Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 53586 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »

"Owww..."
sit still and try to focus on the task at hand, listening to whatever could be on the other side of that door.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2014, 04:59:56 pm »

Walk after Starn and Erin. They must have some ideas on where they are going...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »

Follow
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

blazing glory

« Reply #453 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

Wait.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 20, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »

To the Portion Hub Hallway! Use this highly dangerous card on a door. And then we may go to Portion B at last!

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2014, 07:05:28 pm »

Hey, anyone wanna help yank bullets outta me?

See if anyone will help patch me up

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2014, 12:29:38 am »

Take the other First Aid Kit, if possible. Also, take the Level 1 Security Card.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:21 am »

To the Portion Hub Hallway! Use this highly dangerous card on a door. And then we may go to Portion B at last!

Follow this person
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 23, 2014, 03:14:41 am »

Turn 30: This turn, 5 players are getting a mutation and people are exploring an important new place. In the same turn.

On another note, for now I am temporarily shutting down the rapidly obsolete list of discovered rooms until requested back. I haven't seen any requests to go back to previously discovered rooms, so it's not very useful.

"Owww..."
sit still and try to focus on the task at hand, listening to whatever could be on the other side of that door.
[18]: You still do not hear much on the other side of the door. Once again, the heavy metal door muffles a lot. You can at least guess that there's no unsilenced gunfire, at least.

Of course, shortly after Elsa opens it. See Harry/Elsa's turn for information as to what happens next.

[14]: You go to the two in the hallway.

See Harry/Elsa's turn for information as to what happens next.

Suddenly, you feel tingles! Your left arm is replaced with a bone blade, and you probably aren't going to be able to pick up anything with that hand. On the other hand (herrr), you've got a wicked weapon. If only it wasn't made out bone, which isn't the most effective material to cut hard things.

Follow
[13]: You follow.

See Harry/Elsa's turn for information as to what happens next.

You tingle and cringe in pain. Suddenly, your arms disappear and are replaced with two large dark purple squid-like tentacles with suction cups. However, the suction cups also have nasty "teeth" in them.

In general the mutation is pretty intimidating to everyone around. Though the lack of thumbs is going to be annoying.

Wait.
[11]: You wait. Fantastic turn usage.

As if on cue, Elsa uses her card on the door and opens it.

Read Harry/Elsa's turn for the text. It's a significant amount.

Suddenly, you tingle and your mind... diverges? You don't know how to describe it, it's as if you are of multiple, but synchronized minds. Your vision is also weird, it's as if you have multiple sets of eyes.

...Oh, that explains it. You look at your head... with one of your other heads. Your heads quite clearly look like hydra heads. And you currently have three. Welp. Hm, you wonder, can you lose a head and regen it? Uh, well, probably not a good idea to intentionally test, who knows what might happen.

[8]: You slowly make your way to the Portion Hub Hallway, using your card on the door and open it.

The scene on the other side of the door is nothing short of carnage. As you gathered from the hallway, the hallway was used as a killing zone. It worked somewhat, and there are about a dozen of dead infected right on the other side of the door.

Of course, it only worked for a little bit. Eventually, though, the infected apparently managed to get past the killing zone. There are seven dead Heavy Security Guards in ruined heavy armor with battle and assault rifles. According to the locations of the bodies, it seems that sheer numbers killed them, not any specific thing. There is a large amount of blood and many other dead scientists, maintenance, and other employees. There is a lot of carnage. A lot. There are no currently visible living, infected or uninfected, in this room however.

You would search for what items the guards have, but you're not sure the location is entirely safe yet. The room you have opened the way to is a wide open room connected to several other wide, open rooms. This is the Portion B-Section C Connection, connected to the Section C Employee Lockers, the Section C Security Room, and the Section C Maintenance room. It is also directly and openly connected to all other Portion B-Section Connections, from A to D. That's three more sets of similar rooms, all possibly filled with infected.

You haven't peeked around the corners yet, but the lights are still on. So if somebody just bumbles into the room without even trying to hide, anyone in a similar room of other Section Connections will be able to easily hear them, and should they turn around, see them. Unless you seek more combat, it would be best to approach this in a stealthy way. Preferably by specifying being stealthy, to prevent me from assuming your intentions wrong.

