Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: The Fallen: A Second Chance [4/4] - A Haitus between heartbeats  (Read 10192 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen: A Second Chance [4/4]
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2014, 12:23:51 pm »

(( Lyeos, all the others can understand your sign language perfectly, even if you don't know sign language. They can sign back the same. It's part of the spells that are woven into your new bodies. ))

----

A Overgrown Forest Path

The four walk along the path, brushing aside the overgrown undergrowth. As they head away from the barrow, the presence in their heads fades away completely, leaving a peculiar absent sensation.

The sun slowly continues on it's arc overhead. It seems you had woken in the morning, and the air is heavy with pollen and the smell of vegetation. You find yourself thankful for the shade of the trees - it would be massively hot in the direct sun. Slowly, the path becomes less overgrown. Paving tiles of dull greyish stone, furry with thick moss, show through the grasses more often. Another thing you notice is the increase of animals around you - you hear unseen creatures crashing through the undergrowth. The occasional call sounds out, a loud grunt like the cross between a wild pig and a deer. Once a huge shadow of a bird goes overhead - the wingspan must have been a dozen metres wide. At it's cry a silence drops of the forest for a few minutes, before building up to the previous tumult.

Eventually you come to a clearing, having not yet seen any being larger than a sparrow, golem or otherwise. A stream burbles it's way through the clearing, the water clear. A few tiny fish dart about in the inch-deep water. You pause for a moment to look around, and there! A twisted creature formed of what looks like roots has collapsed and come apart on the other side of the stream. In one detached arm it clutches a lumpy, roughly made sack. In the other arm - this one still attached - is a bundle of staves and spears bound together crudely with twine. The sound of chirping reaches your ears, and you notice branches ringing the clearing are thick with sprites. They chitter and chirp loudly to each other, one occasionally taking off the land of the crumpled golem for a few minutes before returning.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:33:28 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 12:30:24 pm »

Subject watched Collete grab her hand, confused for a moment. "Ah, watch me." she gently took hold of Collete's wrist and with her other hand, trace a word and some numbers on Collete's arm "Subject 173. See? It normally a method for the blind." A twitch run though Subject's body as she remember something unpleasant. It would of gone unnoticed if Collete wasn't touching her. "Now you do it."

She still holding out her hand.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:32:21 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »

Orchea remains silent as the group walk along the path, and approaches the golem immediately upon seeing it.

Examine the sack's contents. Try and pick out the longest bladed spear.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »

Collete gave a short nod and a smile before tracing 'Collete' on Subject's arm, apparently remaining totally oblivious to the fallen golem... Until Orchea approached it. She stuck one finger out towards it and waved her arm furiously, 'Whatsitwhatsitwhatsit?!'. Perhaps it would be a bad idea to ever give her candy.
Take a closer look at this text!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 12:58:26 pm »

"Collete~" Subject rolled the unfamiliar name. The only names she knew before were Subject and Guard. Now there was Kyle, Orchea and Collete. Also Animus, but she never met him in person and she didn't think she wanted to be friends with the demon she was task with fighting.

Still, there was now a golem to see. Subject glace at Collete's waving and despite there being no patten to read, Subject said "I think it the golem we were told about."

Subject blinked "Wait, how did I understand that?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:02:28 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »

Collete's eyes grew wide as Subject mentioned that she actually understood her frantic arm-waving and she shrugged, apparently just as surprised as Subject about anyone being able to understand that. Really, she was just expecting her to notice what she was pointing at and make a comment on it... But, might as well join Orchea.

Collete goes over and searches through the staves, trying to find the prettiest one!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »

Kyle walks over and looks in the sack. He also grabs a spear for more general fighting.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 04:10:35 pm »

An Overgrown Forest Path

You walk over to the fallen golem, Collete and Subject 'talking'. As you enter the clearing, the sprites slowly go silent. You can feel them watching. Regardless, you pick through the weapons and look in the sack. A general feeling of oppression comes over you, and you get the sense you're trespassing. Is it the sprites doing? Something roars in the distance.

