Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17076 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »

Ooooh, ooh, wish lists? Ummm, I want a hover-tank with oversized jet engines, several automatic guns, and a spinal energy-weapon that requires a few minutes of preparation before firing. And an armoury with dozens of old but effective weapons. Oh, and my reinforcing is made out of mystery material with bizarre properties that emerge as the plot demands. So far the only known one is that it impedes aging, well, it also reinforces the body obviously.

P.S.
 I cannae modify my first post due to historical considerations. It was made back in the days of suggestion game...
Tank is good, guns are good, armory full of old guns is good..
Spinal energy weapon? What does that even mean?
Plot armor, cute. The mystery material will just be super tough. It's supposed to be body armor right?

Gotta modify it in if you want this stuff.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »

Name: Eric Mortlock
Appearance: Wears black full body armor(up to neck), a quarter elf who has slightly elongated ears, and slight elven body structure, has ice blue eyes, and long brown hair. Armor is made out of thickish Kevlar.
Ambition: He recently escaped from the hell that was the Siegliech Empire. They abducted him and forced him into the military when he was a young man. He seriously disliked them for their torturing methods to keep him fighting in said godforsaken military. So he decided he was going to take them out. He realized he didn't stand a chance, so he became an alcoholic and drank away his problems. Then his hand suddenly caught fire. 
Circumstances: He is in a tavern in the Oasis villages, surrounded by various nomadic adventurers and the natives, who set up the tavern. He owns a few guns, and a knife. People are very confused on why exactly his hand is on fire.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:15:25 am by ttlovepie »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:08 pm »

Appearance: Wears black full body armor(up to neck), a quarter elf who has slightly elongated ears, and slight elven body structure, has ice blue eyes, and long brown hair. Armor is made out of thickish Kevlar. His left arm is a prosthetic.
Ambition: After long years in the military for the Goug Machine Republic, he began to notice magic becoming more and more prevalent, and deserted for fear of his life, he has an extremely depressing backstory that will probably be mentioned later, he is caught between his morality and his will to survive, after a few years of mercenary work he became much more desensitized to death, but he still feels terrible. Eventually he was hired from his mercenary work, and was pushed into the world of assassination. His mission was assassinate the leader of the magic guild. He failed and lost his arm in the process, the leader then took pity on him and took him in as an apprentice, realizing he made mistakes in his pasts and was forced down this path. Now after a little over half a decade of traning, he's finally managed to get the hold of some sort of magic, Pyromancy. (In case it wasn't clear he was not very good at magic to begin with and couldn't understand it at all.)
Circumstances: Apprenticed to the guildmaster of the magic guild, with a basic prosthetic arm, still wears armor from mercenary days. Many people don't like him due to the attempted murder of the guildmaster, and his twisted background.

I've seen sader

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 10:00:28 pm »

Appearance: Wears black full body armor(up to neck), a quarter elf who has slightly elongated ears, and slight elven body structure, has ice blue eyes, and long brown hair. Armor is made out of thickish Kevlar. His left arm is a prosthetic.
Ambition: After long years in the military for the Goug Machine Republic, he began to notice magic becoming more and more prevalent, and deserted for fear of his life, he has an extremely depressing backstory that will probably be mentioned later, he is caught between his morality and his will to survive, after a few years of mercenary work he became much more desensitized to death, but he still feels terrible. Eventually he was hired from his mercenary work, and was pushed into the world of assassination. His mission was assassinate the leader of the magic guild. He failed and lost his arm in the process, the leader then took pity on him and took him in as an apprentice, realizing he made mistakes in his pasts and was forced down this path. Now after a little over half a decade of traning, he's finally managed to get the hold of some sort of magic, Pyromancy. (In case it wasn't clear he was not very good at magic to begin with and couldn't understand it at all.)
Circumstances: Apprenticed to the guildmaster of the magic guild, with a basic prosthetic arm, still wears armor from mercenary days. Many people don't like him due to the attempted murder of the guildmaster, and his twisted background.

