Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53987 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken finishes loading and fires off a round quickly, but the shot misses the intended target and strikes another wolf that was about to attack Arcvasti.  He moves to dodge out of the way, receiving a shallow slash across the chest, but striking the wolf with the butt of the rifle, its momentum propeling it forwards into the wall to the right of the doorway where it impacts with a crack signaling its neck was broken.  As Zanzetkuken begins to stand, he is stabbed by the claws of the werewolf that was after Arcvasti, but changed targets when it was shot.  The forumite feels slight pain from his chest, but doesn't check the injury as he wacks the wolf with the butt of the rifle and manages to fumble in a shot before the wolf recovers, firing at a range and accuracy that manages to kill it instantly.

Zanzetkuken then notices the wound in his chest, and, before collapsing to the ground says nearly four words, "Son of a bitc-."

(First casualty: me.  Respawn is set to: Permadeath-Respawn (Same as respawn, but your body does not have the same appearance when you respawn.)

Hugo, if you have your character perform a limit break and kill all the wolves with it, due to someone dying, that would be awesome.  No one else do that, though, because Hugo's character is the only one it would fit properly with right now.)

Edit (Oh god damnit-  Ninjas!  Yeah, like hell I'm going to edit that.  Let's say the bullet hit another wolf going after Arc, who didn't manage to make it in time.)
HugoLuman rolls over and wraps his legs around its neck, squeezing until it finally passes out, jaw still clamped on his arm. "FUCK....What's going on? Are they all dead?" After wiping the blood from his eyes, he picks up his axe and chops the beast's neck, severing the spine and causing the jaw to relax.
The werewolf with the broken arm whimpers and tries to run away.  Griffinpup bashes it in the side of the head with his pistol as it passes, and it goes down, presumably dead.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman charges the two near Zanzetkuken's body. Everything seemed strangely serene, the scene around him occuring in slow motion. He felt exactly when to swing, not noticing his limp arm flopping by his side but instead focusing on his axe-arm, bringing the head perfectly into line with the werewolf's neck, striking it down. Then, as quick as it had come, the feeling was over.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:17:21 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman charges the two near Zanzetkuken's body. Everything seemed strangely serene, the scene around him occuring in slow motion. He felt exactly when to swing, not noticing his limp arm flopping by his side but instead focusing on his axe-arm, bringing the head perfectly into line with the werewolf's neck, striking it down. Using his forward momentum, he pulls the axe out and brings it crashing down upon the next one's cranium, splitting the skull. Then, as quick as it had come, the feeling was over.
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

HugoLuman charges the two near Zanzetkuken's body. Everything seemed strangely serene, the scene around him occuring in slow motion. He felt exactly when to swing, not noticing his limp arm flopping by his side but instead focusing on his axe-arm, bringing the head perfectly into line with the werewolf's neck, striking it down. Using his forward momentum, he pulls the axe out and brings it crashing down upon the next one's cranium, splitting the skull. Then, as quick as it had come, the feeling was over.

(I said wait on the IC!)

Zanzetkuken finishes loading and fires off a round quickly, but the shot misses the intended target and strikes another wolf that was about to attack Arcvasti.  He moves to dodge out of the way, receiving a shallow slash across the chest, but striking the wolf with the butt of the rifle, its momentum propeling it forwards into the wall to the right of the doorway where it impacts with a crack signaling its neck was broken.  As Zanzetkuken begins to stand, he is stabbed by the claws of the werewolf that was after Arcvasti, but changed targets when it was shot.  The forumite feels slight pain from his chest, but doesn't check the injury as he wacks the wolf with the butt of the rifle and manages to fumble in a shot before the wolf recovers, firing at a range and accuracy that manages to kill it instantly.

Zanzetkuken then notices the wound in his chest, and, before collapsing to the ground says nearly four words, "Son of a bitc-."

(First casualty: me.  Respawn is set to: Permadeath-Respawn (Same as respawn, but your body does not have the same appearance when you respawn.)

