Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53783 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"Come to think of it, the hand was awfully similar. Asking for paper, grabbing with those filthy, filthy digits. Makes you wonder the nature of this place; Maybe whoever designed this dungeon plays vidya games?"

╔═══════════════════════════╗
║ You feel a strong breeze. ║
╚═══════════════════════════╝

Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle says nothing. He just drinks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Wouldn't surprise me. It could be that it's based on our experiences somehow, though there's not enough to go on yet." They turned the corner and entered the Oni room, where HugoLuman stopped to check the fridge. Most of the stuff he either didn't recognize or was in containers with presumably Japanese labels. "I guess It'll have to wait," he said to himself. As he stood up, the smell from the bathroom ahead hit him. "Phew! It's like a campsite latrine!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle looks around for an airfreshener.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The smell brought other unpleasant thoughts to HugoLuman's mind. If it turned out they had to eat, did they have to go as well? He didn't like the prospects of finding a working, non-horrible toilet in an RPG dungeon, but then again he wouldn't have expected any restrooms or refrigerators in the first place...

"So, the mirror's in there?" he asked, holding his nose.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"There was a Floormaster in the toilet?"
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti follows the rest of them.

**This seems mildly fortuitous. And also ominous. The fact there is food and drink a and [sort of] a restroom in here seems to imply we'll need them.**

Zanzetkuken saw hers saying Mild Bruising and said, "It gets pretty specific.  I'd be a little concerned that it doesn't specify what it is stage two of, though..."

**Hey, HugoLuman, didn't you get bitten by a werewolf earlier? Werewolf Curse aside, there's probably TONS of bacteria and such in a werewolf's mouth. I'm not sure if healing you would really help, seeing as it'd just affect me instead, or even if I CAN heal internal health problems like that.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"Urg...Prepare yourselves, lads. "

Propman shielded his nose and mouth with the collar of his greatcoat once more, as though mildly diluted with the passing of time, the room was as foul smelling as ever.

The pirate prodded the grime encrusted walls until he scratched a clear, glassy object, revealing a single glimmer from the otherwise completely saturated mirror pane. There was a rusted out knob to the side of it, which he gingerly opened using the end of his weapon, careful not to pry it off by accident. A small square of light was revealed, a bit on the small side, yet more then adequate for a person to crawl through if needed. Though he could not discern what was on the other side from inside the restroom, Propman stuck his head through in order to see what was beyond. It was small dark and...The inside of a cabinet? He pushed open the end of the small space, and slowly crawled through.

Quote from: Dangerous Diner
The room appeared to be some sort of small diner, and the scent of the restroom almost miraculously dissipated at the scent of food frying upon a greasy grill. A set of food was neatly lined upon the counter, including a hamburger, a hotdog, a sandwich, and a whole slew of food one would associate with such an area, as well as objects one wouldn't such as noodles and fish. Standing on the white linoleum floor, the front of the room was a large glass pane, peeking out into what appeared lush green plain next to a road with...cars. A closer glance revealed that it was merely some sort of facade, as the scene had no dimension, as if he was staring at a TV screen. Nevertheless, a door seemed to be present, most likely leading onto the next room.

"Crikey, look at this!"

Though Propman wasn't terribly hungry, the food smelled too good to pass up, and he attempted to grab an object at random, immediately flinching and wincing as he dropped the resulting item back on the counter almost as quickly as he originally grasped onto it, lightly cutting his fingers on the rough, polygonal representation of a hotdog that was placed on the front. Looking at the room again, the whole area appeared as an unnatural early attempt at some computer animator's diorama, the objects being unnaturally sharp and shaded, as if they were made from a kind of hard light. A distant orange figure was showing up from behind the windows.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Did you seriously just cut yourself on a hot dog."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman didn't hear Arc as he crawled into the cabinet after Propman. "Oh good. Comfort food. I was really starting to feel like shit." He reaches for a nearby plate of hashbrowns.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You shouldn't touch that."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle goes through. And then he tries entering the kitchen.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti hesitantly crawls through with them.

**What.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking again, HugoLuman sees the plate isn't actually round, but more like a decagon, and the hashbrowns seemed to be a texture overlaid on the surface. "What the fuck..."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"This food seems...Jinxed somehow, like there's a glass cage one it, a razor sharp one at that!"

The orange figure had made it into the front door, opening it up and then closing it. It slowly inched towards the counter that the party was standing near, a sound reminiscent of a synthesizer beat being bade with the creature's every step. A close look at its face revealed an orange, vaguely pumpkin like appearance, with two blue, pants-like legs and shirt-like arms ending in gangly orange appendages. Its mouth was large and gaping, and its unblinking almond eyes stared outward, a size too large even for the being's bloated body.

"I am very hungry. "

The pumpkin-man greedily eyed the various foods placed within the room, fidgeting its blocky fingers as it sat upon one of the nearby stools and started to demand food.

"Give me the sandwich."

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67