Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53805 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Day Entry 2, 5:28 P.M.?

Bah, attempting to count this journey in days is a pretty worthless effort if I say so myself. But anyways, second entry, and by the hells has this day been surprising. It started when I led the group I found through the dessicated bathroom and into a diner containing that Hungry Pumpkin bloke, you know, from the educational game. We managed to feed that fat sack polygons and get him to leave, leaving us with a viable source of food (oh, and the faceless ninja who constantly kept drunk also found some sushi as well, props to him), but also with one less stable leader. Hugo was apparently bit by werewolves back at the room where the group was ambushed by them, and seems to have become a lycan in the process. I've fled from the scene, and am once again alone as I leave the party to react to the situation themselves. By Christ, if they don't want to shank me when I meet up with them, if I meet up with them, I'd be thankful, but for now I might have shot myself in the foot.

Oh, if any of you blokes from back there are reading this and have pried it from my slimy, traitorous fingers, know that I sincerely apologize for my course of action. Evidently, if you were the one that murdered me, I stand by my opinion that you in fact overreacted to the situation.

-Propman

He had finished scribbling another entry into the sketchbook. He sighed, the draft within the room being the only audible noise. The atmosphere of this room, though dark, was the most familiar to him going by background, and he felt at ease, even knowing that he was probably surrounded by danger. Propman wondered if this ordeal was engineered in order to force him to become a more pious man, and quickly shook his head at the thought.

"... ... ..."

The young man attempted to say something witty and ironic pertaining to his situation, but could muster nothing out of his mouth.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:12:33 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB opens the fridge for him.
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**So now we hass a wolf. Lets not let that get in the way of anything. Once we're done with the fridge and such, we should explore more. Now that most of us are level 2, maybe we could go through the double doors in the Cathedral?**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

He nodded again, in thanks. The contents of the fridge smelled fairly palatable, but then he realized he had no idea what was in any of it. Was it safe for him to eat? Better wait on that, again, he thought. Turning towards Arc, he nodded. Man, communicating is going to be a pain. I hope this doesn't last too long.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh cool, spring rolls!"

SB takes out several familiar packages (to him, at least).

"I've seen these at the store, but they had labels at the store. They have, uh.. crab, rice, and vegetables, I think."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((Are allowed to make noncombat rooms that give XP?))

Kyle walks in looks not very drunk anymore. He also has ditched the helmet.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

[[As long as there's SOME challenge, I think so. The chess room, for example.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That chess room was technically non-combat, right?)) Ninja'd

Vegetables... he couldn't think of any of those that were on the bad list, but then again all he could think of at the moment were raisins, chocolate, and onions, so he didn't trust his memory. Better not, he though. He shook his head.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Clearing a room gives XP, whether through combat or problem solving.  Though you have to beneficially contribute to the clearing to get the XP.  It's .5 for any room you are in, but don't beneficially contribute towards.)

**Now that most of us are level 2, maybe we could go through the double doors in the Cathedral?**

(That's a room I want to set up personally.  Character specific plot (Mine) heads that way.

Looks like I'm not going to be able to play the game I rented tonight.  Wasn't able to last night and I have to return it tomorrow...  :-\)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:50:26 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, okay.
I think there's some plain sushi in here, too - just fish and rice. Wrapped in seaweed, though."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle gets some soup from the fridge. He looks at Hugo with a look of dull surprise.
"I thought I was the hairiest one in the group."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He'd known people to give it to dogs before, so he figured he'd try. He stuck his snout into the fridge and snapped a couple of pieces, feeling embarrassed about eating that way, but relieved to eat something. He still didn't like it much, but it went down much better than before.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You can use your hands, right? For eating at least?"
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Day Entry 2, 7:30 P.M.?

(...I don't think it's been 2 hours in universe from when you last wrote.  Hell, the whole journey from when this started has probably been about 2 and a half to 3 hours at most, with your character having shown up around 1/2 hour ago, my character probably dying around 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes ago.  (Using a benchmark of 15 minutes per room, 7 intervals, as Gas Station Bathroom and Black Knight having happened concurrently, as well as Cathedral and Oni happening concurrently.))
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He reaches in. It's difficult, due to the stiffness of his fingers, but he pulls out another piece and bring it to his mouth. Then he closes the fridge.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67