Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17092 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2014, 01:49:59 am »

((I wish I knew my back story better than this. I mean since this seems like a major event from my past, do you think I could get a rundown of what happened to this man exactly?))
Well think about it this way: if your character doesn't know this guy, then obviously he's mistaken you for someone else and he's being rash.

EDIT: Alternatively, maybe you suddenly remember the circumstances surrounding the incident, and you really were involved. You can decide.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2014, 01:52:51 am »

((Does that mean action remember? Or that I should write that I should remember?))
Edit: ((That second part didn't make any sense, what I meant was do you want me to figure out the story by myself?))

Edit: ((Nevermind dumb question, if I wanted to say I something while holstering my gun, should I edit my last post or make a new one?))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:31:36 am by ttlovepie »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2014, 03:27:40 am »

You can edit the action and post to let me know when it's done.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 10:08:59 am »

"Well, my family was a crime syndicate. A pretty infamous one. Only the main branch of the family was allowed to deal with the real hard shit. I was just about to deliver this stuff to some brat merchant kid when the massacre happened. Mama said this was a really big job. But I was so shaken up from the attack, I forgot about the drop. I don't personally indulge, but I figured I needed some hard assets for a rainy day. Personally, I just want to be rid of the stuff. These gloves seem like they're gonna get me into plenty of trouble by themselves, and you seem like honest guys for a group of thugs, no offense. No one in this room is exactly a model citizen, after all."
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2014, 10:35:28 am »

No one in this room is exactly a model citizen, after all.
Ah shit, I super fucked up. I didn't mention this at all: you're outside, in the middle of nowhere, after dark. There's a couple tents that your captors struck and a small hover transport parked on the sand, and there's a fire casting light on the scene. The moon is out, and the reflection of the ocean is visible a couple hundred miles away.

Apologies. :v

Moving on:
"Well, my family was a crime syndicate. A pretty infamous one. Only the main branch of the family was allowed to deal with the real hard shit. I was just about to deliver this stuff to some brat merchant kid when the massacre happened. Mama said this was a really big job. But I was so shaken up from the attack, I forgot about the drop. I don't personally indulge, but I figured I needed some hard assets for a rainy day. Personally, I just want to be rid of the stuff. These gloves seem like they're gonna get me into plenty of trouble by themselves, and you seem like honest guys for a group of thugs, no offense."
The tough-looking man speaks up again. That's a hell of a story. Well you can't all be dead, because the man who sent us wore that same symbol. He grimaces thoughtfully. He didn't tell us much about himself, but I overheard some of his cronies talking. They said his name was Lugh Sonken.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:34:51 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:05 am »

"I think this fellow is pulling your leg, I'm Lugh Sonken. And you might be pulling mine. You're buddy that just got his gut punched out, just mentioned I'm a Sonken and that I'm the last of my line. As far as I know, I am the last Sonken, but I sure as hell didn't put a hit out on myself. Also, is this man working with Dio?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2014, 11:45:51 am »

He shakes his head. No, you misundertand. He called himself Dio, and those closest to him used that name, during our meetings. After the last one, on our way out, I looked around. I heard it clearly, the hired men in his building called him 'Lugh', and he had the same symbol on your cestus on the mask he always wore. All we were given was the family name, and that we would know you by the symbol. He also gave a detailed description of your face. We caught you in your place and brought you here, and he sent the giant to kill you. He was always there when we spoke with him, one of his personal guard. They're all strange like that..

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »

((Probably slightly unnecessary, but just in case, I finished the post.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2014, 05:24:40 pm »

EDIT: ^^Yes I've seen it.

Is Lugh pronounced 'Lou' or 'Luff'?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:30:49 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2014, 08:06:17 pm »

((Lou))
"Well then it seems, I have some business with this unknown "Sonken"."
Hop in the transport
"Just tell me where "Lugh" is hiding and we can head back to town and forget this ever happened"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2014, 08:20:54 am »

Turns soon. In the meantime, some things:

Valican, could you describe your family's fate for me? I'd like to get an idea of what happened to them and how you were involved.

RAM, so far I took it upon myself to characterise the cavaliers. They're very laid back, but they can afford to because they're so highly skilled. They don't fool around when it comes to a fight, and they respect you above all else. Is that okay with you? You can make any changes you like, and at any time you want to describe the Grey Earl or yourself or the Cavs some more, feel free. That goes for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:27:52 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »

Yeah, I am getting a strong Badass army vibe from them, which is acceptable.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »

Basically, the Sonkens were this huge crime gang related by blood. Drugs, extortion, etc. They had a fairly large finger in every pie, which didn't please alot of people. Deals were made, and quite a few "volunteers" paid a visit to the family's frequent haunts, there was quite a bit of bloody fighting. Lugh was out of town when that all went down, so he came back to a gore slick home. At that point he went into hiding. Every other living Sonken is dead. Hiding went well, since it seems only the most bitter(i.e people with a personal vendetta against the family) seemed to still be interested in hunting him down. Thankfully,they're small in number.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2014, 10:06:34 am »

Lugh Sonken
You check out the transport. Describe your new vehicle.

Eric Mortlock
The moment your gun touches the holster, the stranger pulls. His handgun whips upward quicker than your eye can see, and faster than you could ever move. He fires before you can finish reacting. The slug hits you in the shoulder and you go down hard. You're in pain, but guessing what he's about to do next you lie unmoving for a moment. He takes a tentative step forward and involuntarily starts to lower his weapon. You jolt upright and fire twice without thinking. The stranger staggers backwards from the shots, then stands there, frozen in place. He looks downward and fingers the massive hole in his chest. He groans and his gun slips from his hand before he crumples to the ground.

