Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Immortal Labyrinth  (Read 21397 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Immortal Labyrinth
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »

Grab some chainmail and leggings/greaves along with boots, gauntlets and a metal helmet. See if there is a hooded cloak I can conceal it under, although a robe will work. Go get a wand, sword, shield, and some spell books or read some books on magic if I can find them.

((This should be interesting. Turn 1: Where everyone wants to be a Battlemage.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:54:40 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 08:57:05 pm »

Grab some chainmail and leggings/greaves along with boots, gauntlets and a metal helmet. See if there is a hooded cloak I can conceal it under, although a robe will work. Go get a wand, sword, shield, and some spell books or read some books on magic if I can find them.

((This should be interesting. Turn 1: Where everyone wants to be a Battlemage.))

((Not me! I'm going for knight in armor with a halberd!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 09:04:27 pm »

((Not me! I'm going for knight in armor with a halberd!
((So it'll be Turn 1: Where blazing glory is unique and most others want to be a Battlemage. Hmm, hey Ethereal, if we find magic books, would we be able to share them with the others to share soells between the group?))

blazing glory

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »

Don't forget this guy,

Grab a crossbow and bolts and also some leather armor and a dagger
Also nick some throwing knives too

He's going for medieval assassin. (I read that in the olden days crossbow's were viewed as dishonorable and a weapon for assassins.)

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 09:34:32 pm »

Kick open the cage door and take a robe along with three books.
[4]The door is already open. You walk through it and head to the side with the armor. You look at the vast decisions of robes to put on. There. You find a robe that fits your style. You accustom yourself to the crimson red robe as you put it on. The insides are filled with pockets, the space inside the pockets seems enough to hold a few objects. You place the hood on your head. The robe begins to glow with a much brighter red. After seconds, the glow subsides. You turn to see what happened and you notice something printed on the back of your robe. It's your name. Neat. You walk towards the table with books as you turn and notice that the hanger that you got your robe from has a different robe on it. You continue to way towards the book as you take three. You look at each one as they're all empty. You place them inside your robe's pockets.

Grab a two handed Flail  a Pole-axe and put on some Plate armor
[3]You walk out of the cage and walk over to the weapons. The walls are lined with such unique weapons, but you look for a polearm. You keep looking, but to your avail, you find nothing. Struck with the sudden depression, you don't try to find plate armor and decide to sit.

Grab a crossbow and bolts and also some leather armor and a dagger
Also nick some throwing knives too
[6] You look around the room for a crossbow, some ammunition, armor, daggers and throwing knives. You manage to find them all in their spots. With the happiness inside of you, you express it by running out the door. You're too fast! You smack your face right into the door to the next room. [Damage : 6] You nudge off the hit as you continue searching for your weapons. You grab a crossbow and sling it over your shoulder. You find some bolts and fling it over your shoulder too. Wow, your back must be strong! You walk to the side and grab a dagger and place it in it's sheath. You find some throwing knives collecting dust in the corner and place them in your pocket, with a sheath covering them of course. You walk over to the armor wall and take a set of leather armor. The armor fits on nicely. You put on your chest plate as the armor begins to glow, similar to Sinvara's glow, but the color of the glow, brown. After a while, you found that the front of your chest plate is your name.

Wands, you say?

Check if I have any innate magical senses/powers, and if I do, try to pull a hammer through the bars to break the lock with. If the cage isn't locked, just take an axe, shield, and some chainmail while reading the open books and looking for an explanation of how magic works.
[5](Oh god.)Instead of leaving the cage immediately, you decide to sit down and meditate to see if you contain any magic abilities. [Luck : 2] You don't see anything magical about you. You wake up and walk towards the weapons. You find your axe and sling it over your shoulder as it attaches to your back. You all realize that nothing is attaching the weapons to your back. It's as if a magical force is binding it to you. You ignore this theory and find a shield. You find a steel shield aligned to a bunch of other shields similar to it. You pick it up as you feel it and hold it. It feels light. You try to find a way to hold both of these things together as you feel the shield moving. It slides up your arm, and slides onto your arm. Just like an old spartan would hold his shield. You walk over towards the wall of armor and grab some chainmail armor. The set fits on as you see the glow. A bright silver. However, your name is not on your armor, but on your shield. Ignoring this, you walk towards the books. You try to see if any of them have anything printed, but nothing. They're all empty.

