Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103583 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:46 pm »

Making this turn is going to take a lot longer than I expected, don't be surprised if it's a bit late; it'll definitely probably be done by tomorrow, probably by tonight.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:32:14 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2014, 01:35:15 pm »

Turn 17

Update Music.

I still have a lot of work I need to do (behind the scenes stuff), but I figured I owed you guys a turn.
P.S: Please send me a private message if I made a mistake, instead of cluttering the thread; it makes it more annoying to update the turn, thanks.

Looks like I got a chance to post before departing. Fantastic.
Place the cute dragon on my shoulder. Continue charging.
Also, because Rune cannot speak, treat things in quotation marks as his "thoughts".
"I'll name this one 'Decimate'!"

Become the secondary flamethrower for Rune. Why not?

Sarrak stops struggling, figuring that there are worse fates than this. Rune places him on his shoulder, whilst continuing to charge his laser. Sarrak is now perched on Rune's shoulder. CHARGING: [5 + 1(Charging)] = 6
Rune's laser is now on Stage VI. It is visibly glowing, and the hum is glowing louder. He feels slightly drained, as the weapon is using up all of his energy.

Get a vac bot and follow any trace signatures of shape shifter.

You get a cleaning bot that possesses a vacuum to follow you. You go to the location of the little "blip" that was present on your radar; it is now a yellow color, signifying that the signature has "decayed" (it was a past anomaly). You walk for a bit, before arriving in a library. There is no one present.

sit back

You submit yourself to the pain, and sit back. You finally have time to observe your surroundings. PERCEPTION: [4 - 1(Severe Pain)] = 3
You are sitting next to the ruins of the old town hall. There is a motley of figures; your eyes are naturally drawn to the bronze colossus, and the half-dragon perched on his shoulder. A humming sound can be heard.

Start moving to get as many piece of my body as i can

At this point, it's more of a matter of concentration than finesse to gather your meaty parts; you try to focus. CONCENTRATION: [3] = 3
You manage to reconstruct a bit more of your shattered body, but at the rate you're going, it'll take weeks. If nothing else interferes.

"EXCELLENT WORK, BRETHREN.  TO THE POWERSTATION!"

US-2497 leads its followers to the powerstation, making sure to have the cleaning bots bring the explosives.  If everyone gets there without issue, it looks over the building for entrances and signs of habitation.

Now that Fumbles is fixed up, the robot does the quoted action.

You rally your robotic allies, noting the departure of Fumbles and a cleanbot. A good dozen follow you down the street and into the town square - across from you is the power station. Slightly left/in front of the power station is a giant colossus. There are a few other figures within the Square. This might be tricky...

Shake the android's hand.

"I am Unit 4871, or Erizen if you prefer, the Swiffer company had you dismantled and, I, over a short amount of time, rebuilt you."

The android lets you shake its hand, but the limb seems very limp. It nods upon your introduction, and picks itself off the ground. It looks around its surroundings. It doesn't say anything.

Get away from the expected blast radius, should Rune fire the cannon.

Figuring that Rune would probably blow up one of the many buildings, you fly a good distance into the sky. Perfect view. You can see the town square and much of the Cube from here.

Investigate and secure this pool! Judge water quality and algal content! And also the presence of various animals! Invite wife to join!

The pool is decently warm; the air is musky and has an underground feel to it. The pool at one time might've been suitable for human use, but has decayed to the point where it is essentially a pond. There is much algae, and the water is natural - no pollution or human contaminants. You see some bugs, frogs, and fish. Your wife jumps in after you. The room is dark, and it's rather hard to see (the only light is from the hole you made).

My family is going dip netting, so I'm going to be offline till monday

Praetor, stay here. I'm going to investigate the science center.

Make My way to the science facility

You walk over to the science facility (from what you can make out, the science facility is straight ahead, the engineering bay is to your left, and drone control is to your right).
You open the door and peer inside. Inside, there is a laboratory setting. You're not quite sure what they were working on, but you can see a desk, some lab equipment, etc. There is a computer on the desk.

well someone was trying to go through here... wonder if i can get this thing working
See if i can reset the system and have an automated door opening

You try to reset the system. ELECTRONICS: [1 + 1(IQ) - 1(No Tools) - 3(Difficulty)] = -2; CRIT FAIL
Whilst attempting to reset the system, you somehow cause the whole getup to spark and blow up in your face. REFLEX: [5] = 5
Reacting in time to roll out of the way is physically impossible, but you manage to cover your face with your arm, and turn away from the electrical discharge. FORTITUDE: [3 + 2(STR)] = 5
Your arm's slightly singed, but you shrug it off: 'tis but a flesh wound. You curse your luck.

Go straight, jump the fence, and keep walking.

You head straight, and begin to jump the fence; as you start to climb over, however, you hear a robotic voice: "WARNING: ENTERING RESTRICTED ZONE. ENTRY IS FORBIDDEN. CEASE EFFORTS AND TURN AROUND."

((You know, I just realised that even if I bleed out, I can't die so I'll survive until I can get healed. Hmm...))
Attempt erasing of wounds again.

You again try to ignore the pain enough to cast. ENDURANCE: [3 + 1(STR)] = 4
You close your eyes, focus on clearing your mind, and try to erase the wounds. VOID: [4 + 1(Void) - 1(No Spell) - 1(No Casting Item) - 1(Pain)] = 2
No matter how much of a badass you are, it's hard to concentrate when you've been filled with holes. Though you were unable to erase your wounds, you've made a revelation regarding mental casting (mental casting is the ability to cast without physical items - one rank removes the penalty for not having a casting item). Level Up - You now have one rank in mental casting.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:37:35 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2014, 01:54:49 pm »

<I do believe we've found our goal, dear! Be a dear and lay some eggs, will you?>

If she does this, make sure to fertilize the eggs appropriately. Have to populate the land, you see. It's what I do. If she does not feel like it, relax in the pool a while.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »

"hrmmm..."
Run another scan.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

Try again.
"Dammit, why won't this work?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 24, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

Out of curiosity on what would happen, throw a fireball right in front of Rune's cannon right before he shoots it, if he does.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:52:09 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2014, 05:05:00 pm »

Sit on the fence and look around for a source of the voice, readying my gun.
Hello?
(It seems that you haven't updated my character at all, and I'd like to keep track of my inventory. Could you do that please?)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:07:11 pm by tjmaxx999 »

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »

UUUUUGH, first i lose the keys for a while and now i have to figure out how to open the door... how thick is this anyway?
tap on the door and if possible just try to slide it open

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

Try to access the computer. If I can't, then get Preator to do it

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2014, 06:51:59 pm »

Never give up! Keep trying.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Nunzillor

« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

"PREPARE YOURSELVES," US-2497 communicates to the assembled units.  It then projects the following towards the huge colossus in the square: "GREETINGS FELLOW AUTOMATON.  QUERY: ARE YOU FRIEND OR FOE?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:42:23 pm by Nunzillor »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2014, 03:19:03 pm »

curl up in a ball
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »

Update will be coming tonight.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:12 pm »

Find a new target for Rune.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:39:28 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »

"Energy critical. Vent mandatory."
Aim at the power station. Turn it to ashes
After the decimation was complete, Rune turned towards the small army of assembled robots, and quickly sent out electrical pulses which effectively communicated the following message:
"Leave now or I WILL be a foe."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:03:50 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 51