Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53842 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**I'm not sure we even need food or water here. I HOPE not. Dying in excruciating pain from lack of water over several days sounds pretty horrible. Especially if we respawn and do it again in a matter of days. I wonder if I can cure hunger or thirst? Sort of absorb your suffering? I really hope it doesn't come to that. Setting up some base of operations is a good idea though. I'm thinking the Cathedral. This room is dusty and unpleasant to be in, the werewolf room is drenched in blood, the BoI room is filthy and I'd rather not go through another sake fiasco.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Key to the unopened door, I mean. The door we came in becomes free as soon as the room is clear.)

"That's a good point, Propman. We've exerted ourselves a bit, and I for one am feeling a bit off. Do these wrist thingies have anything on hunger?"
**I'm not sure we even need food or water here. I HOPE not. Dying in excruciating pain from lack of water over several days sounds pretty horrible. Especially if we respawn and do it again in a matter of days. I wonder if I can cure hunger or thirst? Sort of absorb your suffering? I really hope it doesn't come to that. Setting up some base of operations is a good idea though. I'm thinking the Cathedral. This room is dusty and unpleasant to be in, the werewolf room is drenched in blood, the BoI room is filthy and I'd rather not go through another sake fiasco.**
"Yeah, I'd say the cathedral or the start room. They seem cleanest."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman glanced back at his wrist device and fiddled with it a bit. The object vaguely reminded him of a similar item from a popular post-apocalyptic nuclear war setting he had interest in. Seeing as these things were rather key in a person's record in these parts, he wondered if the object was impervious to damage, and if so, if he couldn't loot the one off of that dead man and fashion it into some sort of shield. When he was right and done, all he had managed to do was get the screen to tint pink, a slightly better contrast to the monochrome letters that appeared upon it than the earlier split-pea green.

"Cathedral is dark and creepy, but the start room had an even more off putting feel to it, you know? A bit like, there's some sort of force there, watching your every movement..."

He backtracked once more, sticking the scepter into the other door, but leaving it unturned. That way, the door was ready for opening at any time.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, I guess. But it also seems furthest from danger, and most central to our exploration." HugoLuman noticed he was starting to sweat, and sat down. "Whew. I don't feel like climbing back up that chain right now."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

A glance at the ceiling showed that there were small, thick clear spaces from which the light was flowing through into the room. They didn't seem to be exactly natural however; More like some sort of UV lamp, yet what was powering them?

The Propman sat down and felt the heat of the sand. In contrast to the suspiciously cool atmosphere of the other rooms, this area was almost too hot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle goes back for some more drinks. In the sake room he stumbles on a fridge stocked up with various Japanese foods. He takes a container of sushi and goes back to the group.
"I'm starting to think that Oni may have been drunk."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Up and down the chain with that?)

"Oh hey, food." Then HugoLuman saw it was Sushi. "Was there anything else back there?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just down.))
Kyle nods.
"Yeah, in the sake room there's a fridge. It's full of Japanese foods. Also, I think I saw some more bottles of sake than when I was there last. It was odd."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, I think I'll go take a look." He didn't know too much about Japanese food, but maybe there was some rice in there. Or beef. Beef was very popular there, wasn't it?

As he reached the balcony again, he stopped. He knew it had been a bit chilly in the cathedral, but he was still sweating. The chain climb still seemed a bit much for now. His wrist device blipped once. "Stage 2 onset imminent." Seeing that, he headed back to the others, trying to remember if he got a tetanus booster at his last physical. "Think we can get sick here, from all this mess we've run into?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman reached out and showed his own device, which beeped and showed the text "Status: Slight Cough".

"I had this bloody cold before I even got here; Your pip's response is reason for caution."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle looks at his.
"Status... Tipsy Pirate. Fair enough."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken saw hers saying Mild Bruising and said, "It gets pretty specific.  I'd be a little concerned that it doesn't specify what it is stage two of, though..."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was indeed a troubling thought. "I suppose we'd better get moving again, then. Perhaps we can find some medical supplies. Or potions. Mirror, then?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman slowly climbed through the chain, careful to keep poise so as to prevent his spear from falling out of the belt. He landed on the upper floor of the room with a loud clomp, and regrabbed his weapon, utilizing it as a walking stick.

"I'll be leading the way. Hopefully the hand took a clue and isn't still lingering in the toilet."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hand? In a toilet?" HugoLuman pulled his way up the chain. Somehow the 8-foot climb felt easier going up. "You mean like in Legend of Zelda?" He leaned back over the club pressed against the doorway and pulled his spear up.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67