Damn, guess I seriously have to lay off the shrooms.  Immortal labyrinth?  What is this, that weird ass David Bowie movie?  Jesus Christ.  Just gotta ride this out, maybe even try to enjoy it.

Grab a steel chest plate, a helmet, and some boots and put them on.  Also, put on the most armored pants I can find.  Grab a wand in one hand and a mace in the other.  Scan the spines on the books behind me to find their titles.

((Edited for pants))
[1]You look at the others as they have fun practicing their new found equipment. You, on the other hand, decide to stay in the cage and admire it's beauty.

[4]You walk over towards the chainmail armor. You notice that there's one in the corner that seems to be hidden from all the others. You walk towards it as you notice that it seems to have a gauntlet. You equip the set as you feel the gauntlet attach to your arm. You hear a lock as you begin to panic. You realize that it feels comfortable. You try to make it do something, but nothing. Your body glows as the gauntlet shines. This time, it shines blue. When the blinding light calms down, you notice your gauntlet to be a new color. Blue. Engraved onto the top of the gauntlet is your name, in gold. You take off your chain helmet as you find a new metal one. You try to find a robe to cover your armor, but you feel as though it'll be too much. You walk over to the section holding the wands and take one. The wand feels light and you begin swinging it to get a feel. Nothing happens. You place it in the pocket of your leggings as you walk over towards the swords. You take a regular sword and place it into the sheathe, around your waist. You find a shield and place it on your arm. The shield begins to slide onto your arm as it finds its position. You walk over to the books as you notice that they are all empty.

Statuses :
Spoiler: Varee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinvara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Statuses will be updated tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:59:21 pm by Ethereal »

Nunzillor

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »

The metalwork on this cage... is that mythril?  Does that even exist?  That's amazing.  Wait, what was I doing?  It doesn't matter.  This cage... yes, it is... everything.

Hone my mind on the cage's emanations as they are dispersed into the surrounding aetheric arcane medium.  Open my third eye as a result of this experience and learn the art of summoning and banishing cages.

Also, if someone tried to attack me, hide behind someone with lots of armor.

((Edited to not repeat previous action))

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:46:45 pm by Nunzillor »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »

New rule!

No repeating actions.

blazing glory

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »

Mope around,cry a little.

Everyone's getting cool stuff,it's not fair! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Grab a two handed sword and take a swing at the nearest person.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:44:09 pm by blazing glory »

Nunzillor

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »

New rule!

No repeating actions.

No problem, edited.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:22 pm »

((I wonder if the items with our name on them grow more powerful as we do, if we can get more powerful.))

Check if the chain helmet is attached to the armor. Always good to have a backup helmet. If it isn't, but it looks like the chain mail helmet is supposed to go with my armor, replace the metal helmet with the chain helmet. Otherwise, keep the metal helmet.  Take one of the books if I can store it somewhere.Also, if attacked block or dodge, then decapitate my attacker.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:49:51 pm by Beirus »

blazing glory

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 10:23:31 pm »

((Also I don't consider what happened to be a "partial success".))

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 10:31:39 pm »

((Also I don't consider what happened to be a "partial success".))

For this, I make a 3 more of a, "Eh, you tried. But it didn't happen."

blazing glory

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »

((Edited my action.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 10:45:47 pm »

((Woah, careful man.  Edited my action to reflect his edit!  Don't kill me please!))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:48:13 pm by Nunzillor »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 12:49:10 am »

Noticing the maniac haphazardly swinging his sword about, Zero steps back and puts his shield in front of himself.

If I am attacked, shield slam my attacker, then see if his weapon is also attracted to me if he is knocked out.

Otherwise, see if the books are also attracted to me. Take a random one just in case.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11