Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (ISG) The Level Up Club: Let the Crawling Begin!  (Read 2505 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(ISG) The Level Up Club: Let the Crawling Begin!
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:58:34 pm »

Thursday, May 22nd:

On the surface you are happy. The horror that is Freshman Year of High-school is over. Your grades, although poor, were not poor enough to keep you held back or force you into summer school, and so you have 2+ months of summer to look forward to.

It is, however, the very concept of 2+ months that brings you down. Unless drastic measures are taken, come late August, you will have no choice but to return to that hell-pit known as Eltonsborrugh High. Last summer you could enjoy yourself, as you had looked forward to high-school in the fall, but now that you know the truth, you suspect that you will have no peace unless you are actively fighting your return.

Luckily, you have an option. Most saps just suffer for four years until they reach the level of physical and academic maturity to graduate, but there is another option - one full of danger and excitement: Dungeon Crawling. Instead of growing up, you shall level up.

You, and two of your fellow commiserates, have already been making plans. The forms have been filled out - the three of you will be founding the Eltonsborrugh Chapter of the National Level Up Club! There is still work to be done, however. Ty is traveling to LA with his parents to drop off the forms and secure a club charter, and Pearl is on a family trip to Detroit where she hopes to score some free gear from a half-brother who owns a small dungeoneering supply store. You have a task in this affair as well; Tomorrow you have agreed to clean out a small dungeon that shall serve as club headquarters for the summer!

But first, like any good dungeon crawler, you must go through character creation:

Character Creation Form:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And with character creation complete, you can begin you adventure, so please choose one of the following tutorial dungeons to clear out and use as club HQ!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:37:32 am by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Level Up Club
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »

Actually, let me reserve a post.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

Or two

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »

... i could spend hours "Improving" your character model ...

but that body is giving me trouble.

it doesn't even adhere to basic drawing guidlines for humanoids....

Name: Al (female)
Appearance (should we change the original picture or just give you some additions to the character to overlay? That way "Equiping" a helmet over hair, or Armor over Clothing is less messy.)
TRHS: Dumb jocks hit on you. You are not interested. You hit them. hard. they go to the hospital. you get detention.
TOTTD'ntS: Hurting ignorant people.
Dungeoneering skills: Bashing
Prized Possession: Original Black skull headphones. They even have a built in MP4 player! Yours is constantly playing death metal.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:52:04 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 02:08:13 pm »

Name: Zilus DeCatrel (Family is from Haiti but he is a third generation american)
Appearance: I have literally no drawing ability so I'm just gonna skip this part.
Reason Why High School Sucks: Humans are awful and a cosmic mistake. Humanity is doomed to collapse under the strain of it's rapidly advancing technological level compared to the snails pace of our social advancement. Also, teenagers are assholes.
The One Insignificant Thing About High School That Doesn't Suck:SCIENCE
The Dungeoneering Skill I Have Been Practicing in Preparation for This Adventure: Spellweaving (theory only)
My Prized Possession: My Idiot's Guide to the Science of Magic.
EDIT: Sorry, the comic shop
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:35:57 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »

... i could spend hours "Improving" your character model ...

but that body is giving me trouble.

it doesn't even adhere to basic drawing guidlines for humanoids....

Name: Al (female)
Appearance (should we change the original picture or just give you some additions to the character to overlay? That way "Equiping" a helmet over hair, or Armor over Clothing is less messy.)

(You can add whatever pieces you want. I stink at art, so unless by some miracle this game lasts long enough to cause me to improve, my 'illustrations' will mostly consist of me moving and resizing the body parts of my characters over poorly drawn backgrounds. I'd say just recolor the torso, unless you want to give her a sarcastic t-shirt with text or something, and but add layers for everything else.)

Edit: Also, neither of my two posters so far have included a choice of starting dungeon.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:16:36 pm by Weirdsound »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »

Name: Knum Frivel
Spoiler: Appearance: (click to show/hide)
Reason Why High School Sucks: Well, you are almost the only greenskin around. While not totaly a cesspool of elfs, dwarfs and lizards, you really do not want to associate with them or any amberskins either. It's not like you are racist against them, but... wait, no. Actually, you are racist against them! Damm Amberskins making goblins look bad all the time, you know? You'd rather hang with orcs! ... which is what you do, to be honest.
The One Insignificant Thing About High School That Doesn't Suck: Teaming up with the orcs to shake down wimpy elfs for their lunch money. Oh, and pocketing a bigger share of it while I am at it.
The Dungeoneering Skill I Have Been Practicing in Preparation for This Adventure: ... having my sticky green paws all over the place? Having my sticky green paws all over the place!
My Prized Possession: Your modified Nail Gun. Comes with 5 tallymarks! (From squirrels, but hey...)
Starting Dungeon: The Killers Trail