You sit upright and touch your shoulder. The round punched a clean hole in your body armor, and you. It's a bad wound, and you're bleeding pretty heavily. You stand up shakily and stagger over to the stranger's body. You've been shot before, and this tends to be the usual feeling. You try to bend down and end up falling over again near the man. You reach for the stranger's handgun where it fell. Sure enough, it's loaded with high-velocity jacketed rounds. You hear a thin wheezing and you quickly reload the weapon and spin in the direction of the sound. You crawl using one hand over to the stranger's prone body. Your rounds were placed centimeters apart, ripping apart the entire right side of his chest, and you could stick your forearm partway into the cavity without getting a drop of blood on you. You lower the gun. His eyes find yours as you stare at his wound. You're surprised to see tears welling up in his eyes. He groans and you can see him struggling feebly to raise his arm.

Cavendish "Boss the Cavalier" Wales
Already on it, boss! Should have a visual in a couple minutes!

Some minutes later. Got him. The lead engineer pushes his cap further back on his head and presses his face to a scope. It's an aeroplane alright. Three engines, like I said. Very small, a single-seater.. It's a Sieg strafer, but not like one we've ever seen in the Norzlands. You wouldn't believe the armor this thing has. It's got enough gravity bombs to put a serious dent in the Earl. No other weapons that I can see other than a lot of clustered dischargers, probably for close-range AP on a flyover. He leans back in his chair and turns to you. We'll be fine as long as it doesn't get close. The ADLs will take care of him. He pulls his hat back down and goes back to checking sensor readings.

You've been keeping tight reins on the fire so far, worried about it catching on the bridge. You sit there holding it in your hand, unburned. Bravely, you try rubbing some on your face and hair. Now your head's on fire, but somehow it hurts even less. You think about it for a minute and, finally, ignoring the risk, you relax your mind and release your control on the fire. Free, it jumps from your hands, exploding outwards and washing over your entire body. You shout and thrash for a minute, terrified, until you realise that now it doesn't hurt a bit. You laugh nervously, looking at yourself. Heh, so.. You don't burn me...and I let you out to play once in a while.. Deal? The bridge crew watches in awe as thin lines of flame, unharming, dance across your body in graceful patterns. One crewman takes a step toward you, slightly concerned. You okay, boss..? You reply without thinking. I think it's.. Happy..

You made the power your own! The World Pyro!

Kyle Johnson
Your canine features pull into something resembling a wry smile. You remove one of your gloves and your hand sparks brightly as before. Expecting it this time, you press the hand close to your body to hide the light. You stare at your hand and concentrate. Normally during the day or when you get excited your skin glows orange in some places (in your anterior region, on your belly and the insides of your legs, and the prominent veins on your powerful limbs and neck when you use your strength) because of the superhot lava that flows through your veins, but during moments like these when you need to hide, your body has always subdued your luminance. You try to take that idea and apply it to this strange new power of yours. It dims and slowly goes out. You hold it up, examining it and, satisfied, use your short claws to slash roughly at the tent fabric, creating a largish tear. You stick your head inside the tent.

The interior is black, but unlike humans you have less of a problem seeing at night. Your night vision still isn't as good as an actual dog's, however. The tent is very spacious, about 140 square feet/13 square meters. There are 20 elevated cots spaced evenly that take up all of the space inside, and from here they all look occupied. Luckily no one woke up when you tore open the tent. There are three other tents just like this, so that means there's a max of 80 Siegs encamped here.

Health - Hooman
Alright!

Stuff - Ratty Emblematic Leather Jacket, Old Jeans, Grimy Shades, Family Cestus
Reddish Spice [valuable hallucinogenic powder; handful]

Martial Pyros
Flaming Fists

---

Health - Sub Elf
Shot!

Stuff - Kevlar Body Armor
Big Revolve Stubber [3/5 Big Slugs]
Bolero Custom [9/10 HVAP]
Big Slugs [5x]
Repeater Slugs [20x]

Power
? ? ?

---

Health - Hooman
A-Okay!
Reinforced Skeleton
No Wrinkles!
Cavalier Boss

Stuff - Cavalier Bossman Long Coat, Cavalier Bossman Kepi
Cavalier Bossman Proton Cutlass

The Grey Earl - Range:Infinite  Load:Massive
[5x] 200MJ A/G Automated Defence Lasers
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ The Backdown Proto Destructor Beam
Dated Laser Rifle [∞]
Dated Laser Pistol [∞]
Carboxyde Cartridges [∞]
Scrap Alloy [∞]

Buddies
1000 Cavalier Cav Desert Militants [battle tested]

World Pyros
Unharming Flame

---

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson - kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Health - Bastard Hellhound
Made of Lava!

Stuff - Heatproof Combat Webbing, Heatproof Gloves
GLINT Spot/Motion Binoculars
Precision Shoulder Laser [1000/1000]
Carboxyde Superheavy Cartridges [1x]
Hi-Ex Self-Propelled Disc [5x; thrown]

Power
Hot Touch

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Kablamzos!
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2014, 12:43:40 pm »

With a quiet growling chuckle Kyle plants a disk in the center not activating it just yet and instead scouting the rest of the camp. If it automatically explodes he doesn't do that and scouts the camp, hopefully finding the commanders tent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16