Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1  (Read 18738 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Prologue
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2014, 06:04:06 am »

"I'm afraid not. For one, I can't allow a lady to place herself in danger before me. For the other, I'm not vanguarding to spot danger in advance; I'm leading to protect everyone from danger when it finds us. I believe we won't have to look very hard, my lady. We are walking into the realm of the dead itself."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Prologue
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2014, 04:25:41 pm »

: "Hmph. I have a feeling that this stairwell will be more than enough wide to afford both of you taking point. Anyways... Since the door is open... Good luck on your journey."

: "Thank you."

: "Don't mention it. Oh and Orpheus?"

He walked up to the heron and lowered his voice.

: "You come back. Got it? Don't make me regret letting you through here. Don't be afraid to have strong hand with your men. They'll need guidance. You are no longer a follower of any man. You are the leader now. Go and lead your men to glory."

---

Chapter 1: The Gatekeeper

Step by step, the party makes it's way down the stairwell to the Underworld, further and further into the stygian abyss. As you descend, time seems to become no longer relevant. Steps only lead to more steps. Breath after breath unto nothing.

However, this monotony of the descent is broken by the sudden change in atmosphere. A cold, chilling sensation falls over you as if a weight were lifted. One more step. Three more. Ten more. Nothing. Then through the haze you see it. Up farther ahead, there is a dock where a man robed in black stands. He spots you immediately and turns to you with a wicked smile.

: "Halt. I smell life on your bones heh heh heh... What mortals would enter this place?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1
« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:29 pm »

Matthew grinned slightly and then stepped forward.

"We enter because we're looking for someone. We can pay for our trip across so you have no reason to stop us, do you?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

: "Oooh? To search for someone you say? Hohoho... I'm afraid you won't find people of your type around here. The living I mean. Hah! Come now, tell me what you are really here for. Treasure hunting? Exploring?"

He stared at the Laguz with a wily grin upon his face.

: "Taking your favorite pets out for a bath?"
BIRDS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:34 pm »

Cara frowned at the idea, before looking aside Kahn.
"I told you letting me lead would be best."
As a fair point, she thought the man's basis for his statement was in the case of 'first person equals the leader' ideal. Some kind of order-based-hierarchy of strength or sorts that she understood in no less detail in words than in figures.

She decided to cut to the point, figuring the character was pretty much Charon.
"Coinage?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:46 pm »

"Oh yes... Yes... The money... Heh heh heh. I suppose it's no secret that I have a weakness for coin. But in this case I will have to decline. Too little profit for too much risk. Why don't you come back when you're a bit more... dead yes?"
BIRDS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »

Cara raised an eyebrow before turning her back to Charon and facing the others, holding up her arms in a confused gesture. Was that statement some kind of human slang? Treatment of the dead usually consisted of cremation where she was.

"Anyone know where Protopappas is?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

: "Hoohoohoo! Protopappas! Oh yes! I remember that one. He was a quiet one that one. Looks like he received a nasty bit of magic.

He bowed respectfully at Matthew.

: "That'd be you handiwork I imagine. Great spellwork kid really knocked them dead, y'know what I mean?."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

"Mmm, yes, that would have been my spell. An unfortunate misunderstanding, but not my fault. I do not regret it. As for the current situation... Suppose we insist on crossing now?"

Matthew's face and voice were seemingly bland and uninterested, but he was trying to figure out the best way to handle the situation, taking stock of both the party's ability to fight as well as the terrain.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »

Isteus waited patiently for those more diplomatically inclined than he to do the talking. The hawk snorted at the man's comment about Laguz, but otherwise remained silent as he looked around at the surroundings.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 24, 2014, 08:31:50 pm »

He's alone on a dock. On either side, you see an unnatural plane of grey grass and two small outbuildings. All are empty and you don't see a soul in sight. There would be no one to stop you if you really wanted to just take the raft and run. He does look so old after all. A stiff breeze could probably knock him down. But Charon seems to have other ideas in mind.

"Listen here now... If it were just one man I was taking across, sure. That's easy. Two people? Well it's a stretch, but fine. Three is pushing it. Nine people and a horse? Far too much! I could lose my job for this! Do you know how cushy I have it down here? Life insurance for the ages and all I have to do is shuttle off a few stiffs in a raft!

"But... I imagine you do have a good bit of gold... All that delicious money heh heh heh... Ooooh I can't just give that up now can I? How about this... You against me. If you can overcome me in combat, I'll let you onto my boat for the cost of 200 gold per head. That way, if Pluto asks I can say you attacked me and I get off scotch free! Hohohoho yes! I'm liking this idea a lot! How about you? Think you're man enough to take on a little old man like me?"
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2014, 08:34:06 pm »

"If we can beat you, why should we have to pay at all? Especially 200 gold's a bit pricy, no? Perhaps 100 gold per head if we win, 200 if we lose?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »

"I'm not well versed in Human, much less Grecian ideology here but striking at the passage-maker of Pluto doesn't sound well. Make it 100 gold per head and up the stakes--we didn't attack you to pass. That would be...unbecoming of us."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »

All Sanyi did was wave his arms in frantic panic, knowing that this was just a little too inviting.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »

Charon grimaced with rage.

: "You swindling animals! I told you the deal. It's not your place to barter with me. I have presented the deal!"

: "...But you are greedy like me. I like that virtue in a man. 150 gold and we fight. Final offer."
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21