Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 793970 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1185 on: October 08, 2014, 03:07:54 pm »

You're using dfhackr1? And set printmode in the init file?  Solved.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 08, 2014, 03:16:27 pm »

I am loving you man.

Thanks a lot! :)

P.S. Absolutely amazing, just what I wanted.

Could you tell me if there is a possible way to discard the foreground color enforced by the game?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:40:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:43 pm »

The black? You'd have to edit the tiles themselves and then I still don't know much about that stuff.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1188 on: October 08, 2014, 03:55:15 pm »

Could you tell me if there is a possible way to discard the foreground color enforced by the game?

What do you mean, discard?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 08, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Well curently we replace the tile itself, but there is still foreground/background color forced, so if I wanted a colorful specific item most likely some dark material color would screw it up. So I guess it is impossible to overwrite specific items with white/black tile only (without tile colors)?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:39 pm »

Has anyone built any sort of utilities for manipulating the Overwrites.txt?

Something like INCLUDE statements?
I'm almost thinking of a batch file that can concatenate multiple text files into the Overwrites file..

So I can pick:
Workshops_v1
Stairs
Workshops_v2
Trees
Numbers_v3
or any combination of those, as I'm working trying to build up the tile-set. 
I'm borrowing from several different sets, trying to get something with the "right" feel for it...and it's awkward having to remember to update one master override file.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 08, 2014, 04:09:26 pm »

Has anyone built any sort of utilities for manipulating the Overwrites.txt?

I'm almost thinking of a batch file that can concatenate multiple text files into the Overwrites file..

So I can pick:
Workshops_v1
Stairs
Workshops_v2
Trees
Numbers_v3
or any combination of those, as I'm working trying to build up the tile-set. 
I'm borrowing from several different sets, trying to get something with the "right" feel for it...and it's awkward having to remember to update one master override file.
I think it might be easier to rope in all the files in a particular directory, the way raws are processed.  Then you just have to decide on what to do with repeated entries (my vote would be for last-in wins).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2014, 04:37:48 pm »

Well curently we replace the tile itself, but there is still foreground/background color forced, so if I wanted a colorful specific item most likely some dark material color would screw it up. So I guess it is impossible to overwrite specific items with white/black tile only (without tile colors)?

Why don't you change material colour then? I mean that's the idea (in df, not mine) - tile colour is determined by its material.

It's planned https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/issues/5

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

Why don't you change material colour then? I mean that's the idea (in df, not mine) - tile colour is determined by its material.
For example if I wanted a color of material still show up on the bars, that's why I asked :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »

Then the color in the tile has to be whitish or light grey/grey.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

For example if I wanted a color of material still show up on the bars, that's why I asked :).

Technically it's not a problem to replace colour as well. I'm still not sure it's good to allow to change tile colour freely. I'll think about this, maybe some possible use cases will convince me)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1196 on: October 08, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »

possible use case: The surface grass is green. It contains pebbles and single tiles of brown, grey or black rock, or yellow sand. It looks very out of place. If you could color those patches of single tile soils green, the surface would look much nicer.

Example:
Spoiler: Deons fallout mod (click to show/hide)
The brown is the grass, the floor tiles are soil. If they could be brown as well, it would fit better. Even better than that, if they could be overriden with a tile that contains both floor tiles and grass, they could blend into it.

Another example: All constructed walls are of one color. Make that an option, and people will no longer go crazy of that microcline-orthoclase-obsidian-marble wall, but make their buildings and can toggle them to either show the original color, or a pre-set color for all walls, for a uniform look.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:35:03 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »

That can be accomodated by modding as well. I am mostly depressed that my nicely colored laser rifles look brown when made from copper :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1198 on: October 08, 2014, 05:48:28 pm »

@Meph Yep but then we'll "lose" material information. Some time ago I wanted all walls/beds/etc. to look uniform, but then I got used to it because it makes more sense this way - well, again because they indeed have different materials and colours in reality.

But ok, since I think it's quite easy to do, I'll add it to my todo list with an option to turn colour overrides on and off in runtime.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1199 on: October 08, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

That can be accomodated by modding as well. I am mostly depressed that my nicely colored laser rifles look brown when made from copper :D.
Ah yeah, the weapons. Yeah, it might be best if they are mostly using white as ingame color, so that the sprites retain their original color. Or at least keep a secondary color, like brown/wood for the handles.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 185