Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53916 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"Oh... Aye...uh, wouldn't everybody exploring a dungeon be wearing the proper reprimendations? I mean, the hat, well, the hat has been something I wore since for years mate, but the rest of this stuff is mostly junk I have lying around my house, though thanks for the comment sir, great minds would think alike I say! But, enough about me, what brings a Frenchman like you here? Heck, what brings a Frenchman like you and your posse of pedestrians?"

The whole situation just got stranger, by a whole lot.

"And Bay 12? I'm a Nuzlockian at heart, but sure, I suppose you could say I have a presence there. Say, any of you know a way out of this place, or who dragged me here?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:22:09 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"I'm not French, actually, but I see you're a man who knows his coats. We don't know what's going on here, we just know it's all kinds of fucked up, and we're all Bay12 posters."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman frowned somewhat, the prospect of being rescued suddenly becoming the prospect of venturing with a large group of strangers, though the coated man who seemed to be their leader appeared to be sensible enough.

"Er, in that case, I hope I wouldn't be too much of a burden, but care to accept another among your numbers? I brought water!"

He pointed to his canteen, which was dangling along his side, a smirk laden on his pale, squinting face. He did his best to mask the fact that he was deeply disturbed by the information recently disclosed to himself, as a panicking wreck would likely be the least welcoming to these B-12ers.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:26:40 am by Propman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"I'm a ninja you fruity shite..."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"He's drunk on unknown alcohol from a few rooms back, don't mind him."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"All I have to say to you if you're coming with us is: Don't die." Zanzetkuken says as she walks out into the Cathedral, making haste past BlitzDungeoneer to get away from the buzzing as quick as possible.

(Please, no one explain the meaning behind my statement unless he asks.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti tries unsuccessfully not to stare at the newcomers odd garments.
**uHHHH. Yes. INTRODUCTIONS are probably in order. This is how normal people react to the sudden appearance of other normal people dressed somewhat like a pirate.**

Arcvasti gestures at Zanzetkuken.

**This lovely lady is an assassin. She's sort of tight-lipped. Plus, she's allergic to knives.**

Arcvasti turns to Kyle

**He's a tad tipsy on some sake from a room guarded by an oni. He's a ninja. Sort of.**

And then to HugoLuman
**And I see you've already met HugoLuman.**

And then directly to face the newcomer
**I'm Arcvasti. From Bay12. And also Canadia. I'm a helper!**
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:38:26 am by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

She used to be a man and then died and got better and now she's here.

(Could you splice this out.  I just want to see how awkward of a situation his character would stumble into without this information...)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman grunted.

"Alcohol, you say? I spent the last half-hour in a small cellar of the stuff a few floors back. You wouldn't happen to be the folks who put down that red fellow inside, eh? In case you want to know, there's a door in there, and if you noticed a slight change in the atmospheric scent, it was due to the fact that I uncovered the most revolting example of contemporary toiletry to have ever been witnessed by man, without immediately dying afterwards anyways."

He caught his breath, the amount of words he was churning out did not make a good combination with his coughs. The woman glanced at him and spoke of death.

"Don't worry mam, I've been wandering through the wilderness and chopping down trees for five years now, I'll handle any incidents just dandy!"

In truth, Propman knew that he wasn't nearly as capable as he liked to pretend to be, but they hopefully wouldn't need to know that. Afterward, one of the shirted fellows started speaking, introducing the various members of note in the party as well as himself, a Canadian.

"Heh, Canada, huh? I'm from...well, for now lets say that I'm north west from there, and pleased to meet ya!"

He could probably troll them and convince the group he was from Australia or the UK like he did most people who couldn't discern his accent, but he withdrew from the thought at the moment, trying to process everything the Bay 12ers had just told him.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Give me a moment," HugoLuman said. He walked towards the balcony, feeling his bleeding gum. That punch had knocked out a molar... he was surprised that half of his face wasn't one big bruise at the moment.

Now outside the room, he spoke quietly to Zanzetkuken. "So... about that 'marked one.' I think you dodged the question a minute ago."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

[[Yeah, I've got to sleep now. Bye.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((Oh god, I go to sleep for a while and suddenly, 10 more pages.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Oh god, I go to sleep for a while and suddenly, 10 more pages.))

(Went into a room with a Black Knight, killed him, a new player arrived by following my character's scream at a dislocated shoulder, we got a Statistics Sheet and a Map that has links to when rooms first showed up, and your knife gives my character headaches, to the point of debilitating if it is used to kill.)

Zanzetkuken led Hugo over to the double doors, the furthest point away from the balcony.  She then whispered back, "Can you not tell anyone if I tell you?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:30:01 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((I thought it just made a sudden jolt of pain and the reason she was hurt was because she messed up her arm. Also, may I make perks that further reference ninja related tropes and increase the amount of perks my character can take?))

Kyle heads into the next room.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, but whatever it is you probably should tell the others soon."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67