Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17132 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:43 pm »

"Fuck!"
Kyle takes off the glove quickly and looks at his hand.
You pull it off. Bluish flames run up your fingers and globs of it drip out of your palm onto the sand. You gaze into the fire, and an ache runs up your arm. It reminds you of the time you stepped in the ocean. That fucking hurt.

Try new stuff with your power! The more you use it, the stronger it gets! For now ya'll can only light your hands on fire.

((HEY! It's difficult using a new name every game when you've been playing a character with that name for about two years.))
Harmless dig. No offence intended. :3

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:07 pm »

Kyle takes another looks at the camp through the GLINT. Where are the guards? Are there signs of activity from the tents?

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2014, 11:52:11 pm »

"No ma'am I still wanna be able to walk home tonight." Eric takes a sip of his drink, he wants to get drunk, but just a little bit to get his mind off things, he doesn't want to be known as a drunk or anything.
Edit: ((He's the serious kind of Drunk, kinda like a buzzkill.))
Edit:((Does my ammunition include the stuff already in my guns?))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:14:22 pm by ttlovepie »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »

Edit:((Does my ammunition include the stuff already in my guns?))
No. That's all in your pockets.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2014, 12:07:04 am »

((Wait, wait, what? I have an army? And a Battleship? Okay, cool! I Was expecting a solo yacht, but I can work with this.))

"Gah!" Cavendish starts as they notice the flames, then quickly composes themself and smothers the flames with some nearby and heavy cloth. Cavendish mutters "How did that start? I didn't think that we had any incendiaries left aboard" then focuses upon the cavalier "How is our progress? Is there anything to report? Schedule an inventory of the ship's stores when the sun goes down.".
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2014, 12:24:50 am »

((Wait, wait, what? I have an army? And a Battleship? Okay, cool! I Was expecting a solo yacht, but I can work with this.))
Yeah I totally took liberties with everyone's sheets. Hopefully everyone likes 'em. But yeah the Earl is a fucking land/sea battleship. MJ stands for megajoules BTW.

Anything you want to know about the ship or your men?

"Gah!" Cavendish starts as they notice the flames, then quickly composes themself and smothers the flames with some nearby and heavy cloth. Cavendish mutters "How did that start? I didn't think that we had any incendiaries left aboard" then focuses upon the cavalier "How is our progress? Is there anything to report? Schedule an inventory of the ship's stores when the sun goes down.".
He clears his throat. Your hands are still on fire boss. Your hands are indeed on fire. You hold them away from your body and the papers on your desktop. How do you turn this shit off? He continues, unconcerned. Anyway. The radars picked up distant air contact this morning, very thin profile so we figure unarmed, moving slowly at low altitude. A scout bird, and there's nothing for miles in this wasteland so it must be looking for us. God knows who sent it. We've only just arrived! He stands and places a cigarette in his mouth, leaning in towards your burning hand. He moves to sit again and he puffs, the end of his cigarette glowing orange. Obliged.

You ask for an inventory every day Boss, and every day it's been the same. All we've got are a shitload of lasers and C0^2 leftover from the raid on those Sieg-occupied ruins a year back.
He blinks. Come to think of it, Jesus how have we still got those lying around? It seems like for every alloy crate we smash for hull patches another takes it's place. Funny how that works. He exhales slowly.

Added Scrap Alloy to the Earl's holds.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:27:40 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2014, 12:29:28 am »

((I like the fact that being made of lava is normal for me but is enough to yell about in the status bar.))

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2014, 12:30:53 am »

((Wait how much money does everyone have? More importantly, how much cash do I have? I better not be broke, I was hoping to be a somewhat responsible alcoholic.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2014, 12:32:00 am »

There is no money, dude. What part of "nomadic" and "no government" did you not understand? :p

((I like the fact that being made of lava is normal for me but is enough to yell about in the status bar.))
When a person made of lava feels hot it's a pretty big deal.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2014, 12:36:33 am »

There is no money, dude. What part of "nomadic" and "no government" did you not understand? :p
((Then how am I going to pay for my drink? When I thought Nomadic and no government I thought that there was some sort of universal currency, just to keep things organized. Idk, with all the stuff we have I was just kind of expecting something))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:26 am »

If you want something, you trade something that the other person wants in return. Most people will accept spice.

Spice is very important in this game. Any fans of Dune? It has many different properties. It's used to heal wounds, fuel generators, get high, etc. It's mined from the deserts and sometimes processed, but most of the time it comes up already in usable form. There's too many affects and levels of potency to list them all. Their usage is sometimes the closest you'll get to straight up magic.