Hugo, if you have your character perform a limit break and kill all the wolves with it, due to someone dying, that would be awesome.  No one else do that, though, because Hugo's character is the only one it would fit properly with right now.)

Edit (Oh god damnit-  Ninjas!  Yeah, like hell I'm going to edit that.  Let's say the bullet hit another wolf going after Arc, who didn't manage to make it in time.)
HugoLuman rolls over and wraps his legs around its neck, squeezing until it finally passes out, jaw still clamped on his arm. "FUCK....What's going on? Are they all dead?" After wiping the blood from his eyes, he picks up his axe and chops the beast's neck, severing the spine and causing the jaw to relax.
The werewolf with the broken arm whimpers and tries to run away.  Griffinpup bashes it in the side of the head with his pistol as it passes, and it goes down, presumably dead.

(Okay, so 1's alive.  Damnit, this is why I want people to slow down.  Hugo could have killed off 3 of them in one epic scene that typically surrounds the revelation of a limit break, but now its nothing special.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Eh, they're all dead now. I did wait until someone quoted, like you said. Edited to have only killed the remaining one.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Eh, they're all dead now. I did wait until someone quoted, like you said. Edited to have only killed the remaining one.)

(Actually, if you have the one that was on you forced back, it could work with two.  You do have Arc helping you in removing it.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Well, they're dead now, so it doesn't matter too much. Let's just learn from our mistakes for the future. Can we post IC now?)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Yes.  Also, I'd have bled out by now, but it's going to be a short time before I can post a sheet again.  In the future, how about we put in a bolded announcement in your post if you've killed one of the targets.  Easier to keep track that way.)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He suddenly appears, thanks to whatever forces brought the rest of them there.
"What the heck? Who are you people, and where the hell are we?"
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**They're all dead. So much blood.**
Arcvasti walks over to Zanzutken and prods him a few times.
**He's dead too. I-I hope that there really is respawning after death.**
Arcvasti looks around the room.
**Whatever's in here better be worth it.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ninja'd
(I don't know about the respawn system, though. The poll has options both for the combat system and the respawn system, and I voted on the combat system. It ought to have been seperate polls.)

HugoLuman bent knelt and felt Zanz wrist "Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. He's dead, man, he's fucking dead!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

He suddenly appears, thanks to whatever forces brought the rest of them there.
"What the heck? Who are you people, and where the hell are we?"

(Oh, yeah, go to the center Dias of the room.  This will happen.  Then you can select your class (see links in the OP).  You can then use a teleporter or walk through two rooms to get to the rest of the group and interact with them.  Currently, it is only you and BlitzDungeoneer in the room you are in.)

(I don't know about the respawn system, though. The poll has options both for the combat system and the respawn system, and I voted on the combat system. It ought to have been seperate polls.)

(That's why there were two votes.  You were supposed to vote once per number.

Anyway, it is permadeath respawn as the respawn, due to it having been in the lead by 3 votes at the time of death.  As I said earlier, combat's going to be perpetual, since whatever is in the lead is what is going to be used.)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((The respawn is perma respawn right now.))
Kyle investigates the room more closely. He notices something in the corner away from the door they came in. He walks over to it before picking it up. It's a Shitty O-shit Katana! Kyle hefts the giant blade to rest on his shoulder before calling out.
"Hey! There is treasure here!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Do we really need to change appearance each time we spawn? Seems like it would be a lot simpler and less confusing to just carry on with our original appearance. Or does that just mean lack of wounds/items?)

HugoLuman winces as he stands up. It hurt less than it ought to, but it still hurt a lot. "Guess it wasn't a complete waste... but we lost a guy for this. See any axes over there? Or a spear?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blah blah dias thingy.
   Recommended Class: Rifle(wo)man
"Uh, okaaay?"
He selects it.
   Class Ability: Relaxed Shot
          -You relax and exhale before firing. +1 to the shot's Accuracy.

"This is really weird. What do those panel things" teleporters "do?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 67