. Scan him same as the guards, this time also checking the room over for any possible hidden weapons.

The target has retreated back into the room and is rummaging around. The content of the room is too much a mess of overlapping, gray images to get a very good idea what he's doing, but he seems to be looking for something. You'd guess he's going for some sort of weapon, if the report on his paranoia was correct.
Larry smiled.  "Saint Milno is blessed by the gods.  Surely his words are like unto honey and silver in the ear of the unbeliever."

Continue to be ready to go.  Maintain prayer bonus.
Dum de dum

"Need to inspect. Security reasons. No one likes fires. Specially when asleep." Milno counters, trying to convince the grunt of the importance of their pretend task.

Keep trying.
The man seems to be mulling over what you said, visibly struggling to find a way out of the situation. After a few seconds he nods to himself.

"Stay here. Will ask" He says, and walks away down the hall, back toward the target's room.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2014, 07:54:01 pm »

Wait until the man has left for a while to discreetly check the walkie-talkie, lowering its volume if necessary.

"Any news?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:20 am »

Also wait, continuing to look busy for the camera while discretely checking the wiring for bugs, then talk quietly

He's going to come back and tell us to leave the floor by... some manner. What do you want to do, boss?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2014, 02:58:35 am »

"So, Lars. you praying?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2014, 04:16:10 am »

After hearing Milno on the radio, Thaddeus tunes his to Milno's frequency: "Well, the other guard by the door has some sort of metal weapon, in addition to his submachine gun, could be a machete, or a baton. Not sure. The target seems to be rummaging through the room looking for a weapon of some sort. Again, not sure, too much in the way to be sure."

After that, watch, report, charge
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2014, 07:50:57 am »

Lars nodded, and kept up his prayer.  He stopped briefly when the radio beeped.  "I am ready to serve."

Maintain prayer.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2014, 12:41:06 pm »

He's going to come back and tell us to leave the floor by... some manner. What do you want to do, boss?

"Ask for only a few minutes to check the hallway's lights, no checking rooms or anything." Milno answers in a very quiet voice to Skylar, not moving his head to face him in order to hide that fact. "People usually give in to smaller requests after being asked for something bigger before that. Some guilt mechanism or something. In case that doesn't work... I have a plan."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2014, 08:56:05 am »

Wait until the man has left for a while to discreetly check the walkie-talkie, lowering its volume if necessary.

"Any news?"
You wait till the man is around the corner and then bend down and huddle against the wall, trying to look like you're checking some wires while talking.

Also wait, continuing to look busy for the camera while discretely checking the wiring for bugs, then talk quietly

You find no audio bugs, but you notice, as you look around, that there's another camera; it's down the hall the target's room is in, at the end, with a view of the entire hall. It's above a radiator , which is why the cam eyes must have missed it.

After hearing Milno on the radio, Thaddeus tunes his to Milno's frequency: "Well, the other guard by the door has some sort of metal weapon, in addition to his submachine gun, could be a machete, or a baton. Not sure. The target seems to be rummaging through the room looking for a weapon of some sort. Again, not sure, too much in the way to be sure."

After that, watch, report, charge
You keep an eye on the guards and warn milno when the first one is on his way back.

The guard returns a minute or two later, his expression inscrutable.

"One stay. I stay with while work." He says, leaning up against the wall. "Other leave."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2014, 11:38:54 pm »

"Take longer. How about more also checking? Finished faster, no more bother." Milno offers.

Trying to strike an assassin-friendly deal here.
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2014, 04:35:51 am »

Pause 'notetaking' to watch conversation
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23