Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51045 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:57 am »

Radio back to Thomas:"Hang on, I'll tell ya in just a sec."

Scan around, make sure target is still in his room. If so, report to Thomas. If not, keep looking till likely target is found, report to Thomas

Edit: Probably won't be able to post till Wednesday. Keep with the scanning, watching and reporting till then
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:54:36 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:59 am »

"Seemed sixth floor. Can't be sure." Milno whispers to Thomas. "All fine there? No loose wires?" he asks via walkie-talkie, and after making sure there isn't anyone listening in: "Leave a cam staring at door. Need to make sure." he says in a low, garbled voice.

Check if we were also granted keys to rooms and start to pretend to check vacant ones, slowing making my way up the floors.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2014, 08:33:21 am »

Check the room under the target's room- after "briefly inspecting" the sequential rooms before.  Just skip them if they're occupied.

If occupied:
  "Will come later.  Must inspect."

If they leave OR if taken but no one is inside:  Inspect ceiling for any points that can be used to look/listen to room above.

If completely vacant:  Do above, but also tell Thaddeus that we may want to xray the room from directly below.

Don't supposed we brought any spy cameras with cameye functionality?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:26:20 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2014, 01:51:38 pm »

Follow Lars, help 'check the wires'.

Suggest we check the rooms on the floor sequentially, rather than going straight to the one under the target.

Leave a hidden camera pointed at the 6th floor stairwell
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:49:58 pm by Kriellya »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »

((PTW.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2014, 02:24:58 pm »

Suggest we check the rooms on the floor sequentially, rather than going straight to the one under the target.

((Good plan.  Editing to indicate))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2014, 01:53:23 am »

"Yeah, all clear here."
Set up the camera as Milno requested, then follow him in heading up the stairs. Check what we have on us.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:54 am »

Thomas looks around, making sure that nobody is present before speaking into his radio:
"Do any of you have an idea of where our target is?"
Keep looking around.
You covertly speak to your teammates while poking around some electrical sockets.

Radio back to Thomas:"Hang on, I'll tell ya in just a sec."

Scan around, make sure target is still in his room. If so, report to Thomas. If not, keep looking till likely target is found, report to Thomas

Edit: Probably won't be able to post till Wednesday. Keep with the scanning, watching and reporting till then

The man you assume is the target is still in his room, sitting on a chair or maybe his bed, reading something and occasionally glancing about.

"Seemed sixth floor. Can't be sure." Milno whispers to Thomas. "All fine there? No loose wires?" he asks via walkie-talkie, and after making sure there isn't anyone listening in: "Leave a cam staring at door. Need to make sure." he says in a low, garbled voice.

Check if we were also granted keys to rooms and start to pretend to check vacant ones, slowing making my way up the floors.

Lars wasn't given any, but then again, he didn't ask for them either.

Check the room under the target's room- after "briefly inspecting" the sequential rooms before.  Just skip them if they're occupied.

If occupied:
  "Will come later.  Must inspect."

If they leave OR if taken but no one is inside:  Inspect ceiling for any points that can be used to look/listen to room above.

If completely vacant:  Do above, but also tell Thaddeus that we may want to xray the room from directly below.

Don't supposed we brought any spy cameras with cameye functionality?
You'd have to pick the locks to get in without a key. You wanna do that?

Leave a hidden camera pointed at the 6th floor stairwell

You stash a hidden camera on the landing of the 6th floor stairwell and then follow Lars.

It's about noon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2014, 01:58:08 pm »

"Keys?" Milno asks via the walkie-talkie.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »

((Damn it, I thought we were.  Bah.))

No, better go ask for them.  Just me.  Walk down and ask.  "Room keys?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2014, 03:17:13 pm »

"Electrical work needs to be done in rooms.  Must be up to code.  Need keys and access."
Skylar and Lars, after gathering up some supplies, head down to the front desk and hit the bell a few times. The owner emerges from the back room again, still looking as tired and annoyed as last time. Lars presents him with the paperwork and talks to him in mostly passable version of the Kanese dialect. The old man looks from the papers to Lars and back, smacking wrinkled limps and blinking slowly as he scans through the papers. About halfway through the papers he looks past Lars and sees Skylar. His eyes narrow.

"Why you rent room if here repair wires?" He asks.

(( We definitely asked for them, but it doesn't look like we received them :P ))

Await arrival of keys, look busy inspecting the hallway's electrical system. Identify any fuse boxes on the floor

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:15 am »

Look busy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2014, 08:53:40 am »

Wait for keys. When we get them, pretend to check vacant rooms, slowing making my way up the floors and leaving about half un-checked so there's an excuse for checking them again tomorrow, if needed.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2014, 11:06:15 am »

((Damn it, I thought we were.  Bah.))

No, better go ask for them.  Just me.  Walk down and ask.  "Room keys?"
"Electrical work needs to be done in rooms.  Must be up to code.  Need keys and access."
Skylar and Lars, after gathering up some supplies, head down to the front desk and hit the bell a few times. The owner emerges from the back room again, still looking as tired and annoyed as last time. Lars presents him with the paperwork and talks to him in mostly passable version of the Kanese dialect. The old man looks from the papers to Lars and back, smacking wrinkled limps and blinking slowly as he scans through the papers. About halfway through the papers he looks past Lars and sees Skylar. His eyes narrow.

"Why you rent room if here repair wires?" He asks.

(( We definitely asked for them, but it doesn't look like we received them :P ))

Await arrival of keys, look busy inspecting the hallway's electrical system. Identify any fuse boxes on the floor
Oh, I guess you did. In that case I'll just assume you got them and not force a roll.

There are no fuse boxes on the individual floors. They must be down stairs, in a central fuse box.

Wait for keys. When we get them, pretend to check vacant rooms, slowing making my way up the floors and leaving about half un-checked so there's an excuse for checking them again tomorrow, if needed.
You poke your head into the vacant rooms: the some look like your own, with two beds each, some only have a single bed and are more of a furnished closet then anything, but there's nothing really suspicious about any of them.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »

@ Toaster do you mean one of the vacant rooms underneath the targets room?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23