Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53843 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

It was then that he noticed Zanzet stepping into the field.

(I'm just off the field.  I'm in the room, but not standing on the field.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Hey, I panicked! And I haven't really played this game in years..."

Propman ran over and wiped out the knight, quite dramatically. "Right! Now we've gotten all the very dangerous ones!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Propman kills the knight
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
♘▒▓▒♗▒♚▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
▓▒▓▒▓▒♟▒
▒▓♗▓▒♟▒♖
▓▒▓▒▓♟▓▒
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
♖▒▓▒▓▒▓▒

▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒

▓▒▓▒▓▒  ▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒       ▒▒▓▒▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓  ▒▓▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

As the knight dies, the chamber seems to warp, coruscating in directions that seem somewhat contradictory. Eventually the chamber settles back down. The king drops his scepter in a pretty obvious display of surrender. As it hits the floor, the remaining pieces, including the king himself, dissolve into more sand.

Arcvasti's little wrist thing buzzes: 5/5 chambers completed. Initiating level-up protocols.

[[So that's that. How does the level-up system work, Zanz? Since its time.]]

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[[IIRC, you get to choose 1 more ability relevant to your class, either an active or a passive one.]]

"Alright Propman! Yeah!"
HugoLuman's wrist device buzzes as well. "Oh, right, level up!"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman felt a bit bittersweet with the ordeal, and not just because the dust thrown up was causing him to caugh. That king fellow seemed like a reasonable enough man, an perhaps if they had just talked things through...Eh, he was likely just a magic construct or something, no need to cry over spilled milk.

"*Cough* Eh, thanks I guess- *cough*, er- Hugo, was it? You're that fellow who does the kobold story!"

He brushed the dust off of his coat and reached to adjust his hat.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle looks at his abilities.

"Let's see... Pirate, and Ninja Star. Hm..."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, yeah! I didn't think anyone would remember..." He walked over to pick up his spear. "You know, I don't think spears get enough respect. But if a 3-foot guy can make do with one, I say we have a good chance, eh?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**oOOOOH, level up.**

Upon inspection, Arcvasti has the choice between Heal and Increased Pain Threshold. That second one worried him a bit. He already has an abnormally high pain threshold since entering that game, enough to ignore his various chest wounds most of the time. Why would his class require something higher then that? Arcvasti decides to stick with what he knows and chooses Heal.

He also takes the time to look at his abilities in more depth:

Aid can only be used once an encounter, but costs nothing. Simple enough.

Heal is more puzzling. It costs nothing and has no limitations other then the fact it can't be used on its caster. That seems vaguely ominous... An ability that unconstrained must have some other balancing feature that he just isn't seeing.

**Does anyone have any minor wounds? I can heal things now. I'd heal Zanzetkuken's broken arm, but I'd best start with something easier first.**

"Oh, yeah! I didn't think anyone would remember..." He walked over to pick up his spear. "You know, I don't think spears get enough respect. But if a 3-foot guy can make do with one, I say we have a good chance, eh?"

Arcvasti chuckles.

**As long as we all channel our inner Deebus, we won't have any problems here.**

[[EDIT: Does anyone know if our current abilities grow stronger when we level up, even if we get a new ability instead?]]
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman checks his thing. "Aw, damnit. I've got 'Animal Empathy' and 'Herbalism.' "
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:14:18 pm by HugoLuman »

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman points to his hat, and adjusts it so that the tip of the corner moves to maximum height.

"I'm five feet, thank you very much. And as for this thing, it's just something I cobbled up out of...Well, to tell you the truth, not for much terribly good reason. I live by the woods, and have to trek through wilderness trails constantly, so I thought that having something to carry would make me less liable to be mauled by a moose, though really it was made to practice my skills building things. I'm a bit of a carpenter, wood carver in my off time, though I wouldn't say I could carve a wooden chain, not a good one anyways."

He inspected the tip of the spear. It hadn't bent out of place, which was a good sign that perhaps he finally fashioned the thing properly for once.

"Hmmm, these objects on our arms have me both curious and worried. Curious as to how the level system works, worried that we'll run into level twenty rats that can arbitrarily tear a man limb from limb with the swipe of a tiny paw."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:15:29 pm by Propman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I maintain that the spear is mankind's earliest weapon for a reason: it's damn good. And things haven't seemed too arbitrary so far."

**Does anyone have any minor wounds? I can heal things now. I'd heal Zanzetkuken's broken arm, but I'd best start with something easier first.**
"I'm pretty scratched up, and that Black Knight knocked out a tooth, but I think I'm good. Wait! Actually, I got a nasty one on my arm." He takes off the bandage, but is surprised to see the bite seems to have already healed, leaving a cluster of white scars.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:33:16 pm by HugoLuman »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

[/color]

"My arm wasn't broken, it was dislocated.  Since it's back in place, only injuries I have is the slightly broken skin on my left shoulder and the slash on my thigh"

[[EDIT: Does anyone know if our current abilities grow stronger when we level up, even if we get a new ability instead?]]

(You need to choose a passive ability that gives a boost to the ability to make them stronger.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Here be the Map (click to show/hide)

Propman took his sketchbook back out and started to draw out the layout of the dungeons, showing his drawing to the party at large.

"Pardon me sirs, but care to go on a bit of an adventure? I've been looking through these halls a bit and can tell you that there's been one heck of a scene going on. Found a cadaver dressed up like those T-shirt fellows in the back...sorry for your loss, if he was one of yours in any case. I'd say that this room would be a good place to bury him with all the loose sand, and possibly the red guy if you don't want rot to make this dungeon even fouler. But keeping that for later, there's this mirror door that I've found that might lead to somewhere...Interesting. I heard the sound of cooking there, and I don't know about you, but if we're staying here for a few days, while fighting on top of that, a bite or two of sustainment might help a bit in keeping us on our toes."

Wordy. Propman didn't know if it was the current circumstances he was in that made him so talkative, but he was spouting up dialog-sized speakings on the top of his head with minimal stuttering.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"My arm wasn't broken, it was dislocated.  Since it's back in place, only injuries I have is the slightly broken skin on my left shoulder and the slash on my thigh"

**I'll just try and heal the slash then. I want to try out the new ability on something simple.**

Arcvasti concentrates for a moment. The slash shimmers and fades from her thigh..

**OW!**
Swearing, Arcvasti pushes up his pant leg to reveal the exact same scar.

**That makes sense, I suppose. I knew there was SOMETHING up with the lack of costs. Heal is sort of an inaccurate name for it. Its more wound transference. I'm pretty sure if I tried to use that one a serious enough wound, I'd die. On the other hand, better me then someone with a gun or a sharp thing.**

(You need to choose a passive ability that gives a boost to the ability to make them stronger.)

[[OK, makes sense.]]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:55:34 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Here be the Map (click to show/hide)

(Ironically, I just modified the OP to include the Google Drawings map...)

Swearing, Arcvasti pushes up his pant leg to reveal the exact same scar.

"Sorry..." Zanzetkuken says, a bit guiltily.

"Found a cadaver dressed up like those T-shirt fellows in the back...sorry for your loss, if he was one of yours in any case. I'd say that this room would be a good place to bury him with all the loose sand, and possibly the red guy if you don't want rot to make this dungeon even fouler."

Zanzetkuken bites her lip, unconsciously nervous, at the mentioning of her former body.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:57:05 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67