Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Chapter 1  (Read 18748 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Journey to the Underworld - IC Thread - Prologue
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2014, 08:27:18 pm »

Bouncing the sign in his hand as the group stood there, Matthew considered those around him and then nodded to himself. Walking over to the hawk, he held it out to him.

"You fought well. I wanted to offer you this. It's said to give laguz greater power than they normally would be able to access. I hope it helps you."

Give Satori Sign to Isteus

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:33 pm »

The hawk blinked in surprise as the purple haired mage--Matthew, the Laguz reaches for in his mind--offered him something, the man taking it before giving it a closer look over.

"Heh, thanks!" The man inspected it closely with his keenly developed eyes, spying its shape, contours, and make. "Greater power? Hmm..." The man looked at it closer, narrowing his eyes. Without making any other movements, he continued. "...I have no idea how to use this."

"Do I hit something with it... Or is there some sort of phrase? I'm no mystic, friend, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. It must be a matter of wits." The man declared (rather dramatically) to the mage, before turning his attention to the one who gave it to him. "I thank you again; it's good that all of us made it through hale and hearty, ready to continue on and get the chance to spin a glorious tale from fate's thread."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2014, 05:02:45 am »

You've heard about Satori Signs before, but this is probably the first time you've held one yourself. The sign appears to be an etching of a closed eye in carved in wood, it's artist unknown. It's a motif you've seen all around Laguz settlements, as it represents something to do with "waking up". You never were to keen on the details about these signs, as most of the older hawks were more concerned with fighting and survival tactics then teaching philosophy. Regardless, the etching detail is fine; finer than anything that could possibly be created by a mortal man, or any laguz for that matter. The Satori Sign in does not react to any of his prodding and poking however. In fact, the further prodding and poking done, the less the Satori Sign seems to do anything at all.

However... You can hear something now that he's left it alone for a bit to talk to Matthew. Something akin to a far off sound; the beating of heavy and massive wings, compelling you to listen further.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2014, 10:05:15 am »

The hawk fell silent as he heard the wings; his smile leaving his face as his eyes cast themselves to the sky and his ears strained. Reinforcements? The abandoned pegasi perhaps--no, no, even as far off as the sound is, it has too much weight to it to be from a pegasus. Isteus clutched the Satori Sign on instinct, his other hand balling into a fist as his keen eyes tried to spot the errant newcomer.

What was making the noise?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2014, 04:11:53 pm »

Isteus

Nothing that you can see. You scan the area intently, but there seems to be nothing.

Then nothing suddenly becomes something. As you hold the Sign tightly and focus on the noise, you suddenly find yourself in a different place than before. The sun shines brightly, blinding your vision. When you recover, you find yourself flying in the air above a mountain range; your wings beating instinctively to keep you afloat. Then you see it. You see a hawk circling in the distance, it's eye upon you. Compelled by some unseen force, you approach it. Just as you reach out your hand to touch it however; the vision shatters.

You are back along the coastline. Nothing had changed. At least, not on the outside...

The Satori Sign has been used! Choose 1 ability tier from either tree.

Flight Tree:

Tier 1: New Ability
   - Pass: This character is allowed to move through enemy units. If Pass has been selected as a Character Specific Skill, the player may choose another skill instead.
   - This character may now counterattack while untransformed. However, no weapons will be used while counterattacking.

Blitz Tree:

Tier 1: New Ability
   - Rend: (SKL+LCK)% to cause the enemy to lose 4 DEF on attack. This ability only activates while transformed.

---

Everyone:

As the last of Jason's men are revived and healed, soft patterfalls of rain begin to fall from the sky. The heavens are darkening with storm clouds. Orpheus turned to his companions near him.

: "We should get to the cover of the temple... Then we can get on our way."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2014, 04:18:03 pm »

"Agreed. I shall vanguard, in case of new threats or the like."

Kahn raised his spear and headed off toward the temple.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2014, 08:22:41 pm »

Cara nodded to whomever was viewing her at the moment and followed right after Kahn. She had a certain curiosity about the man and his culture, with the only problem being how in the world to inquire.

Thinking back, Wilson was quite the jolly man. Though he had poor choice of clothing. He really looked fluffy in the sunlight.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

Matthew had been about to reply to Isteus when the hawk suddenly started staring off into the distance. Pausing for a while until the laguz seemed to be focused again, the shaman raised an eyebrow,

"Did something happen? Did it work? Also, it looks like we're heading out if you're ok to go."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:03:43 pm by Swordstar »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »

[Flight Tree! Tier 1!]

Isteus blinked once, then twice, his glazed over eyes focusing again. He looked back at the Satori Sign in his hand, silent and with a frown on his face.

