Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17111 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2014, 01:16:16 am »

MJ stands for megajoules BTW.
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ
Ummm, does it matter? I am looking at all those zeroes and thinking that maybe the difference that a few more would make won't come up until we meet Godzilla...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:58 am »

MJ stands for megajoules BTW.
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ
Ummm, does it matter? I am looking at all those zeroes and thinking that maybe the difference that a few more would make won't come up until we meet Godzilla...
Now you tell me if you think it matters, having you know that it stands for Megajoules and not Millijoules, because it could if you really want it to.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 05:24:37 pm »

I don;t have anything against Joules, the more the merrier!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2014, 02:05:30 am »

Lugh Sonken
Still posed over the fallen grunt's body, you lift your heel upwards, leg straight, and drop it down on the pile of guns at your feet, snapping them to pieces. Alright boys, I'm feeling charitable.. Tell me who this Dio fellow is and why he wants my head on a wall, and I'll let you go. One guy throws himself on the ground before you. H-he sent us after you! To get those! He points at your hands, and the cestus. You look at them, then ask him quickly. Why? He shakes his head. He told us to kill you, then get the fists. That's all! He was very clear! B-but we don't need the money, right guys?!! The others nod quickly. He looks back at you, smiling nervously. I don't, uh, I don't know if it's important but.. That symbol.. He trails off.

Eric Mortlock
The two of you stand up, and the young man waits for you to head for the door before following very closely. As soon as you open the door and step into the darkened street he grabs you by the shoulder and throws you to one side, kicking the door shut behind him. You roll over as he throws open the front of his coat, revealing a compact single barrel shotgun held in his right hand. He kicks you hard. Get up. The streets of the tiny desert ville are deserted at this time of night. He stares steadily at you while removing something from his pocket with his free hand and gesturing towards the alley with his shotgun. In there. Hands open, away from your body, stay facing me. You obey, walking backwards towards the alley while keeping your arms outstretched. Stop. You're both standing just out of arm's reach, facing one another in the middle of the pitch black alleyway. He takes the thing he removed from his pocket and drops it on the sand at your feet. Pick it up. He raises the shotgun slightly.

Cavendish "Boss the Cavalier" Wales
Roger that, boss! Most of the men calmly man their stations, a few continue the dice game unabashed. The intercom squawks. All loaded up, boss. We're ready to go! You nod and step towards the center of the bridge. Right! Start her up! The pilot, a skinny, dark-skinned young man smeared with oil grease, grins widely beneath his too large cap and goggles, flicking a few switches on his control panel before easing the output levers forward. The Earl rumbles and there's a sensation of weightlessness as the air cushions power up.

Launch!! Aye boss, launching!

The Earl eases forward, and you take your seat at the captain's throne, letting your tea boil in the cup.

The Cavaliers travel out of the heart of the Ymr towards the desert proper, where the dunes were less wild and the terrain was much flatter. After a few minutes your sensor guys have a report. The lead engineer leans back in his chair and calls out. It's definitely a fixed-wing aircraft. Sonar's picking up two, maybe three props. It's pretty small for having so many engines. This profile is abnormal and it's moving slow for being so small. They've got some kinda payload onboard. They're heading lateral to us, but we could catch up to them easy.

Kyle Johnson
You stow your binoculars and pull the glove back on, then slide down the declining dune. You come out of the slide in a lupine bound, gliding towards the camp so low to the ground your chest grazes the sand. No one sees you. Within seconds you're inside the camp, pressed up against one of the tents. You crouch near the lip of the wall, and with your extremely sensitive hearing you detect low breathing coming from the interior.

Health - Hooman
Alright!

Stuff - Ratty Emblematic Leather Jacket, Old Jeans, Grimy Shades, Family Cestus
Reddish Spice [valuable hallucinogenic powder; handful]

Martial Pyros
Flaming Fists

---

Health - Sub Elf
Lookin' Good!

Stuff - Kevlar Body Armor
Big Slugs [5x]
Repeater Slugs [20x]

Power
? ? ?

---

Health - Hooman
A-Okay!
Reinforced Skeleton
No Wrinkles!
Cavalier Boss

Stuff - Cavalier Bossman Long Coat, Cavalier Bossman Kepi
Cavalier Bossman Proton Cutlass

The Grey Earl - Range:Infinite Load:Massive
[5x] 200MJ A/G Automated Defence Lasers
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ The Backdown Proto Destructor Beam
Dated Laser Rifle [∞]
Dated Laser Pistol [∞]
Carboxyde Cartridges [∞]
Scrap Alloy [∞]

Buddies
1000 Cavalier Cav Desert Militants [battle tested]

Power
Hot Touch

---

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson - kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Health - Bastard Hellhound
Made of Lava!

