Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51068 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 12:42:50 am »

"Preach, got cams? Use, scan around, to be safe."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 07:47:12 am »

"Will do."

Slip the cameye goggles on and scan around in x-ray, other modes as appropriate.  See what's going on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 04:20:17 am »

(( Their dialect got the best of me, I think :P ))

Use datapad, check for wireless connections. If an open connection to the local net is found, look around for job postings in the area. Make particular note of any jobs in the Green Mansion.

Leave the TV on to a news channel while working, idly listen to current events and dialect

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2014, 01:02:03 am »

"Hmm. Oddly loud, don't like."

Stay ready to kill shit with the handgun.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2014, 09:04:17 am »

"Will do."

Slip the cameye goggles on and scan around in x-ray, other modes as appropriate.  See what's going on.
The X-ray mode of the goggles easily penetrates the flimsy inner structures of the building, letting you look through several floors up and down, the building appearing to be nothing more then a white square tube filled with a lattice of crisscrossing opaque pipes and wires, with a human skeleton just floating in space every now and again. 

The hotel seems mostly empty with only a handful of people in the other rooms above and below you. Up a few levels on the...6th? Yeah, looks about right. On the sixth floor there are two skeletons standing side by side next to a door. They could just be loitering, but the room they're in front of has an occupant, who is pacing back and forth rather rapidly. That combined with the fact that they're both pretty big looking guys makes you more inclined to believe they're hired goons, not just idle goons.

(( Their dialect got the best of me, I think :P ))

Use datapad, check for wireless connections. If an open connection to the local net is found, look around for job postings in the area. Make particular note of any jobs in the Green Mansion.

Leave the TV on to a news channel while working, idly listen to current events and dialect

No internet connection here, or anywhere near by, at least wirelessly. Seems these people aren't too big on offering free wifi with every room.

The tv blathers on about seeing some local deity in the form of snackfood.
"Hmm. Oddly loud, don't like."

Stay ready to kill shit with the handgun.
You sit on the bed with your handgun on your lap, staring at the door. It's an odd sensation of wanting something to happen and, at the same time, hoping nothing happens.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:40 am »

"Someone should try to get some of those small cameras hidden close enough to our door to give us a prevous warning in case of weird shit and far enough to prevent people from thinking it's ours in case they're found." Milno says in a quiet voice, still unsure if there's any danger around.

If no immediate danger, read books again.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2014, 08:09:12 pm »

"Looks like boots went to sixth or so floor.  Not for us.  No idea what they are doing."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 01:55:06 am »

((I feel as if they're part of the mafia and shaking down the person on the other side if the door. I also feel like we should be helping out somehow. Damn you conscience!!))

"What going on there?"

Watch some more TV, but stay ready to kill, just in case. Oh, and see how much ammo the pistol has, just so I know.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:04:24 am by renegadelobster »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2014, 09:38:50 am »

"Someone should try to get some of those small cameras hidden close enough to our door to give us a prevous warning in case of weird shit and far enough to prevent people from thinking it's ours in case they're found." Milno says in a quiet voice, still unsure if there's any danger around.

If no immediate danger, read books again.
This time, almost as if compensating for your lack of understanding last time, you just memorize the contents of each book one at a time. You have a complete memory of it all and can recall everything in an instant.

((I feel as if they're part of the mafia and shaking down the person on the other side if the door. I also feel like we should be helping out somehow. Damn you conscience!!))

"What going on there?"

Watch some more TV, but stay ready to kill, just in case. Oh, and see how much ammo the pistol has, just so I know.
You check the pistol. It has 9 rounds per magazine.

The television is talking about some sort of territorial conflict on another continent. The reporter is speaking emotionlessly in that clipped language of theirs, dull expression of disinterest on their face.

If you guys are haven't trouble thinking where to go, you could ask steve.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2014, 06:39:59 pm »

"Do we know how this guy travels around? Does he have a chauffeur?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »

((Kinda drawing a blank here))

"Should we watch the hotel?  Stake it out?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 01:11:12 am »

"Well, there's five of us. We could split up into two groups of two, have them find out as much as they can, then have the fifth stay in the apartment."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 01:26:44 am »

((Sorry about not posting much. Things went slower than predicted, my health didn't help and around these times I'm worried about the approaching tests.))

"Remember our papers? Instead of a couple of people watching someone in, which could call attention, we could have two of us get into the hotel pretending to be maintenance personnel, get as much information as necessary, plant a few cameras in good locations - I think they may have their own - and then we learn the mark's habits before having the rest of the group book a room there as normal customers. The second group would act as fast as possible afterwards. What do you think? We need a plan, but rushing one won't help us get this done right." Milno turned to Skylar. "You could get us in line with Steve, ask him what he thinks."

If necessary, use Steveline to ask Steve's opinion on the plan above and any improvements he may have in mind.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 07:56:00 am »

"Cameras good.  Targets good.  Not until last resort, but I do have access to the Miracles of Steve.  Can cameras be used to target that?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 10:41:51 am »

((Sorry about not posting much. Things went slower than predicted, my health didn't help and around these times I'm worried about the approaching tests.))

"Remember our papers? Instead of a couple of people watching someone in, which could call attention, we could have two of us get into the hotel pretending to be maintenance personnel, get as much information as necessary, plant a few cameras in good locations - I think they may have their own - and then we learn the mark's habits before having the rest of the group book a room there as normal customers. The second group would act as fast as possible afterwards. What do you think? We need a plan, but rushing one won't help us get this done right." Milno turned to Skylar. "You could get us in line with Steve, ask him what he thinks."

If necessary, use Steveline to ask Steve's opinion on the plan above and any improvements he may have in mind.

>Seems reasonable. Are you already in the Green mansion though? It's a bit hard to tell; the tracking system has a 100 feet or so of inaccuracy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23