Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: M.A.V. (Chromehounds-like in development)  (Read 1163 times)

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
M.A.V. (Chromehounds-like in development)
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:46:48 am »

Has anyone heard about or played this game? I have fond memories of chromehounds, and while this is still early alpha, it has a running mech building garage, single-player, and multi-player (just battles--the territory capture is some ways off).

The animations look a little wonkie, but if it manages to get mech customization, squads/territory control, and tactical warfare with recon, artillery, etc, ala Chromehounds, I would be quite happy.

Features:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Each part can be individually destroyed (weapons disabled, movement slowed to a crawl, etc), and armors and spacers allow you to hide or place vital parts like cockpits in unique places. Roles range from recon mechs on wheels with light guns, to snipers and artillery, to front assault, to mobile command centers that allow your team a radar view of a portion of a map around you, to basically anything else you can think of. Pretty cool.

Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280440

Site link:

http://www.bombdogstudios.com/

At $20 entry fee it is a bit steep, and it is rather early in development, but if the developer goes through with it I'd say it's worth it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.V. (Chromehounds-like in development)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

I was thinking about buying this, but...is anyone playing it?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.V. (Chromehounds-like in development)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:24:53 am »

This now has my attention.

I'll wait for a little more progress before dropping down.  Shame I dong have the HOTAS any more.