Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17075 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:48:21 pm »

P Y R O M A N C A H
K I C K S
A S S
!

You're just minding your own business when BAM! A flickering spark appears in your palm!
Ouch that's hot! Have you have just created something.. awesome?
~ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!~

l
l
l
l
l

Gotta Stop the Bad Guys!

Steamy Pacific/Desert Cyber-Punk Adventure! - Most of the world is covered in a big fat desert where everyone's a nomad! Out there it's an 80's scifi adventure, with hammy bad guys and CRT monitors and hovercrafts and robots and lasers! Tech is mostly kinda obsolete out there.

Then there's the Big O's, hugeoid oceans with bunches of tiny islands sprinkled in them! So cute! And the Siegliesch Empire wants to take over them all with their evil Wasser Gruppen!! No fun! They're trying to steal the coasts from the inherently good and native civilisation, the Goug Machine Republic. They're soft-hearted and always there to lend a helping hand! They constantly clash with the evil Siegs! They're outnumbered by the Empire's conscripted legions, but their progressive society means they attract a lot of intelligent and free-thinking chaps. They make up for their lack of numbers with badass tech!

Gorgeous Badass Pyromancah!

Name: Cool name, cool name, COOL NAME!!!!!
Race: Squishy hooman of course!!
Appearance: Smokin', naturally!
Ambition: What drives you to develop this strange new power?!
Circumstances: Where are you, is anyone with you, what kinda cool stuff do you have?

Code: (Easy-Past Mode! Click it!-->) [Select]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Ambition[/b]: What drives you to develop this strange new power?
[b]Circumstances[/b]: Where are you, is anyone with you, what kinda cool stuff do you have?

How to Play
d10 is rolled to judge success! Yeah right! You always kick ass!

Players (4): UltraValican, ttlovepie, RAM, kj1225
Waitlist: GiglameshDespair, New Guy, TCM, BlitzDungeoneer, Harbingerjm

Important Thing!: Player list is NOT first come first serve.
And you don't have to be human, but know that you won't be making that race prolific in the setting so everyone else will remain hooman.

Yummy Cotton Candy Fluff Stuff!
There are cities made of metal on the islands where the Gougs live but their people are small in number with a very powerful industry so everyone's living upper class (technically, by their standards there is no social class). Each home is uniquely built, but the trend is tall, with lots of windows, and large gears sticking out of the sides; part of the machinery that runs the tools in a Goug craftsman's shop. They're all artists or merchants, professionals of some kind.

Outside in the desert, the people are nomads. Over 90% of the people in the world fall into this category. There are small tribal villages clustered around oases out in the desert proper, but where you'll find a lot of people coming and going are the sprawling Bazaar Towns that stretch all the way around the big oceans. Lots of fishing and trading and business goes on there.

Them Siegs live in scary concrete fortresses, some larger than even the machine cities. They make big bases that they abandon when they need to move, and their people live in structured dorms inside the walls. The military is the foundation of everything in their society, and both adult men and women fight. There is no place for civilians in their lifestyle. While the Gougs make everything themselves from the metal they harvest from the ocean bed, the Siegs are scavengers. They're hunters of Lostech that's buried and scattered throughout the desert. It's where people get lasers and tanks and robots and whatsuch. Cool stuff like that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:10:14 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Water-Nazis and Sand Lasers!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »

A combination of both. Like massive desserts surrounded by a sea full of adventure with both villains to fight at different times!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:07:44 pm »

I'd like a mix as well, but if I had to choose one over the other. Cyber Punk Desert
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

A combination of both. Like massive desserts surrounded by a sea full of adventure with both villains to fight at different times!
I'd like a mix as well, but if I had to choose one over the other. Cyber Punk Desert
Woah..

LET'S DO IT!

Quote from: Smashup Setting!
Steamy Pacific/Desert Cyber-Punk Adventure! - Most of the world is covered in a big fat desert where everyone's a nomad! Out there it's an 80's scifi adventure, with hammy bad guys and CRT monitors and hovercrafts and robots and lasers! Tech is mostly kinda obsolete out there.

Then there's the Big O's, hugeoid oceans with bunches of tiny islands sprinkled in them! So cute! And the Siegliesch Empire wants to take over them all with their evil Wasser Gruppen!! No fun! They're trying to steal the coasts from the inherently good and native civilisation, the Goug Machine Republic. They're soft-hearted and always there to lend a helping hand! They constantly clash with the evil Siegs! They're outnumbered by the Empire's conscripted legions, but their progressive society means they attract a lot of intelligent and free-thinking chaps. They make up for their lack of numbers with badass tech!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:25:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 09:25:47 pm »

AW YEAH!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

I can get behind this

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »

I'll reserve a spot for this.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 11:54:50 pm »

Reserving a spot as well.

