Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53862 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle peeks in through the door's key hole.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Bear in mind you should think of what you'd actually do in this situation, not what you'd do in a minimalist game.)

"Woah, woah, woah! What the FUCK are you doing with Cado? I thought a Bay12er would be better than tossing someone else into danger as a first instinct!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Can we just... wait a second!? Seriously, where the heck are we!?!?!" Cado is looking around in utter confusion.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not tossing him in yet. He's not a tank.... Who here has a tanky sounding class?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Can't we just... you know, wait! Maybe see if theres anything besides the weird dias thing of... class change... things... and the door..."
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle looks around before seeing a giant flashing sign that says 'free introduction books'.
"How about those?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"..." Cado picks one up to read.
[/quote]

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

"My mortal enemy, we meet again..."

He picks up a book and starts reading.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Ninja'd, realize this may not be tone appropriate now but don't want to waste a good rant.)

HugoLuman glares at kj "Are you serious!? Listen to me. None of us have any idea where the hell we are, or what kind of shit we're in for. There's something clearly abnormal going on, and we might get KILLED. Let me tell you something. I was once in a school lockdown, someone called the office threatening a shootout. We were all hiding in the corner of the class, fire extingusiher at the ready, waiting for the police, or for something worse to come in. Now, here we are trying to stay completely silent, but this one asshole just would SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. So I shut him up. Now, it all turned out to be a prank, but we had no way to know at the time, and he sure as hell didn't. So, why don't you just take this seriously for a moment?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"I'm not tossing him in yet. He's not a tank.... Who here has a tanky sounding class?"

"I'm a sniper."  Zanzetkuken says as he folds down the barrel and loads in a lead pellet, but not folding the barrel back into position.  "With it like this, I can just snap the barrel and fire.  Far better when pressed for time," the forumite explains.

Kyle looks around before seeing a giant flashing sign that says 'free introduction books'.
"How about those?"

"Oddly convenient..." Zanzetkuken says, flipping through it.  "Let me see...how to use the datapad...class selection...abilities...leveling up...and thats it."

(I want the poll to run longer before combat and respawn are decided, so I just put in the very basic.)

(Ninja'd, realize this may not be tone appropriate now but don't want to waste a good rant.)

HugoLuman glares at kj "Are you serious!? Listen to me. None of us have any idea where the hell we are, or what kind of shit we're in for. There's something clearly abnormal going on, and we might get KILLED. Let me tell you something. I was once in a school lockdown, someone called the office threatening a shootout. We were all hiding in the corner of the class, fire extingusiher at the ready, waiting for the police, or for something worse to come in. Now, here we are trying to stay completely silent, but this one asshole just would SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. So I shut him up. Now, it all turned out to be a prank, but we had no way to know at the time, and he sure as hell didn't. So, why don't you just take this seriously for a moment?"

"Damn.  That's something else.  Closest I had to that were one lockdown for an armed robber in the area, and two for a drug bust.  Neither wound up being as severe as that, though."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:47:12 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle shrugs.
"What about this even follows normal reality? Why should I assume this isn't some weird fever dream I'm having? Besides the fact I can't remember having a fever recently. Whatever. I got things to do like getting out of here. If I scream and something dead sounding hits the floor don't follow us."
Kyle says before going into the next room via the door.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Because we obviously feel pain here you idiot!" Cado takes one of his arrows and pokes his finger tip, wincing.
[/quote]

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

"My friend, burden of proof. You, making the claim, are responsible for proving this world is fake, not the world proving it is real."

"Abilities, why not?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(ninjas, again.)

"Wait! That's the thing! You DON'T know what's going on here! You can't assume that any more than you can assume normal reality! Have you ever experienced an actual fever dream?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Kyle says before going into the next room via the door.

"Woah, wait-", Zanzetkuken begins to say before he notices a shield within the doorframe.  "Oh, this room's safe..."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67