Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 54006 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(You guys seem to be taking someone you associate with dying before your eyes pretty well)

"Well, I guess his gun isn't going to do him much good now... but this is just so messed up. I guess I could use his shirt for a bandage."

HugoLuman tears a piece off the shirt, made easier by the claw gashes in the fabric, and wraps it around his arm.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((Why would someone think something like what's happened so far is anything that's actually real?))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

((Because they were a sane, rational person?))

"Wait, shouldn't we call the police? Someone's dead."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Vivid sensations, persistence, inability to wake up, and almost getting mauled to death?)

"No one's got a phone. Unless you do. I don't know if we'd get service here, though. My guess is we're either underground or in space."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I do, actually."

He pulls it out of his pocket and, after unlocking the device, attempts to call the police.
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"What should we do with him? We ought to do something."[/color

**I-I-I don't know. It does seem wrong to just leave him there. There's a big rock a few rooms back. I think we should use it as a tombstone or a memorial or something.**

"Wait, shouldn't we call the police? Someone's dead."

**Does anyone here have a phone or computer or something? Besides calling for help, we might be able to hack into whatever this place is with it. Besides, this is at least SORT OF a game. In a game, if you die, reality either resets itself to a prior point[Loading a save game] or you respawn. If its the former, then we've been left behind to die forgotten in a disconnected reality. If its the latter, he'll be back soon. If its neither... I don't want to think about what hapens if its neither.**
[[EDIT:WHY SO MANY NINJAS.]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Unlabeled potions are a lot like a roguelike, so I'm a bit concerned on that front."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(KJ, I've just given it some thought as I was doing some stuff.  You're ability is far too powerful for a level 1 character as it is.  To get it down to being a true level 1 ability, I would recommend this nerf: it lasts 3 seconds and it cannot deal combat damage.  Maybe each level up, one of your options is to have it last another 3 seconds, and after 10 of those, it will change to being able to deal damage, before lengthening the duration.  You don't have to edit previous turns if you use this, just use it from here on out.)

(Anyway, I'm going to use the respawn to show a possibility of far off the original appearance you can go.)

Zanzetkuken comes to conscious with his eyes closed on his back.  He opens his eyes and notices he is in the starting room.  "Oh god, I'm still in...here?" the forumite says as begins to notice the change in voice.  He gets into a sitting position and finally looks...herself over.  "Oh dear god..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:23:52 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I do, actually."

He pulls it out of his pocket and, after unlocking the device, attempts to call the police.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ten seems like a whole lot. Maybe a bit less considering how much that would limit getting other abilities?))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[[How DOES the level up thing work? Or are we w8ing on actually clearing 5 rooms before we start on that stuff? Do newer people[EX: Sentient Bowtie] get the two rooms we cleared towards the 5 they need for a new level? How does respawning fit into that?]]
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

[[How DOES the level up thing work? Or are we w8ing on actually clearing 5 rooms before we start on that stuff? Do newer people[EX: Sentient Bowtie] get the two rooms we cleared towards the 5 they need for a new level? How does respawning fit into that?]]

(Every 5 rooms you participate in clearing causes you to level up.  Those who didn't participate don't get the xp.  On death or late joining, your level is equal to the average of the levels of the active players, to keep things balanced.)

((Ten seems like a whole lot. Maybe a bit less considering how much that would limit getting other abilities?))

(What about five?)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I do, actually."

Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That's twenty five rooms not counting ones I miss or if I die... Sounds good.))

Kyle goes back to the room before the werewolves.
"I'm going to look into the spawn room. See if he's back."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I do, actually."

[[YOU decide what hapens when you do that. If Zanzetkuken doesn't think it meshes with the theme, he'll decide otherwise.]]

((That's twenty five rooms not counting ones I miss or if I die... Sounds good.))

Kyle goes back to the room before the werewolves.
"I'm going to look into the spawn room. See if he's back."

**Me too. I'll being his old weapon and ammo in case he wants it again. Actually, it might be a really good idea to store miscellaneous treasures in the starting room. Its neutral, safe, gives new arrivals better equipment then they would have started with and I'm pretty sure there's some sort of teleportation system there, judging from how Sentient Bowtie got here. Its a perfect location for a stockpile.**
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 67