Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17101 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 11:44:55 pm »

Ahem, check the OP. Because that's what the easy post sheet says.
Whups! Sorry harbinger. *hugs*
Well, alright; I guess I'll let it slide... THIS TIME. I kid, I kid.

Name: Leeroy Headsette.
Race: Human.
Appearance: Short, scrawny. Large mouth. Beady little eyes.
Ambition: I am 12 and what is this?
Circumstances: Just sneaking away from former home in "Glorious Machine Republic of Progressivestan; small island chain quite near the desert mainland" after stealthily returning in secret to loot a bunch of stuff after being tossed out because pyromancer.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 11:45:16 pm »

Spinal energy weapon? What does that even mean?
Plot armor, cute. The mystery material will just be super tough. It's supposed to be body armor right?

Gotta modify it in if you want this stuff.
"Spinal" is a term sometimes used to refer to an entity that occupies a position similar to that of a spine in a human. That being, that it runs along the length of another entity. So basically a very big gun that cannot generally be aimed without aiming the whole vehicle that it is installed in. You generally only have one of them too. Energy weapons go "pew pew pew"(instead of "bang bang bang") and produce lights(usually blue) and generally fly much slower than bullets so as to show off the special effects... But folk are always terribly impressed by them. Take Star Wars as an example. Everyone uses blasters, they shoot these glowing blue bolts that travel slowly enough that a quick human could probably dodge them, there are people who can actually bounce them back at their source, and everyone can see where they came from... Bullets are a generally accepted part of the Star Wars world, but apparently nobody uses them because they, umm, need more ammunition and have trouble with heavy armour? Maybe more prone to breaking down? But, umm, yeah, basically a hole in the front of the tank with a large, useless, cylindrical space behind it, that can emit a glowing beam that damages things that it hits.

Well, I was thinking of armour, but that would be, like, a massive sign saying "I am a cyborg". That didn't really sit well so I figured just make it all internal, reinforced bones, plates in front of some organs, some solid beams or honeycomb-shaped additions under exposed surfaces to stop deap cuts and flesh tearing. Basically: more resistant to physical abuse but not exactly armour per say, and all internal...

Fine, I will go edit it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »

Okay, I'd just like to change her Circumstances so at their roots its basically, "Boring place that set Silvia into a pursuit to leave and make huge money and fame."

Yep, Kitsune transformation means fire. I was thinking for it to have levels, like 25% transformation and 50%, as opposed to going all out everytime, as to balance how her gained viciousness, strength and ability, she'll lose more and more control, reverting to a much more instinctual state. Have you played The Wolf Among Us by any chance?
Sounds good. *thumbs-up*

Nope! Haven't played it! I really don't like werewolves or supernatural stuff like that. Unless it has to do with ghosts, but only a very specific kind of depiction of ghosts that is very rare in pop culture. And just anything with wolves as a motif just kinda turns me off. The Kitsune I can dig though because it's more of a catlike thing, and I don't mind human-with-animallike-characteristics most of the time.

The whole power level to control relation is kind of cheesy and unnecessary IMHO. Just be cute normally and get all serious when you flame on if you want to get all shounen fighter up in here.

"Spinal" is a term sometimes used to refer to an entity that occupies a position similar to that of a spine in a human. That being, that it runs along the length of another entity. So basically a very big gun that cannot generally be aimed without aiming the whole vehicle that it is installed in. You generally only have one of them too.

Well, I was thinking of armour, but that would be, like, a massive sign saying "I am a cyborg". That didn't really sit well so I figured just make it all internal, reinforced bones, plates in front of some organs, some solid beams or honeycomb-shaped additions under exposed surfaces to stop deap cuts and flesh tearing. Basically: more resistant to physical abuse but not exactly armour per say, and all internal...
It was more confusion as to whether you meant you wanted it on you or on the tank.

So you're the Terminator?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 12:01:53 am »

Sounds like a deal, I feel like bullshit anime tropes are the only defense mechanism I have against the  pandamoanium that lies ahead.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:38 am »

Who wants to bet we all meet up and then somehow shipping happens?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 12:07:13 am »

shipping
*loads rifle*

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 12:09:19 am »

Why does everyone do that?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

What? I don't mind shipping, just not in my threads. Last I checked the Magical Girl and Monster Girl threads were still up, and FEF accepts that to an extent as well.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 12:15:52 am »

Why don't you like shipping in your threads?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2014, 12:26:16 am »

It's boring. I get enough of that shit watching anime every day. It's also not very good RP unless your game was intended to have it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2014, 12:28:56 am »

RP is just playing a role in something. Sometimes it just ends up with you being in a relationship. Shit happens.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2014, 12:35:29 am »

Ah, no, the spinal gun is on the vehicle. And, umm, more like a significant, but overall low quantity of exotic material inserted into the character's body to reinforce it and prevent future instances of material being forcefully, and rapidly, inserted into their body. So, no muscular modifications beyond a mild touch of Charles Atlas Superpower(insert TVtropes link), no engines or generators, not robot brain, so, umm, not really like the terminator. They probably have some permeable armour around their outer arms that will let them stop a knife with an arm, though not without damaging the skin, they could probably take a light bullet to the front of most of their torso without suffering urgent damage, and it probably takes about five to twenty times as much force to break a bone, but they certainly still have organs and are not completely covered in armour.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:15 am »

RP is just playing a role in something. Sometimes it just ends up with you being in a relationship. Shit happens.
Shipping starts to really define the game it's in and I don't like that. Is it really such a big deal whether your fictitious characters are allowed to date one another? I should know better than anyone else that it does not have a place in any game of mine, and when there's other places where you can get that experience I don't feel particularly compelled to allow it when it has no bearing on gameplay and isn't needed for some great RP.

Ah, no, the spinal gun is on the vehicle. And, umm, more like a significant, but overall low quantity of exotic material inserted into the character's body to reinforce it and prevent future instances of material being forcefully, and rapidly, inserted into their body. So, no muscular modifications beyond a mild touch of Charles Atlas Superpower(insert TVtropes link), no engines or generators, not robot brain, so, umm, not really like the terminator. They probably have some permeable armour around their outer arms that will let them stop a knife with an arm, though not without damaging the skin, they could probably take a light bullet to the front of most of their torso without suffering urgent damage, and it probably takes about five to twenty times as much force to break a bone, but they certainly still have organs and are not completely covered in armour.
I know, you told me.

I got the concept, you can stop explaining. I was joking about the Terminator thing and I understood the spinal gun the first time aside from the tiny clarification between you and the tank. Also, I know what energy weapons are.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:44:57 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2014, 12:45:55 am »

Eh, whatever man. Your game.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 12:46:27 am »

Perhaps more to the point, most of the people on here that I can think of that do regularly engage in shipping have absolutely no class or restraint about it, apparently treating it as a goal in and of itself.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:48:06 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16