Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53865 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What? I'm confused still. Also, brb 1 hour))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

((What? I'm confused still. Also, brb 1 hour))
[[OOC:
]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"AAAAAW SHIT!" The machine releases the wincing HugoLuman. "Well, that was painful. Let's see... Ranger? Well, that's a bit generic. That could be anything from shooty elf guy to cowboy. Special ability says 'Danger Sense.' What do you guys think?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

((I'm confused. Can our characters choose their own classes, or does the dais choose it for them?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((They can. It's mostly just a thing about what you'd think they would be with their weapon.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((I'm confused. Can our characters choose their own classes, or does the dais choose it for them?))

(The Dais (now, originally didn't exist, but oh well, new room feature) dispenses a data pad when you stand on the central, circular platform between the semicircular one everyone wakes up on, and the one with the door out (bridges connecting them to the two over 1ft deep water 1ft below the level of the platforms), that goes on your non dominant hand's forearm.  It sends a jolt through you that assesses you and your memories, and gives two options: a recommended class based on the weapon you currently have (knowledge of which was gained from your memory), or you can go through a search function to find the class you want that works through either text input or categories that become more and more specific based on your choices at previous levels.  That device is going to remain there, reporting specific location of injuries, abilities of your class, etc. for the rest of the game.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So the other option, would we answer questions and you, the GM, give us a class)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((So the other option, would we answer questions and you, the GM, give us a class)

(No, it's more along the lines of an ever branching tree you would go through, starting with Ranged/Melee, then progressing to the Range/Reach classification of the weapon, and further on.  Though it's for fluff only.  Class you have your character be could range from something frequently used (ex. my sniper class) or something barely seen, if at all (ex. whatever you would call someone who would summon creatures/use spells based off of a deck of cards).  Then you would start with one ability (in the case of the Sniper, the passive Improved Accuracy, or in the case of the Card Summoner, the active Level 1 Cards, which would allow use of (in the case of an MTG) summoning of a 1 mana creature or use a 1 mana spell.  Each Level you increase you would choose between 1 active and 1 passive ability to add to the list of abilities you have.  Just to clarify: Passive means it is always there and you don't have to do anything to activate it, and Active means it is not always there, and you have to activate it to do its effect.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, danger sense sounds good, so I'll go with this."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cado ends up choosing a sniper/stealth hybrid, falling off the dias in shock. He now has a forest camo jacket on over his T-shirt, and his bow turned into a 70 draw weight compound bow!

"What... the... heck...?"
Cado is really really confused.
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle and the clone drag Cado to the door and begin getting ready to shove him in.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Kyle leave me alone! GEEZ!" Cado tries to stand on his own two feet in annoyance.
[/quote]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Cado ends up choosing a sniper/stealth hybrid, falling off the dias in shock. He now has a forest camo jacket on over his T-shirt, and his bow turned into a 70 draw weight compound bow!

"What... the... heck...?"
Cado is really really confused.

(Okay, there's no change in clothing and you don't get a brand new weapon.  You're just assigning a classification of abilities you're gaining, nothing more.)

Kyle and the clone drag Cado to the door and begin getting ready to shove him in.

"Cut it out you-...two...hold off the player throwing until everyone has a class."

"Well, danger sense sounds good, so I'll go with this."

"So what's the name of what you chose?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:33:06 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh... then I still have my normal stuff))
[/quote]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Oh... then I still have my normal stuff))

(Yep.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67