Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1  (Read 18740 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »

Isteus focused in on the man at his terms, frowning and giving the old guy a look over.

"Can you even fight us? The deal sounds acceptable to me, but there is no real gain in a fight that could be won by a pass of a season." The Hawk took a verbal jab at the man in retaliation for his earlier offense, visibly sizing up the ferryman.

He didn't look like much, but Isteus isn't a fool. Talk of looters, an area so unfortified with lack of any guard except the lone ferryman. This man can probably hold his own, otherwise he wouldn't of had the job nor held it long, from the sounds of it. Isteus whirls back to the earlier talk about magic, putting two and two together.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2014, 08:46:14 pm »

Cara looked at Sir Kahn for his point. Being called Greedy was quite wrong in her intent, but she looked towards the others for their point.

In all sense, they were pets to the passage-bearer, weren't they?

She looked back at Charon.

"Then let's be Greedy. No payment--free passage. In a sense, you're already delivering souls, if we fail in our effort, for free into the dead. Where we end up. . .will be up to you. ideas?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »

"The man is asking for an honorable duel, is he not? Well then. What's the nature of combat? Do we select one of our group to fight you?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »

"Something tells me that this duel will be anything BUT honorable."
I need to put something interesting here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:17 pm »

: "Oh come now my dear. Just because I live below your dainty feet a few notches, you think you can look down upon me? Why, I'm hurt by the haughtiness of you highborn nature. I fear I might cry."

: "To answer your question though... No. You're all against poor little old me. I would want to embarrass any of you in one single combat after all. That would be rude."

All Sanyi did was wave his arms in frantic panic, knowing that this was just a little too inviting.

: "Don't worry so much... We'll be fine... I think"

: "Charon. We accept your proposal and-"

: "Ohohoho... Well this. Is. A. Surprise! A Heron. I've seen cats too curious for their own good, tigers who and hawks who thought too much of their strength, and wolves and ravens too smart for their own good. I've met many a man and woman who thought they could best the Underworld and live, but a Heron! This is a first. Wait... You're Orpheus aren't you? The husband of that flighty young woman who came by a few weeks ago. Hohoho!"

: "You... You saw her?"

: "I've seen many a woman like her. You should have seen her. Waiting on her poor lover at the dockside. Crying and wailing. Haha! Classic!"

: "You..."

: "What's the matter? Angry? Saaad? Feel like you need to cry? Heheh... Good. I only want to face foes that are going to put up a fight. Come and get me boy. I accept your challenge."

Charon raised his arms over the water, which rippled and bubbled beneath his hand. Four orbs of crackling magical energy shot up from the depths of the river. The ferryman laughed ecstatically.

: "Behold my strength!"

Turn 1!

Enemy Stats!

EXP: 40/100

Spoiler: Health and Stats (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

Matthew five up, equip Worm

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »

"Miserable old wretch. Trust me, we'll be looking down upon you when we send you back into whatever hellish hole you wriggled your way out of."

Making sure her crossbow is loaded (and not pointed at Matthew), Nynaeve moves to J,15
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2014, 01:04:19 am »

"The more powerful and skilled the foes we defeat, the greater our honor and names become. I have no fear of you or your minions, Charon, for even if I die everything I do will help further Orpheus's cause... and that is all I require."

Kahn to J,14.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2014, 03:07:24 am »

And I'll make sure everything you do will not lead to your useless death. Cara mused as she looked around. The Styx was moving--ripples appeared on the glassy water she once inferred as a silent repose for the dead that crossed it.

Seeing the figures rise from the waters, or rather materialize out of them--it was hard to discern based on the lighting--she gazed around. Charon had an advantage of a rabbitneck. Narrow, and easy for those with range to pounce on any attacker.

She looked around for an advantage they could use. Use the terrain they said.

Cara to O,17

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »

N, 16
It's FEF, not FEOF

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »

"Honorless scum. People like you are the reason why I do what I do. Now then, prepare yourself for my wrath."
K-15.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

Isteus moved up to K-16.

"Orpheus, if you want I can give a shot making him into an instrument. Perhaps a chime or some flutes, although I admit I'm better at fighting than scrimshaw." The hawk shot the offer at the down-looking Heron in a semi-joking manner.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »

Enemy Phase!

One of the crackling sprites floated forward. As it neared Kahn, it expanded and contracted rapidly, loosing electricity in his direction. The lightning misses, but leaves a nasty scorch mark on the paving stones.
Code: [Select]
Styx A vs. Kahn!
80-12=68
94! Miss!

The ferryman laughed like a madman, his dry voice cracking and crinkling.

: "HAHAHAAA! Yesssss! Let the rage flow through you. It's like I always say, an angry opponent is a good one. Let the fires of rage stoke your soul!

As Charon said this, he flourished his hands at the river. This time, fiery sprites issued forth, steaming the water as they rose from the depths.

: "I'll do what I can to match your enthusiasm. Heh heh heh..."

Ally Phase!

Orpheus flits over to Isteus and Coronis, singing to them both the Song of Valor. The Heron was in an uncharacteristically bloody mood.

Code: [Select]
Song of Valor!
+10 to Transformation Gauge.

: "By all means. Use his guts to string a lyre for all I care. Just be careful. I sense great power emanating from both him and the river itself... He's going to be able sustain this kind attack for a long period of time and I fear that it's going to get far worse before it becomes better. We may want to try to set up a defensive position... We can't lose our heads here."

Turn 2

Enemy Stats!-Updated!

EXP: 43/100

Spoiler: Health and Stats (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

Matthew up one, blast the sprite with Flux

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2014, 02:55:23 am »

Cara winced at how Charon enjoyed the feeling of utter rage.
...She wondered if he actually understood what it was to be in real battle.
As she pondered this, a discoloration in the surroundings caught her attention--why was there a container, and better yet a chest, in this area?

Cara to Q,15
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21