Stuff - Heatproof Combat Webbing, Heatproof Gloves
GLINT Spot/Motion Binoculars
Precision Shoulder Laser [1000/1000]
Carboxyde Superheavy Cartridges [1x]
Hi-Ex Self-Propelled Disc [5x; thrown]

Power
Hot Touch
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:09:39 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2014, 02:12:21 am »

Kyle smirks pulling off a glove and cutting a hole in the tent.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2014, 04:18:36 am »

"Jolly good. What say we race them to their target." Plot their course on any maps that we have and try to get to any possible settlement or fortification sites first. And try to control these flames. Supress them, flare them, move them around, use them as armour, play around and see what I can manage.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2014, 04:29:02 am »

And try to control these flames. Supress them, flare them, move them around, use them as armour, play around and see what I can manage.
The flames on your hands flicker and brighten. You feel that if you focused on one idea, you could control them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2014, 05:28:22 am »

Well, I guess, in the interests of subversion, I will attempt to 'not' burn things. Got a handle on my hands already, I just need to extend that onto clothes, and tools, try for ammunition... Try to get to the point where I can walk around in a pillar of flame without losing all my stuff. It probably wouldn't be very effective unless it also influenced natural flames that would inevitably occur. Extend that onto resistance and/or immunity to magic flames and it starts to get very meta...
 So yes, Try to perfect the whole 'not being burned' aspect of being on fire...
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:22 am »

As a rule, all you pyromancah's cannot be burnt by flames you make, but it always hurts a little. That's just how it works.

---

Your hands are on fire, but your skin will not burn. Your clothes and possessions will, which is why KJ the lava hound is naked aside from some special kit. You can only control your own flame, that you make. Once it leaves your control it becomes natural fire. These rules can change depending on your focus. Once you choose a focus, as Valican did with his kung-fu abilities, they have to follow a logical order to branch to new powers.

Sorry, just wanted to get that explanation out of the way, but yeah I can dig it. You want to subvert the fire so it won't burn your possessions?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2014, 07:37:35 am »

Yes. The path of the meta seems most fitting for a captain... Hurling explosions, flaming fists, rocket propulsion, these are all fine goals, but none of them really scream "terror of the high(or low, relatively speaking) seas quite like standing at the prow, weapons drawn, completely aflame, with a largely unconcerned but enthusiastic stance.

Ehh, I should try to get more in character stuff up... Sorry., just not feeling it right now.
Read the First Post!

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2014, 02:59:50 pm »

Pick up item while saying in a sort of hushed tone By the way, my name is Eric. But I don't think you care, no one really cares about random wanderers like myself.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:45:41 pm by ttlovepie »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:52 pm »

"Thanks fellas."
Take out red spice
"If any of you know about the symbol on my glove, I'd be more than happy to help "reimburse" you for some of the cash you lost since you couldn't claim my head?"

"If you don't know, just tell me where I am right now. Then get out of my sight."
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2014, 12:53:33 am »

"Thanks fellas."
Take out red spice
"If any of you know about the symbol on my glove, I'd be more than happy to help "reimburse" you for some of the cash you lost since you couldn't claim my head?"

"If you don't know, just tell me where I am right now. Then get out of my sight."
He recoils a bit when you unlace the bag and reveal what's inside. I-I'm no junkie. That stuff's bad news.. One of the guys who hasn't spoken yet crawls forward a bit, genuinely fascinated. Wow! Where'd you get that?! That's some heavy stuff! You try to remember. Decide how you obtained the spice.

It occurs to you as you watch over the four mercenaries, all sitting quietly in a row where you can see them, that only the [violet] man seems dangerous at all. He was just as terrified as the others when you killed the big man, but he was the quickest to recover. The other three aren't even wearing any other weapons aside from the ones they threw down, whilst the tough-looking man revealed a pair of sidearms and a blade he had hidden whilst you were watching him. He laid them at your feet before walking back to his friends.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2014, 01:13:58 am »

Pick up item while saying in a sort of hushed tone By the way, my name is Eric. But I don't think you care, no one really cares about random wanderers like myself.
He growls. Don't play dumb.. He lowers the gun, his voice shaking with emotion. How could I ever forget what you've done to me?! He stands motionless while you bend to pick up the item. Your fingers wrap familiarly around the object, your revolve stubber. He must've grabbed it on the way out. You can tell just by the weight that it's still loaded. There's a clatter as the man casts his shotgun aside. Now you have a chance. More than you ever gave me all those years ago. He pushes his coat back and holds it open with his right hand, letting the other float near the gun on his hip. This is the first time you've seen him move his other arm, and that's when you notice that his left hand is a prosthetic. I'll kill you, with the ghost of the hand that you took from me. The thin metal fingers click as they close around the handle of the gun. Now holster that stubber, old man.. He waits.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:37 am »

As Eric notices the missing hand. Hard emotions hit him in waves. First, the cold shock of recognition. Followed by quiet rage. And then, stern instinct. He composes himself, then laughs in harsh tones, thick with sarcasm. Ha! I'm sorry, remind me who you are again? Oh, right, you're the bastard who shot my uncle. You took the very last semblance of a family I had left, when there wasn't much to begin with. You don't deserve recognition. Do you remember? I do. I wasn't warrior, I was a child. Did you come into the world of bounty hunting thinking that the only way to fight was dueling? Well you, sir, are dead fucking wrong. After all this time, after all you done to me.. You come crawling back to me with your shitty problems. You dare?! At least I had the courtesy not to rip your fucking head off after you shot him. You want a duel? Fine, He holsters the stubber. -and this time, I'll make sure to blow your whole fucking head off!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:53:46 pm by ttlovepie »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16