You never said any-thing about race, or restriction thereof. So I took the chance...  :P
(Link to the file via pm, if Knum gets choosen )
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:16:56 pm by escaped lurker »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 03:20:29 pm »

Name: Anna DeWinter
Appearance:
Reason Why High School Sucks: The whole paying attention part.
The One Insignificant Thing About High School That Doesn't Suck: Actually learning.
The Dungeoneering Skill I Have Been Practicing in Preparation for This Adventure: sword wielding
My Prized Possession: Your hidden money stash.

Starting dungeon King Kole Komics and Kollectibles
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:54:09 pm »

ok, it is now black and grey mottled plaid. HA!

took me 10 minutes to put together total ... huh.

mostly used the lasso crop and ctrl c+v
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »

Alright. I'll close the polls in around 3 hours at 7pst. Right now we would have a tie, but as anailater seems to be the only person who has voted on a starting dungeon, I'll give it to his submission if things remain the same.

Hopefully I will have the first post up tonight, if not, then tomorrow morning.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:10:05 pm »

I edited my sheet to have the starting dungeon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 11:19:56 pm »

Alright. Looks like anailater's suggestion won. I'll need the link to the google docs file he was working on so I can copy all the component parts over. Depending on how fast I work, you may get a turn or two with the generic character before Anna gets her customization on.

Edit: Upon Closer examination, it seems likely that Anna was created in paint, or a similiar program, as opposed to Google Docs. Luckily, I'm not above remaking her.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:56:10 pm by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:30 am »

Friday, May 23rd:

It is the first full day of summer, so you take the opportunity to sleep in and enjoy a good breakfast, before you prepare for your adventure. First you shower and re-apply your maroon highlights, and then you get dressed. You pick and don a plain brown t-shirt, and your combination utility sash and belt. You fetch your sword out from under your bed, but decide to leave your secret stash of Cashmoney at home; It is more likely to be stolen than spent in a dungeon, even if that dungeon was once a store.

You then mount your bike, and ride on over to King Kole Komics and Kollectibles, or what is left of it. You park and lock your bike in the alley nextdoor to the shop, and enter through a broken window.

The layout is familiar; You had visited the store while it was open a few times in 5th and 6th grade, back when you were into the Roll to Dodge Trading Card Game. The shelves are mostly barren now, with only a few comics, action figures, and TTRPG rulebooks remaining. A few posters advertising the major comic releases of the last few years remain on the wall as well.

A pile of boxes sits in the middle of the room; they appear to be empty at first glance. With a groan, you recognize a large pile of Super Chasity Angel Body Pillows, a misguided product put out by some right-wing group looking to discourage immoral acts in young men. Perhaps it was such a large order of such a stupid product that drove King Kole out of business.

From here you can access the employee break room and the storage room. You can also leave the dungeon, but there is plenty to explore and do here before moving along! So what do you do?

Party Information:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:40:27 am by Weirdsound »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Level Up Club: Let the Crawling Begin!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 12:46:47 pm »

Kill the red .. mushrooms? that are hiding in the cardboard-box and behind the eagly-signs!
Disregard if they turn out to be decorational items. In that case, pick them up, just as if they were mushrooms!

Afterwards, pifler through the desk, cash register and shelves!
Could be something usefull inside there. Who knows?

Marvel at the fantastic posters, the art of which is completely unbeknown to any of the readers that are hiding behind the fourth wall

J-epp. That sounds about right.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Level Up Club: Let the Crawling Begin!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »

Kill the red .. mushrooms? that are hiding in the cardboard-box and behind the eagly-signs!
Disregard if they turn out to be decorational items. In that case, pick them up, just as if they were mushrooms!

Afterwards, pifler through the desk, cash register and shelves!
Could be something usefull inside there. Who knows?

Marvel at the fantastic posters, the art of which is completely unbeknown to any of the readers that are hiding behind the fourth wall

J-epp. That sounds about right.
+1 to these, but also...
Check the books that are left, and read the covers, If the contents interest you remember to use Quickstudy later.
Also check the cash register.

((Hooray my character was chosen!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: [1] 2