"So it reveals itself." The hawk said simply, more questions than answers at this point. But he feels... Different? Stronger. He balled his hands into fists and then relaxed them again, trying to feel out the difference. Maybe he's just imagining it?

He quickly bounced back from the oddity and into the situation at hand. "The sign gave me a strange vision of mountains and exhilarating heights. And another hawk there, although it ended before I could confront them... But I think it may of been a Roc instead. I heard the movement of massive wings before the vision, perhaps those of the being I saw." The laguz explained in response to the man's questions.

"Something to think about, for sure! I think I may see more if I find more of these signs..." The man voiced the last part as speculation, but was soon lost with the group's movement onward. "I'm ready to move onward, friend, I thank you again for this gift and what it brings." The man held out his arm to the man in a friendly gesture, waiting for it to be reciprocated.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:06:22 pm by Xanmyral »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2014, 09:13:55 pm »

Matthew grinned and accepted the gesture.

"Well I'm glad that I could help. Hopefully it will help in the upcoming trials."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2014, 03:26:00 pm »

@All

As you enter the temple, the strong smell of acrid smoke assaults your nose. The inside of the Temple is vast, it's walls adorned with carvings of many great heroes and legends. At the end of the threshold, Jason is leaning against the wall, conversing with the priest. Just beyond him, two braziers filled with an enchanting blue fire burns with an unnatural glow. And beyond that, lies a massive iron gateway, stretching high enough to allow even giants to pass through. Upon it's façade, a massive shadow of a man looms, etched into the doorway by hands unknown.

As soon as everyone had arrived, Jason hefted his blade on his shoulder and marched over.

: : "Take a seat on the ground. We have a few things to discuss."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »

Kahn chose instead to stand next to the door, taking up a rather soldierly position.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »

Jason shifted.

:"A quiet bunch I see... Well I'll get down to it then."

He cleared his voice and began to speak.

:"I doubt any of you are aware of this, but a few weeks ago the Oracle issued a prophecy. She saw a vision of a feather as pure as white, descending into a pit of darkness. As she watched it's descent, the feather was rented and decayed in front of her very eyes before disappearing into absolute nothingness. This alone did not tell her anything. However, when word got around that a heron was seeking entrance into the Underworld, she was able to put the pieces together. The heron was Orpheus and his journey to the underworld was to be a failure. She decided to try to keep things discreet, only telling a few members of her inner circle the revelations about the story.

: "But that didn't stop this story from eventually involving me. Now, the Oracle of Delphi isn't the kind of lady to interfere with one of her "prophecies". But I am. When someone in her inner circle let slip just who this prophecy was pertaining to... and to simply stand aside while he pursued a fatal end... I was furious. Orpheus was with me when I sailed on the Argo a few years back. It's because of him that I'm still standing here now. Twas his Galdr that kept us from the Siren's Song... While we passed the isle, he sang to counteract their magics. We were able to escape their grasp by that means."

"Once he had stepped off of the Argo though, I never head from him again. It wasn't soon after that I heard whispers of a wedding... But... Never mind. The fact of the matter is this: I wasn't about to let a man who saved my lifethrow his own life away with knowledge that I could have tried to stop him. To do so would have a been a dishonor that I would have borne for the rest of my days."

Jason folded his arms.

: "Which brings us back to here now. I tried to stop you with what little men I could muster on such short notice, but it is quite apparent that I have lost that fight. So... you now know of the Oracle's word. I don't know who any of you are or how Orpheus came to meet you. But... You seem certain about this journey. As such, as the loser I have no right to impede you further. But... I'm not going to be callous about it either. I'll lend whatever support I have to offer. I have a little in the way of weapons and funding, and Wilson here is rather knowledgeable when it comes to the realms of the Gods.

If you need a new weapon, come talk to me. If you need advice or want to know just what you are up against, talk it over with Wilson. Once all affairs in order, me and my men will give you a hand with the gate."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

Walking over to Jason, Matthew did his best to keep a calm face.

"If you have any dark tomes, I would like one, please. Especially... There's a tome called Worm. It would be my preferred one."

Matthew takes a Worm tome

After getting a tome from Jason, Matthew walks over to Wilson, clearly looking forward to this conversation more.

"So, you are the resident expert on the Underworld? If there's anything you think important to share, please do. I've made a study of the Underworld myself, but there's only so much one can learn from inside a library or a town. It's why I'm here after all. The chance to experience it in person without actually being dead... I'm still holding out hopes I'll find a way to contact a person who's been dead. But... right, as I said. Any advice would be welcome."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

"I could use a halberd. 'Tis more my style."

Kahn takes an Iron Halberd. then listens to what Wilson has to say to Matthew.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21