Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 49659 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 02:11:09 pm »

Head to the general store and buy some food.  Are there windows in the store that would allow observing the hotel front?  Don't say much, but just listen.

Also double checking to make sure that amp is installed and ready.

Milno has all the money, remember, and the store isn't open yet. It's like 5-6 in the morning, by local standards. 28 hour days.

Hmm...I wonder what else is around here?

Walk around the next closest blocks and look for anything else of interest and staying alert for any other suspicious people(besides us), hopefully with Skylar so Thaddeus doesn't get mugged, while Milno gets a room
The block behind the hotel is mostly tenement houses and private buildings, while the block in the other direction is crowded with a line of stores similar to the general store, though selling different things. There are electronic stores, clothing, used goods stores, book shops, cafe, a few restaurants, all manner of things. They're all still closed, for the moment.

Head to the abandoned building and frown / read the sign on the door while waiting for Milno. Look as if I'm annoyed that something has been closed. Head in with Milno to get the rooms, chatter with him about the 'attractions' pamphlet if he finds one.
The sign says, in a language that seems to have it's roots in english but with modified grammar and some words you don't recognize, that the building has been repossessed and is slated for resale by some Realtor group.

((Sick, terrible morning headache. I'll post this and may edit the action later to be more detailed or correct any mistakes.))

Already waiting for quite a while, Milno notices the rest of his teammates approaching. Although he has considered giving some of the cash to his teammates so they get different rooms and pretend they don't know each other, that plan only had high chances of crashing since they'd eventually have to meet somewhere and all of them had the same cases. Putting some of them inside the Green Mansion and the rest in the other hotel also faced the problem that in case their mark is paranoid enough, all of the place's rooms could be under surveillance.

They needed a base of operations as quick as possible to gather information before making any moves.

Get into the hotel and discreetly check for any free pamphlets detailing the city's attractions and any other useful info - a library's/equivalent place's location would be good. Then check the price for two or three rooms capable of holding the entire team, preferentially in some price table displayed somewhere in the lobby. Pay for them.

If were taken to our rooms, discreetly check whether they have some kind of surveillance system, pretending I'm just checking the place's quality.

You head into the hotel. The lobby is fairly small and rectangular shaped, with one door to the right of the entrance, and one straight ahead. The door to the right is blocked off by the check in counter. It's all quite old looking with faded jade colored wallpaper and mouldering wood paneling. You highly doubt this is the type of place to have pamphlets. You ring the bell on the counter and, about a minute later, an older looking man with a scruffy white mustache and tired eyes shuffles out of the door behind the counter wearing a robe.

"I need two rooms for myself and my friends. Next to each other, if you have them."

"It's 25 night by room. Don't pay, we kick you out." The old man says, looking you over. "50 now."

You hand him the money, careful to not show him the size of the wad of cash you're carrying.

"Third floor, rooms 1 and 2. Stairs there. Pay here tomorrow morning, or we kick you out."

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you know where the library is."

The man, who was rummaging under the counter, looks up at you "No library. Book store next street."

The man hands you two keys, real brass keys with teeth for an analog lock. How quaint. He shuffles back off into the other room after giving them to you.

You head through the door he indicated and find the stairs, a narrow set of wooden stairs that stretched up the length of the entire building and were crammed in the back corner. On the ground floor there's a second door leading off away from the stairs. It's closed and won't open from your side, but you can see through a round window in the top that it appears to lead to the kitchen.  You head up to the third story and into the first room, which is just left of the stairs. The room itself is fairly large, all things considered. Big enough for two beds, a low dresser, a shitty TV and a bathroom with a shower. There are no windows in the room, but it is connected to the second room, so thats a plus.