Orchea picks up a Bronze Spear (O+1, D+0.5)
Kyle picks up a Bronze Spear (O+1, D+0.5)
Collete picks up a Quarterstaff (O+0.5, D+1

Spoiler: Sack Contents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: On ground (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »

Kyle quickly grabs the coins and a dagger before grabbing a waterskin and leaving the area.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2014, 04:15:19 pm »

Noticing Kyle taking things from the sack, Collete peeks into it and takes a dagger, a water flask, and three rations.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2014, 05:25:40 pm »

Subject take a Quarterstaff and dagger, along with the flask and medallion. As Subject backs away, she notices that a few lengths of twine are snagged on her staff

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02:52 am »

Orchea takes anything left from the sack, and heads further down the path, using the spear as a stick.

Her mood seems to have improved somewhat now that she is armed.

Once out of sight of the others, she will attempt to channel her magic through the blade, lighting it on fire.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:31:28 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 08:38:01 am »

An Overgrown Forest Path

Kyle picks up 12 coins, a dagger (O+.5), and an empty water flask
Collete picks up a dagger (O+.5), a water flask, and three rations
Subject picks up a Quarterstaff (O+.5, D+1), dagger (O+.5), a empty water flask, a small bronze medallion, and a few lengths of twine
Orchea  picks up a dagger (O+.5), nine rations, and an empty water flask.

Silent under the suddenly oppressive feeling, the party quickly hurries from the clearing. Despite that, the feeling does not dissapate. Orchea walks off ahead of the group to test her magic when...

Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)

Without warning, creatures burst out the undergrowth in a blur of motion, fangs already arcing to clamp down on limbs and torsos. Orchea is stranded from the others further up the path.

Combat has been engaged!
You have been ambushed!

The monster leaps towards Orchea, ready to bite!
Code: [Select]
Sprite's Barker 1: 4+1[glow=red,2,300]+5[/glow] = 10
Orchea: 2+.5 = 2.5
Sprite's Barker 1 wins!
Orchea loses 2 HP!
It sinks it's teeth into her leg as she stumbles back, unprepared for an assault. Fortunately, the wound isn't too deep , but she hisses in pain.

----

Another creature leaps out the bushes at Kyle, snarling.
Sprite's Barker 2: 8+1 = 9
Kyle: 2+1.5 = 3.5
Sprite's Barker 2 wins!
Kyle loses 2 HP!
The monster rips out of chunk of scaled flesh from his arm, and it's bleeding freely, but it isn't life endangering... the monster plans to change that, though.

A third beast - this one different - spits a sticky substance at Collete.
Sprite's Sapper: 7+.5 =7.5
Collete: 6+ 3 = 9
Collete wins!
Sprite's Sapper misses!
In the nick of time, she whips her head out the way of the vile substance  and prepares to fight.

The fourth and final monster leaps at subject.
Ambush reversal!
Subject: 15+.5 = 15.5
Sprite's Barker 3: 5+0 = 5
Subject Wins!
Sprite's Barker 3 loses 5 HP
Sprite's BArker 3 has been slain!
Smoothly, she twists to the side using reflexes she didn't even know she had and smashes the top of it's wooden head with her quarterstaff. With a mighty crack, the monster's leap turns from a graceful pounce to a tumbling end.

----

After the initial flurry of movement you can look at your attackers more clearly. They resemble the fallen golem in the sprite's clearing: less humanoid, they are wolves made from bark and twigs. Sprites cling to them and chirp excitedly. One of them is leaking sap and covered with blooming flowers: this one is festooned with the sprites, glowing creatures crawling in and around it's frame. It seems the sprites are not powerless - or, indeed, friendly.

It is your turn!

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)

----

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:06:25 pm by GiglameshDespair »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:55 am »

Subject Slip the medallion over her head and swings at Orchea's foe. "They are very fail, it seem! Go for the heads!"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2014, 08:53:16 am »

Try to channel fire through the spear blade and strike Barker 1

'Told you everything would want to kill us.'

Despite the statement, Orceha's face is set in a grin despite the pain.

((Apologies. Couldn't think of anything to say which didn't feel horribly contrived before))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:08:07 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13