Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53873 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

((Chess mate: We're the pieces! Well, not you, but five of us are. ))
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"Gah!" HugoLuman was surprised to see the king suddenly standing diagonally from him. "No thanks." He strode off for the safe space behind the middle pawn.

He does that. The pawn he's behind moves forwards, standing next to its compatriot.
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
♘▒▓▒♞▒♚▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
▓▒▓▒▓▒♟▒
▒▓♗▓▒♟▒♖
♗▒▓▒▓♟▓▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
♖▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle moves to D1

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. That's how a knight moves.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

In an L-shape.

Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. That's how a knight moves.
If it is, then their knight could have killed me after my first move. But maybe their king just prefered to get out of check the way he did? I'll have to look this up. I thought it was only 3 spaces total, like 1 up then 2 to the side.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, not everyone is an awesome chess player. Even if you are one of the pieces.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Alright, I looked it up, the farthest you'd get going that way would be C1. I'm not really an awesome chess player either.)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle sits there.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey, I think Bowtie could take out their knight right now, then we could start eliminating their pawns."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman knelt onto the ground at his lack of inactivity, furrowing his brow at the knight statue in front of him. Darn, Chess was never his foray of expertise, and he was at a loss on whether or not he was vulnerable to counter by that king.

The privateer sighed, trading a glance with the king that showed a mild air frustration and disamusement. He regaled to his sketchbook, figuring that now would be as good a time as ever to record what was happening right now. He reached into the deeper confines of his bag, hoping that he might still have a particular object.

"Hmmm..."

Success! Propman pulled out a small pocket watch crafted of polished steel and glass, a gift to him like so many of his possessions. The intricate device was entirely analog, and required manual winding in order to keep running. The spring that caused the front guard to pop out was slightly bent out of place from years of wear and abuse, forcing him to open it up manually, yet it was otherwise in a serviceable condition.

"5:21 eh?"

Had he glanced at it earlier, the Propman would have had an earlier point of reference, but alas, little need to fret over such a thing at current, what with a duel going on in front of him. He briefly held the small device to his ear, bringing about a soft, rhythmical ticking noise, indicating it was working and he had would it properly before he was knocked out cold, though he gave it a few more turns just to be safe. He wrote into the page of his sketchbook further;

DayEntry  1, 5:00 P.M.?;

Quite the adventure I'm having in this...dungeon. Don't seem to remember a bloody thing on how I got here, but this place is littered with corpses, concrete, and disease. Luckily found by a group of wayward adventurers who claim to be from the Bay 12 forums. "I knew that reading that thread on the community fort was a bad sigh..." But enough of that, currently facing off against a bunch of evil chess pieces, as a bishop! Oh the irony, my mum always wanted me to be a priest. Or a monk. If any of you lads are reading this by the way, know that I somehow figured that you would do so (likely pried out off of my cold, dead satchel while I was sleeping), so you won't be getting any deep or dark secrets out of me, but I will be writing hunches on you, so don't take anything I write too personally! Oh, and if I am down when you read this, have the decency to bury me you sods, and no looting my hat!

Well, that's enough scribbling for this entry, the gaff above it is the chess match that I'm recording.

-Cheers, the Propman

He looked back at the chess board up ahead of him. The king had an air of dread in spite of making no physical motions, as if it realized that there was no way it would be leaving this blasted place alive. Propman hoped that he wasn't bound to the same fate.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:35:15 pm by Propman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(CRAP. I forgot that SB was the other rook, and Propman is the other bishop. In which case...)

"Damn, that's not right, bad with names, sorry. Um... pirate guy! You could take out that knight right now, and then we could start destroying their pawns!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken had rested awhile before she noticed something.  She didn't hear any fighting.  After managing to convince Blitzdungeoneer to back off, allowing her to see the room.  "Holy shit.  They are playing chess."  After watching Hugo move away, she sighs at the move, and then enters the room, not stepping on the board, saying "You realize that if a bishop on white had moved to B7 instead of you moving to H5, you would have been safe and the king would be in check?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:56:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"Aye, if we are to have communication sir, I suggest that you call me something with more of a snap in it, if you know what I mean! Call me uh...call me the Propmaniac, or Propman! Don't ask why, but I have a sudden aversion to using the three-letter acronym I usually reserve for anonymous naming!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gBvbkcwVEo

Propman put away his things back into satchel and struck an offensive stance before kicking up dust and charging at the knight, stopping in front of it abruptly and instinctively twirling his spear two strokes before lunging into the air and jamming it through the target's head, causing it to dissipate in a cloud of smoke as he landed on his feet, nearly thrown off balance with the action. It was then that he noticed Zanzet poking her head into the room.

"Er- eh, kingy-" he faced the king statue and spoke to it in as casual a tone he could muster given the situation "It's swell if we have referees giving us info, no? I'd say that bishop my friend back there slew would have made a decent one, but ya reap what you sow, eh?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:14:45 pm by Propman »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67