You didn't see any cameras anywhere on the way up, though you've not seen much of the actual living area yet.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

Head back into the hotel lobby, and after Milno comes down to bring us up to the rooms, turn on the TV's in each room for background noise. After that put on the cam-eye goggles and look around while switching through the different modes watch some local channels on a TV to try and learn more about this planet's culture, and give Lars the cam-eye goggles

"Well, time to see how good these cam-eyes are.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:13:22 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 12:40:11 am »

While they wait, Thomas stays silent. Eventually, he turns towards Lars and asks him a single question.
"Hey, in your book, what does it say about the dead?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 09:18:46 am »

Stick with group.  Volunteer for Recon duty since no one else is.  Pack the goggles in the case and head out with Skylar.

Lars looked at Thomas as he spoke.  With a glance at Milno, Lars made sure that no outsiders could hear him.  "I have not finished my studies, what with the war preparations we have been doing.  While there is no explicit reference there, I do have what the Glorious Steve has said.  According to that, Steve collects those who have passed and brings them back together into his warm glowing embrace.  Once we have passed from this world, we come together in the glory of Steve.  We will join together again with those who are lost."

He was silent a moment.

"You will meet your May again, and you can share your love together in Steve's holy light."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:37:53 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 10:01:49 am »

After checking the rooms, Milno plops down to watch TV. "Two people stay here and keep watch at all times unless we're performing some major action. Can't let sneaky people try to steal our stuff while we are away. This day should be fairly calm. I plan on going to the bookstore to get any books that may help us get familiar with this place's culture while one team does some discreet recon of the area around that hotel. One of the teams stays here watching TV and guarding our stuff. If the recon team meets our mark, don't talk to him unless necessary, and don't let him know you know him. Don't attack either; discreetly try to discover his routine or habits if you come across him."

Watch TV. Change channels until I find something that might be remotely useful for understanding the local culture, as well as the culture of the place our documents say we came from.

Milno also gives the recon team some money (around 1/4 of the total) so they can buy some cheap and locally-appropriate walkie-talkies or similar short-range communication system.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:44:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 10:13:13 am »

"I will perform any duty as assigned, Saint Milno."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 10:45:13 am »

So, just a thought, but it might not hurt to also go and get a cheap set of walkies, phones or something similar so we can all stay in touch
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:06 am »

"Sure. Recon team can do that for us. We need something locally-appropriate anyway." Milno answers, taking some cash out of the wad of bills he was given and resting it on a bed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:48:41 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:15 am »

"Perhaps Skylar and I can go out and recon?  Thaddeus seems to be settling in here."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »

"That would work. The recon team should take the cameyes goggles since they're scouting near the green mansion."
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 12:04:43 pm »

"Am I permitted to use the Miracles of Steve, or save them for later in case something goes wrong?"

((Asking permission before using an amp?  Surely this can't be right.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2014, 12:10:27 pm »

Ah, that would make more sense for them to have these. Here ya go Preach.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

"Am I permitted to use the Miracles of Steve, or save them for later in case something goes wrong?"

"Save them for later. If you really need to, you can use it in an emergency, preferentially spending a few moments to concentrate on the result you want. Skylar will probably be a good judge as to 'when' a situation is fucked enough to be considered an emergency."
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2014, 12:33:10 pm »

"I will do that.  Thank you, Saint Milno.  And thank you Thaddeus."

Brother Lars put the goggles in his case and some of the money in his pocket.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:37 pm »

Sounds like a plan. Let's go see the sites, Lars.

Leave my case and datapad with Milno, pocket a couple mini-cams.
( Can I get the count on how many cameras we have? Or is it just sort of a 'less than 100, probably more than you need' sort of amount? )

Head out on recon if we're ready to leave. Look for a map of the area when we hit the general store. Do not spend much time looking at the Green Hotel on this pass, spend more time wandering the town and getting a feel for crowds, layout, and landmarks. Make particular note of other tall buildings on the same street as the hotel.

Otherwise, watch some TV with Thad

(( I don't remember what the description of the cam-eye goggles was, I've been assuming that they're a bit obvious? ))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23