I've seen sadder
Fixed it for you, I meant backstory not in his ambition, also, I don't care who you're comparing it to, its still sad.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Water-Nazis and Sand Lasers!
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

Name: Silvia Buschafellor
Race: Kitsune

Appearance: Long silvery-blonde hair that reaches back down to her mid-vertebrate. Eyes are the color of orange kool-aid after too much powder has been added to the drink mixture so its really bitter and no one at the party wants to drink it, not even Jeremy K. and he always likes drinking the orange kool-aid, that might be the only reason he even shows up to these parties, he's not talking or drinking or blazing or flirting or dancing, he just watches the kool-aid and he won't even have any of the goddamn orange kool-aid if it's as orange as Silvia's eyes. Her lips are bright pink like the morning sky you admire after getting into a car wreck at 6:30 A.M. so you have to stand outside and watch the sun as the other driver frantically dials for an AAA truck on their IPhone. Damn, that's a pretty sky. She has freckles scattered around her cheeks like a helping off extra mozzarella the cook puts on your omelet even though you didn't want mozzarella in the first place but you don't want to tell him because he's a cool guy and you wouldn't want him to think less of you. She's got on those black pants that everyone who rides a motorcycle seems to wear, and they've got this big hole in the back for her tail that makes you wonder whether she made the hole herself or if there's a special service that sells pants with big holes and wonder what kind of people besides people with tails would buy big hole pants. Her white blouse is open enough that you'll take a peek at her breasts just because cleavage presents itself at which point you'll notice that her right breast is asymmetrically smaller than her left one, did she have surgery or an accident? Now your still staring at her chest with sexual excitement replaced with intrigue and curiosity but now she's notice and oh no she's bludgeoning you with a mallet man it's hard to see with all this blood in your eyes gotta' run to the door but it's disorientating with the wooden smashing into your skull and shoulders and it hurts really bad make it stop this is a bad day. 

Ambition: C.R.E.A.M.: Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM, get the money, dolla' dolla' bill' y'all. Ah yes, the wonders of extreme capitalism fueled by the virtues of monopoly and greed. Mmm, smell the dough racking up. With these new powers, Silvia could make some real cash, distance herself from the proletariats and their silly pursuits like compassion and love. Money can't buy love? What's so special about that? Money can buy a catapult to launch a big rock into you and your spouse, and try loving after both of you are crushed under 20 tons of raw granite. Stuff like this proves the divinity of money, and Silvia will plow through anyone in her path, whether its Nazi, Goug or Mark Walhberg and her Funky Bunch.

Circumstances: The suburbs, God, how plebian. Row upon row of happy white houses with middle-class families. It's inland, and houses mainly white-collar workers as they go to their banks and insurance corporations and what not. Silvia was raised here, and couldn't wait to leave the impoverished hellhole. Her highschool boyfriend told her he was working to be a doctor, turned out he was turning hours at the gas station. She promptly stomped his dick in the dirt. Fortunately, with this war happening, there's plenty more opportunities to get out of here.

How do you feel about Emergency Transformations powers, GUNINANRUNIN?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 10:31:44 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:27 pm »

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »

@TCM The whole sheet is way-y-y too modern. Lots of references to American culture, which I don't mind as a cute in-character thing but not when they compromise the setting (the whole suburbia thing is not gonna happen). What's your Kitsune race like? Just give me a quick rundown of how you picture it if you please. Emergency transformation sounds fine, but the game is about pyromancers. !!FIRE!! should be your main cool thing to kill stuff with.

Love that song. Your sheet is fucking insane by the way. Makes utter not-sense.

-snip-
Go ahead and get rid of everything in there that has to do with magic. The whole plot of the game is that you're people who are a part of that exact moment when magic starts cropping up in the world.

Depending on how many more people this attracts, I might up the player limit.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »

8) = Half-Hellhounds

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2014, 10:47:06 pm »

What's too modern? I thought this was 80's/Cyberpunk/Nazi Era. I actually thought my sheet might be a little too retro, as suburbia is more 1930's-50's than 80's. What exactly is the culture of this place to be based on?

Kitsune race is fox people. Generally cuties, something like this. Of course, I have to throw Emergency Transformations in with kitsunes always being prone too turn into giant, feral foxes when things get really bad. Perhaps she her transformation could be fire-based, turning into a firefox? Preferably not the browser?

