Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Magic has shown its face around these parts. How do you feel about it?

It's not reasonable! Quit messing around with the laws of reality!
- 7 (25.9%)
Meh, who cares? Reasonable people work with what they're given.
- 11 (40.7%)
Most excellent. It would be reasonable for everyone to have some abilities.
- 7 (25.9%)
Magic? Huh? You're not reasonable enough in explaining this stuff.
- 2 (7.4%)
Other (Be reasonable and post about it.)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52

Author Topic: (Min. RtD) The Return of Reasonability  (Read 90385 times)

Re: (Min. RtD) The Return of Reasonability
« Reply #360 on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:24 am »

while backing away, ask the master mind flayers what they want from me.
If hostile, run away.

Nunzillor

« Reply #361 on: June 08, 2014, 04:13:24 pm »

No, no-- perhaps I am not considering this correctly.  To understand and recreate a phenomenon, we must ponder the how and the why.  But these higher questions are too vague and all-encompassing in their initial state, and must be refined through the use of their lesser, more tangible brethren: when, who, what, and where.  Only once we have asked and considered these lesser questions sufficiently can we form the greater, intangible questions, and through them gain a glimpse of the knowledge we seek.

Yes, we will use the scientific method as understood by a 3/4-crazy researcher!  Find the subject, and when he is well enough to speak, ask him when he developed or noticed his abilities.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:16:52 pm by Nunzillor »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2014, 02:44:02 am »

I'm back, baby.

"Sorry about that, but you refused to listen. Sometimes, doing the "wrong" thing is justified if you're doing it for a greater good, but anyways! I'll drop trying to become a lich, but you have to come on an adventure with me!"

Dry the Phoenix out with my shirt as best I can.
[15]

Feathers are quite hard to dry out with a piece of cloth, but you try anyway and get most of the water off. "A-an adventure? I'm no shape for that after that..." The Phoenix falls unconscious.

Start moaning and groaning again.
[18]

You haunt the house. The owner calls the Ghostbusters, how convenient that they are already in the neighbour's house.

Dig it out. Swiss-showel that I stole sometime before surely can help.
[16]

You pull a shovel out from nowhere and start digging. You dig a hole large enough for you to fit in and climb easily. After maybe 10 meters, you come across a glass pane of some sort, just as your shovel breaks.

Take my porcupine on a walk, with the intent of finding a group of people.
[19]

A huge festival to celebrate beating back the demons? Don't mind if I do. A pair of underwear flies on the ground in front of you from the crowd.

while backing away, ask the master mind flayers what they want from me.
If hostile, run away.

[10]

"Your brains, of course!" You start running away, with the mind flayers right behind you. You're not going to lose them on even ground.

No, no-- perhaps I am not considering this correctly.  To understand and recreate a phenomenon, we must ponder the how and the why.  But these higher questions are too vague and all-encompassing in their initial state, and must be refined through the use of their lesser, more tangible brethren: when, who, what, and where.  Only once we have asked and considered these lesser questions sufficiently can we form the greater, intangible questions, and through them gain a glimpse of the knowledge we seek.

Yes, we will use the scientific method as understood by a 3/4-crazy researcher!  Find the subject, and when he is well enough to speak, ask him when he developed or noticed his abilities.
He's lying in coma on a hospital bed in the infirmary of the lab. (Waiting for blazing glory TamerVirus.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:09:29 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blazing glory

« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2014, 02:55:44 am »

He's lying in coma on a hospital bed in the infirmary of the lab. (Waiting for blazing glory.)

(Eh?)

Get out of the neighborhood.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2014, 03:10:19 am »

(Waiting for blazing glory.)
(Eh?)
((Apologies, I just woke up. Fixed.))

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2014, 03:19:37 am »

Fetch a gun from the night-side table

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2014, 03:26:24 am »

Make an opening with a glass-cutter build in my (now sadly broken) swiss-shovel.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2014, 09:16:33 am »

Enter my porcupine into the 'Best Porcupine' contest.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2014, 10:56:28 am »

((Wait can someone explain how this work? If i want to play i just start posting?))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

((Wait can someone explain how this work? If i want to play i just start posting?))
((Yes, this is a minimalist game. If I allowed a character sheet, it would be too easy to be unreasonable and min/max it.))

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:34 am »

I wake up
((Am i doing it right?))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 15, 2014, 11:24:21 am »

I wake up
((Am i doing it right?))

((Yes, though you might want to edit in a slightly more elaborate action. I might either dismiss it as trivial and not roll at all or do something completely unexpected if the roll explodes, such as this:

Wake and realize I over-slept for work. Get showered and dressed and dash off as fast as is reasonable to catch a cab.
[20]

You take the red pill and "wake up". Your work doesn't really matter any more, as it always was just an illusion.
))

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 15, 2014, 11:27:13 am »

I wake up, turn off the alarm clock and go back to sleep

Nunzillor

« Reply #373 on: June 15, 2014, 11:36:13 am »

Do this, but with another subject that is not in a coma.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 15, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »

Get out of the neighborhood.
[12]

Before leaving, you quickly smash the reactors of the Ghostbusters' proton packs, leaving them without their equipment. You escape safely. Where?

Fetch a gun from the night-side table
[10]

A .357 caliber six-shot revolver, you grab your gun and a few speedloaders of ammo.

Make an opening with a glass-cutter build in my (now sadly broken) swiss-shovel.
[12]

You make a hole just the right size for you to slip through without your tunnel collapsing. You drop down to a dark room, but apparently the lights are on motion detectors and turn on. You appear to be in an early 1970's office, judging from the equipment.

Enter my porcupine into the 'Best Porcupine' contest.
[4]

The judges call you out on how little care you have given for your porcupine. It appears to be famished and not groomed at all, almost as if you had walked it to the competition straight from a pet shop.

I wake up, turn off the alarm clock and go back to sleep
You slack. Don't sleep too long, you wouldn't want to be late from work. Please strike through actions you don't want to do, or better yet, edit them out and put what you want in their place.

Do this, but with another subject that is not in a coma.
[17]

You get to a subject holding cell's monitoring room, turn on the intercom, and ask your question. "Uh, I think...yeah, some guy was trying to mug me when I felt giddy, and then he just was on fire. I'm still not sure how I do it."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52