Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]  (Read 9630 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2014, 08:07:21 am »

Shower!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 04:12:26 pm »

(Waiting on Gatleos. I'll update tomorrow night at the latest.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

[...]try to remember exactly how far this place is
[...]otherwise just try to remember if I have a car or not, or if I take the bus instead.

As you chomp on the bread you took that will make the loaf completely unbalanced forever, you look over your vehicles. There are none. There's a few options you can take. You could walk to the interview, which would take about 55 minutes (11 turns). It would be the easiest, but you would feel extremely tired and probably very sweaty. You could take the Luas (Dublin's tram service) which would get you there in 20 minutes (4 turns) but would cost you about €8.20 which wouldn't be great for your wallet. You could always steal a bike which would make it in 20 minutes (4 turns) or even a car which would make it in ten (2 turns) but would probably get you in trouble with the guards or at least the owner.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

[...]try to remember exactly how far this place is
[...]otherwise just try to remember if I have a car or not, or if I take the bus instead.

As you chomp on the bread you took that will make the loaf completely unbalanced forever, you look over your vehicles. There are none. There's a few options you can take. You could walk to the interview, which would take about 55 minutes (11 turns). It would be the easiest, but you would feel extremely tired and probably very sweaty. You could take the Luas (Dublin's tram service) which would get you there in 20 minutes (4 turns) but would cost you about €8.20 which wouldn't be great for your wallet. You could always steal a bike which would make it in 20 minutes (4 turns) or even a car which would make it in ten (2 turns) but would probably get you in trouble with the guards or at least the owner.
((thanks for pointing that out. I really need to start paying more attention))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

((DAMMIT as soon as I stop checking the thread for a while))

Grab a comb and speed off on/in my car/motorcycle/bike/skateboard/scooter/tank/whatever I have GO
Or just hop on the bus that's cool too whatever man
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:13:12 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »

Turn 5 (8:20)
Clothes make the man!
[5] You put on a snazzy suit and tie that makes you look a bit like a CIA operative, something you quite like about it. You didn't even need to spend your dole money on it cos you found it in a clothing bank. Okay, it was slightly bloodstained, but you're sure it's okay.

Going to have to figure out some way to deal with that issue. Telepaths cannot afford petty qualms about privacy.

Brush teeth then drink coffee. Use Read Mind on Derm in revenge.
Before he goes, you mindread Derm in a highly unpleasant fashion, even though he can't feel a thing. [3] You are disturbed about the fact that his thoughts are almost mind-numbingly boring, yet identical to yours. You go to brush your teeth and get some coffee in the stiff silence. [6, 3] You end up brushing so hard your gums start bleeding heavily. That's not going to look good at the interview. Hey, my teeth are covered in blood! You drink the now lukewarm coffee so now your teeth looks like you've been drinking blood mixed with coffee. Perhaps in some satanic ritual?

Perfect! Head out the door. If I have to vomit, do it, but otherwise just try to remember if I have a car or not, or if I take the bus instead.
You proudly stride out the door and [1] Yep, you  have to vomit. Oh God, yes, you need to vomit. You vomit the entire five minutes. By the end you're gasping for breath. Some of it has stained your bright pink suit jacket so now it's green, yellow, and pink. This is just lovely.

One last try to get the hair in order, THen head out and get on the correct bus. It may be bad for my wallet, but short term loss for long term gain!
[3] You get your hair into a tussle that seems vaguely acceptable in the right light? You decide that's good enough for now. [5] You rush out in record time to the nearest bus stop, walljumping off the fences and sliding over cars, jumping into position at the bus stop. Then you look at the bus schedule. The latest bus is at... 8:13. You don't recall seeing a bus leave, so it must be late, then. Oh well, the bus schedules have been screwy, but maybe it'll work out in your favor?

Shower!
[2] You take a cold, cold shower. It is awful and you barely even clean yourself before getting out of it very quickly and drying yourself.

((DAMMIT as soon as I stop checking the thread for a while))

Grab a comb and speed off on/in my car/motorcycle/bike/skateboard/scooter/tank/whatever I have GO
Or just hop on the bus that's cool too whatever man
[5] You don't need a bus. You have something better.

You have... a skateboard.

... Yeah. You begin skating to the bus-stop. [5] You manage to arrive by ramping a car then landing whilst doing a 360. It seems like you and Hermann are in a slight coolness competition. However, the bus hasn't arrived yet, making both your spectacular attempts to get to the bus completely pointless. Nice one, skater pro dude.
(Apologies for the wait, thought we were waiting on someone.)

House Layout

Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scapheap (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 06:45:50 pm »

Get inside vehicle of mine to get to destination! If no vehicle, Summon entity. Outside. Try to get a large flying one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 06:47:05 pm »

Get a drink of water and swish it around in my mouth. Then embark on my quest to take the Luas to the interview.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »

Spectator comment:
It might be time for someone to rewind to a point where they hadn't eaten that pizza, or at least hadn't vomited it up.
This might be the first spell of the game!

Edit: Second spell. Derm, you beat everyone else to it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2014, 10:43:45 pm »

Spectator comment:
It might be time for someone to rewind to a point where they hadn't eaten that pizza, or at least hadn't vomited it up.
This might be the first spell of the game!

Edit: Second spell. Derm, you beat everyone else to it.
Can't rewind yet, I only get to slow down things in a 5-meter area. Otherwise I'd be abusing the fuck out of it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2014, 10:25:34 am »

Last task, clean teeth
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 10:59:36 am »

(( I shall be joining the wait list. ))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

While waiting for the bus, do some skate tricks and collect tips from passing pedestrians
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2014, 08:03:28 am »

Wait patiently for the bus to arrive. Once it does, hop on. Make sure it's the one actually going to my destination

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
BusQuest
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »

You're running late.

Your bus (a REAL bus, not those guided trams) was supposed to arrive at the next stop at 8:13, and you're way too far away from the stop to make it on time. But hey, these things happen. You just wish it wouldn't happen when you're training rookies. You glance back at... Dan, Derek? You keep forgetting his name. He's here for observational training, and you're supposed to be setting a good example here. Your eyes shift back to the road and you take a sip of delicious coffee.

But your eye catches something in the large overhead rear-view mirror as you turn back. Seven rows back, on the left. Is that... no it couldn't be. The shifty-eyed man in a hoodie hesitates for a second, then pulls a small handgun from his jacket pocket and mumbles something into a walkie-talkie. Then he begins to rise from his seat.

>_
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6