Pyromancery ftw!!

Scratch that you guys go ahead.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:02:40 am by 3man75 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 12:20:45 am »

Name: Cavendish "Cavalier" Wales.
Race: Squishy hooman of course!! But with Metal reinforcements through most of their body.
Appearance: Smokin', naturally! But leaning on the side of wiry...
Ambition: What drives you to develop this strange new power?! Trained their entire life to be the best, and not going to let anything stop them now!
Circumstances: A veteran of countless battles, they have crossed the world to prove that they can save the noble natives. Riding aboard the fearsome Grey Earl, a three metre tall armoured hovercraft that has been gradually upgraded from assorted salvage and the occasional reward. The Earl is notable for its bulbously triangularface, the three large jets protruding from its rear body, the five turreted cannons protruding in all directions, and the ominous port above its nose which conceals a powerful, if slow to fire energy weapon that runs over more than half the length of the vessel.
 Cav personally possesses a deceptively-light but dense-looking form which conceals various structural augmentations using a mysterious material that was installed early in their life when they volunteered as a test subject for an experimental program. Some unusual property of the material seems to retard the aging process, but sadly the site was apparently destroyed shortly after the procedure took place, and Cavalier was never informed as to precisely what the material was.
 Their supplies are largely sparse, although they have an extensive supply of assorted weapons gathered over years of combat, none of the latest models, but all proven in battle.
... ... ... //meh, sorry, ran out of steam for descriptions, I am calling this done here...

Spoiler: original (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:15:34 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 12:29:48 am »

Name: Leeroy Headsette.
Race: Human.
Appearance: Short, scrawny. Large mouth.
Ambition: I am 12 and what is this?
Location: Glorious Machine Republic of Progressivestan; small island chain quite near the desert mainland.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:25:53 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 12:45:41 am »

Important Stuff!: Player list is NOT first come first serve.
And you don't have to be human, but know that you won't be making that race prolific in the setting so everyone else will remain hooman.

That is all!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

That is all!
Ooooh, so that's what you meant by Most Voted Sheet getting chosen. And here was I thinking it was a suggestion game.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 12:49:47 am »

Name: Kyle Johnson
Race:  Half Hellhound
Appearance: The misguided, antisocial male half-Hellhound herbologist with unexpected depths. His hair and eyes are red. He appears as an 'humanized' version of his non-human parent, but it is an attractive, not monstrous appearance.
Ambition: Hehe, BURN THOSE FUCKING NAZIS THAT KILLED MY PARENTS. The world will be purified with flames.
Circumstances: On the coast near a small encampment of Seigs staking out the location for a raid.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:42:47 pm by kj1225 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 01:08:18 am »

^^What's a Half-Hellhound look like? That sounds cool as shit.

That is all!
Ooooh, so that's what you meant by Most Voted Sheet getting chosen. And here was I thinking it was a suggestion game.
ohshit. *edit* *edit*

No originally it was going to be a TSG. But at the last second I went "fffuck that im already running like 12." We can't just have one dude there's too much to see!!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 02:38:00 pm »

Name: Lugh Sonken
Race: Human
Appearance: Well fed.  Keeps a shaved head and beard. He sports a ratty collared leather jacket with an image of a snake emerging from turtles shell on the back and a grimy pair of shades.
Ambition: HE'S going to be the man to conquer the world. Not those fucking Nazi pricks
Circumstances: He was born into a family of criminals and he spent his youth raiding and extorting various businesses within the slums of some coastal cities. People called them the "Land Locked Raiders" and they terrorized a certain costal city. Eventually a joint effort of vigilantes, bounty hunters, and rival criminals sought to snuff out the Sonken family once and for all.

They failed and now he's all alone in the world living out of apartment building in the slums. All he has to his name is his leather Jacket, shades, and  his trusty pair of cestus emblazoned with a steel and jeweled Sonken family emblem, a sun with a X made of two great spears. His great grandfather used to tell him that the Sonken family emblem represented some sort of artifact his ancestors apparently stole from an angry Sun God that swore revenge, and that its visage had some sort of mystical property. Ever since Lugh got his spark, he feels...closer to the gloves for some reason.
TL;DR
virtually penniliess, alone, all he has is a fancy pair of cetuses that may or may not be magical.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:26:57 am by UltraValican »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16