Which song, C.R.E.A.M. or Good Vibrations? I like both, first is a classic, second is a guilty pleasure. How did Mark Wahlberg not have a rap career as Vanilla Ice? Mark was an actual thug, and could rap way harder.
The general insanity of the sheet may or may not be based on personal experiences diluted into similes.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2014, 11:12:18 pm »

Ambition: After long years in the military for the Goug Machine Republic, he began to notice that the foot soldiers were being used more as cannon  fodder than actual soldiers, and deserted for fear of his life, he has a decently depressing backstory that will probably be mentioned later, he is caught between his morality and his will to survive. Later he joined a mercenary's guild, after a few years of mercenary work he became much more desensitized to death, but he still feels terrible about it. Eventually he was hired from his mercenary work, and was pushed into the world of assassination. His mission was assassinate the leader of an extremely new magic guild, working off of the his teaching. He was working on his own magic when he realized that there were many more types, and devoted his life to studying them. But, Eric failed and lost his arm in the process, the guildmaster then took pity on him and took him in as an apprentice, realizing he made mistakes in his pasts and was forced down this path. Now after a little over half a decade of training, he's finally managed to get the hold of some sort of magic, Pyromancy.
Better? Or should I remove the guild completely? In this version, I was trying to say that the faction that hired him was scared of magic becoming prevalent, after seeing a few people obtaining it in recent years, they wanted to shut it down before magic became more widely used. That's the idea, I was just thinking that the time period of the world that you were expecting was after a few cases of magic were seen. Or are we supposed to be the first people to find it?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:15:39 pm by ttlovepie »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »

Get rid of everything about magic. Including the guild thing. You guys are all patient zero essentially. Does that make sense to everyone?

You could've just edited your old sheet and then quoted it rather than posting it again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »

What's too modern? I thought this was 80's/Cyberpunk/Nazi Era. I actually thought my sheet might be a little too retro, as suburbia is more 1930's-50's than 80's. What exactly is the culture of this place to be based on?

Kitsune race is fox people. Generally cuties, something like this. Of course, I have to throw Emergency Transformations in with kitsunes always being prone too turn into giant, feral foxes when things get really bad. Perhaps she her transformation could be fire-based, turning into a firefox? Preferably not the browser?

Which song, C.R.E.A.M. or Good Vibrations? I like both, first is a classic, second is a guilty pleasure. How did Mark Wahlberg not have a rap career as Vanilla Ice? Mark was an actual thug, and could rap way harder.
The general insanity of the sheet may or may not be based on personal experiences diluted into similes.
It's cyberpunk and 80's in the sense of the tech only. Otherwise picture the whole place resembling Tunisia. Population is not dense at all, especially by modern standards. People live in relative seclusion, and communities are rarely if ever in contact with one another. There's no big cities or anything, except on the islands where green and other plants grow, which is why they're desirable as a place to live.

There's also some relevant things that I dumped into the OP a little bit ago.
There are cities made of metal on the islands where the Gougs live but their people are small in number with a very powerful industry so everyone's living upper class (technically, by their standards there is no social class). Each home is uniquely built, but the trend is tall, with lots of windows, and large gears sticking out of the sides; part of the machinery that runs the tools in a Goug craftsman's shop. They're all artists or merchants, professionals of some kind.

Outside in the desert people are nomads. Over 90% of the people in the world fall into this category. There are small tribal villages clustered around oases out in the desert proper, but where you'll find a lot of people coming and going are the sprawling Bazaar Towns that stretch all the way around the big oceans. Lots of fishing and trading and stuff.

Them Siegs live in scary concrete fortresses, some larger than even the machine cities. They make big bases that they abandon when they need to move, and their people live in structured dorms inside the walls. The military is the base of everything, and everyone fights. There are no civilians. While the Gougs make everything themselves from the metal they harvest from the ocean bed, the Siegs are scavengers. They're hunters of Lostech that's buried and scattered throughout the desert. It's where people get lasers and tanks and robots and whatsuch. Cool stuff like that.

Aw! Cute! So if I'm picking this up correctly, she'll flame on when she uses her powers? Radical.

C.R.E.A.M., but Good Vibrations is good as well.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:23:24 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2014, 11:30:48 pm »

Okay, I'd just like to change her Circumstances so at their roots its basically, "Boring place that set Silvia into a pursuit to leave and make huge money and fame."

Yep, Kitsune transformation means fire. I was thinking for it to have levels, like 25% transformation and 50%, as opposed to going all out everytime, as to balance how her gained viciousness, strength and ability, she'll lose more and more control, reverting to a much more instinctual state. Have you played The Wolf Among Us by any chance?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16