Since you have to know what you paid for your drink with, let's say you traded a handful of big slugs for it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:47:11 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:48 pm »

Does RAM want to do anything else? Otherwise we're waiting on ze UltraValican, whom I shall PM.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:08:59 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2014, 03:52:30 pm »

" Try to break through your bindings and punch the big guy several times, aim for the head with your hottest hand and his gut with other"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:00:44 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:10 pm »

Cavendish distractedly mentions "Plot an intercept course to that scout, if they are looking for us then we may as well pop over say cheerio. Oh, and see if you can get an estimate of its detection range." while tossing anything currently aflame onto a metallic surface and attempting to end the flames still present upon their hands.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2014, 04:28:09 am »

Lugh Sonken
The veins on your neck stand out as your huge muscles bulge monstrously, exploding the ropes.
BLAZING DOUBLE FIST TECHNI-I-I-I-I-I-I-IQUE!!!!~
Wha-! Is all the big dude has time to say as your flaming metal fists connect simultaneously with his jaw and stomach. The first blow passes through his head with no resistance, erasing his face entirely and casting a cloud of ashes straight upwards. The second shot punches through and out the other end, leaving a clean, smoking hole where his gut used to be. You spin roundhouse and flame kick his body in half, destroying the thick wooden post that you had been tied to in the process. The two halves of the giant man hit the ground and the other four normal-sized guys cast their weapons at your feet. Please don't kill us! Yeah, please don't kick us in half!

The Power has been made your own! The Martial Pyro!

Eric Mortlock
She winks. Suit yourself, soldier! She struts back to the bar and leans casually against it, setting down the empty tray she was carrying and striking up a conversation with the bartender. Surprising, considering how busy the place is. It's impossible to hear what she's saying over the drunken noise, though you can see the bartender's very serious expression as he nods and takes in what she says. You can't help noticing her occasionally looking over her shoulder at you.

You spend the next few minutes sipping your mead, and your face is beginning to feel hot. By now the waitress has returned to serving the other patrons. She doesn't seem to pass close by your table even once, and you've just started wondering why you're paying such close attention to her when you feel a light tap on your shoulder. You turn to see a handsome young man wearing a heavy coat standing behind you. Mind if I join you? He asks with warm tones, though he does not smile. He's already pulled out the chair immediately next to you.

Cavendish "Boss the Cavalier" Wales
You gotcha boss. I'll tell everyone outside that break time is over. The cavalier lets himself out.

You managed to get the fire in your room under control. Your hands are still on fire though. Unsure of what to do, you kick the door latch open and step out of your quarters, which is located directly off the bridge. The command crew look up from their game of dice going on around the Ops table. Hey Boss. Wow, neat trick.

Kyle Johnson
The camp is completely dark. After scanning the perimeter a few times you can pick out several guards, all sitting on the sand, resting their backs against lumpy cloth bundles. Five guards total, arranged at even intervals more than a dozen meters from the edge of the camp, all facing outwards. They wear robes that they wrap around their heads to protect them from the freezing nighttime air. The directional motion sensor reads ultra low activity in most of the tents. The GLINT is extremely sensitive even at this range, and you'd say the occupants are likely sleeping. As to the exact number of people in the camp, there are four tents reading movement, and judging by their size there could be at least a dozen men in each.

The one other tent that is not showing movement is slightly larger than the others. You've no idea what could be inside.

Health - Hooman
Alright!

Stuff - Ratty Emblematic Leather Jacket, Old Jeans, Grimy Shades, Family Cestus
Reddish Spice [valuable hallucinogenic powder; handful]

Martial Pyros
Flaming Fists

---

Health - Sub Elf
Lookin' Good!

Stuff - Kevlar Body Armor
Spicy Mead [highly alcoholic]
Big Revolve Stubber [5/5]
Sluggish Auto Repeater [10/10]
Superheat Rod [lostech quarterstaff; while active can melt through metal]
Big Slugs [5x]
Repeater Slugs [20x]

Power
? ? ?

---

Health - Hooman
A-Okay!
Reinforced Skeleton
No Wrinkles!
Cavalier Boss

Stuff - Cavalier Bossman Long Coat, Cavalier Bossman Kepi
Cavalier Bossman Proton Cutlass

The Grey Earl - Range:Infinite Load:Massive
[5x] 200MJ A/G Automated Defence Lasers
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ The Backdown Proto Destructor Beam
Dated Laser Rifle [∞]
Dated Laser Pistol [∞]
Carboxyde Cartridges [∞]
Scrap Alloy [∞]

Buddies
1000 Cavalier Cav Desert Militants [battle tested]

Power
Hot Touch

---

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson - kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Health - Bastard Hellhound
Made of Lava!

Stuff - Heatproof Combat Webbing, Heatproof Gloves
GLINT Spot/Motion Binoculars
Precision Shoulder Laser [1000/1000]
Carboxyde Superheavy Cartridges [1x]
Hi-Ex Self-Propelled Disc [5x; thrown]

Power
Hot Touch
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:08:07 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16