Finally, after all this, there is an imposing closed door to the Level -5 Hub, and thus the Central Elevator and the Central Stairway. The door is, fortunately, connected to this Portion-Section Connection. The door is, as you have come to expect, locked. You know for certain that a door of this size is not unlocked with a card, it can only be unlocked remotely. You don't know where it can be remotely unlocked from, as you have never considered the need to know until now--the door has almost always been open.

As for this room, it is a normally empty room. However, there are two overturned tables that were clearly put into the room by someone both to act as barriers. One is crushed and in front of the group of dead Heavy Security Guards, the other is split in two halves with one of 2/3rds and 1/3rd of the table. The 1/3rd is laying just behind the first, the second is in a corner, a rare feature of this otherwise large room.

((Players, I leave the burden of avoiding combat and being stealthy up to you. I also leave the burden of reminding people to be stealthy up to you guys because you need to interact more. It should be easy even with bad rolls to avoid combat if that is what the players wish, assuming people don't go, you know, running around and shooting guns, because if you do, it should not be a surprise that it will trigger more combat considering you're literally following the spread of the infected))

((Also, puzzers! Where is the magical unlock to a closed door that is normally always open? Fun fact, it probably is in the first place you can think of! If it isn't, then what is wrong with you))

Hey, anyone wanna help yank bullets outta me?

See if anyone will help patch me up
[4]: You wait for people to help you. But nobody comes.

These guys are great friends!

Suddenly, you tingle as your chest once again mutates. It hardens to a significant measure, and probably can resist even light firearms. Such is quite evident to observers, so only very poorly aimed shots that happen to hit your chest purely by mistake will be resisted.

I am now officially out of ideas for your chest. If the RNG rolls another chest next time, I'll just reroll until I get something else.

Follow this person
[4]: You follow person.

You see what she sees. See her turn.

Take the other First Aid Kit, if possible. Also, take the Level 1 Security Card.
[8]: You take both the remaining First Aid Kit and the level 1 card.

However, you suddenly feel very sleepy! Feeling no danger, you somehow in the span of a turn form a cocoon and fall asleep.

You awaken and leave your cocoon to notice your insect body is especially different to before. And far less lethal. You are now a cicadaman. I would go into higher amounts of detail, but the large amount of subspecies, lack of wikipedia information (What, did you expect any better?) and general lack of particularly interesting features leaves little to describe. You do have wings, at least, even if they're useless in here.

Gained Items:
Level 1 Security-class Security card.
First Aid kit (5/5 uses).

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 23, 2014, 03:42:59 am »

"Hang back a moment, y'all."

Stealthily explore the path ahead, get an idea of what is in each room we can see from here. Especially that lovely security room.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 23, 2014, 10:20:59 am »

GM: do I or do I not hear anything with my greatly enhanced hearing which I've spent 2 turns already doing nothing but listening to this room which now has no obstructions between me and it?

as my bat-ears continue to swivel and listen for any threats, I quietly move forward and advance towards the fallen guards with battle rifles. before rounding any corners or exposing myself to long lines of sight I pause for an extra moment to listen for any other threats, then softly step forward and collect a battle rifle and ammunition for it.

If threatened and I'm near the weapons, I dash forwards, grab one and a single reload for it, and then dash back, using my wings to aid me as long as I have room.
If threatened and I'm not near the weapons, I back away and go to the rear of the group, ready my tazer, and attempt to use it to defend us from somewhere that my already badly injured and with no defensive mutations self won't get even more hurt.
When using ranged weapons, trust my newfound hearing and allow it to guide my aim.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2014, 10:45:51 am »

Quietly inspect the guard corpses for anything salvageable
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2014, 01:13:33 pm »

GM: do I or do I not hear anything with my greatly enhanced hearing which I've spent 2 turns already doing nothing but listening to this room which now has no obstructions between me and it?
You hear faint and hushed breathing from the room ahead of you specifically.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2014, 01:26:08 pm »

You hear faint and hushed breathing from the room ahead of you specifically.
((thank you, sorry about how harshly I phrased that.))
"Careful, there's someone hiding up ahead."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »

Go to Portion Hub Hallway.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35