Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: The Fallen: A Second Chance [4/4] - A Haitus between heartbeats  (Read 10193 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen: A Second Chance [0/4?]
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 10:21:44 am »

Kyle smiles at Orchea.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

At the shout the sprites chirp even louder in alarm. They rise into the air and swirl around the ceiling before zooming out the door.

Looking outside, there appears to be a clearing in a verdant forest. Luscious thick grass waves gently in the breeze, studded with stones once deeply carved with swirling patterns. The trees sway, rustling quietly, their boughs leafy and green. An overgrown path barely remains, leading away from the barrow. Vividly coloured birds hop about, singing loudly. The whole scene looks quite idyllic, really, until you notice the dim yellow-white of a skull half buried by the entrance, the rusted bowl that was once a helmet sank into the earth nearby.

The presence in your minds speaks.

I see you're all awake. Good. You're in the barrow of an old, forgotten king. Even the forces of the daemon don't remember this place. I still have power here - an old artefact buried with him deep in the ground gives me a focus here I'm otherwise denied.

This forest is south of Pranimtown. The temple of the Archstone is nearby, also underground. You'll have to find it once you're there. I did create a golem to gather you some equipment, but the enchantment was weak, and it's come unwound somewhere along the forest path. Find the golem, find the archstone. I'll be able to talk again when it's destroyed.

The voice begins to fade.

Oh, one more thing. When you see the locals of Pranimtown, don't be alarmed. They are somewhat different to your mortal forms.

if you have any questions, ask now. My time grows short, and the daemons stir.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

Kyle shrugs and starts heading in the direction indicated.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »

'You mentioned four stones. That puts us three short.'

After reply, start walking down path, searching for the golem.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 04:58:26 pm »

Collete, having finally snapped out of her trance, follows the others. True to her somewhat forced nature, she remains silent, expecting to gather enough information about the others by listening.
Take a closer look at this text!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 07:20:55 am »

Waiting for scapheap.

----

'You mentioned four stones. That puts us three short.'

After reply, start walking down path, searching for the golem.

Time to short to tell of others. Find them yourself or break the Pranim Archstone...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen: A Second Chance [4/4]
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 07:52:04 am »

"Seem simple."

Follow
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

Orchea snorts.

'Simple?'

She raises a hand and mimes counting on her fingers, first four, and then three.

'We've got four stones to break, three of which could be anywhere in.... wherever we are. Now, assuming out necromancer friend is really our friend, and was telling the truth, they'll be well guarded for keeping a demon in. Assuming it ain't, it's probably the demon itself, and they'll still be guarded to the teeth.'

She spins round, clearly agitated, and guestures first to herself, then the others in turn.

'And we've got an unarmed swords woman, some kind of lizard man, a number and a woman who is quite possibly mute.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 11:04:59 am »

"Ever escape a heavily guarded prison surrounded by dozens of heavily armed guards with only a rib you dug out of a fellow cell mate and no idea of where the exit is? If not for a lucky shot, I would of.

This on the other hand, we know there equipment for us, we know where one of the stones are, not everyone want to kill us and... I don't have a forth point, but for me, this is simple."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2014, 11:08:25 am »

'And all it took was a single lucky shot. Brilliant odds there. And that was only a dozen guards. Not even with swords, from the sound of it. No mages or anything.'

((Orchea should get a little less objectionable once she's got over the whole dying thing. Probably.
She also is unaware of the existence of guns :P))

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2014, 11:44:17 am »

"Dozens, not a dozen, and one doesn't not need a sword when one has-" Subject look up and down Orchea's outfit "Quick question, are you aware of what a gun is?"

((And Subject has no idea of what a mage is, thus she left is out of her repose.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2014, 11:47:51 am »

Collete takes a moment to process what Orchea has said, then smiles and gives a short nod since it seems that someone actually gets it for once! She opens her arms for a hug.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 11:54:19 am »

Orchea glances between Collete and Subject for a moment, before holding a hand out to Collete, motioning for her to stop.

'Never heard of the things. You going to tell me it's some fancy magic weapon that made life more difficult I assume? Fine. I take your point. Not everyone wants to kill us. that isn't going to last.'

Orchea turns, apparently forgetting Collete, and storms into the undergrowth to follow the path.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »

Subject sighs as Orchea storm off "She going to be a barrel of laughs." turning to Collete "So, what your name?" a moment passes "Oh right, sorry." she saids after remembering Orchea's mute comment.

She hold out her hand "You know how to spell? Write your name, if you have one."

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2014, 12:17:53 pm »

Collete blinks at Subject a few times, seemingly not understanding what she's saying - why would this person expect her to know spells about her own name? Best to play dumb for now, though. She tries to take Subject's hand, so she won't get left behind.

((Eeeeuuuurgh. I'm going to go punch myself for trying to play a mute character. Blind? I can handle. Deaf? Sorta. Mute? Nope.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13