Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103693 times)

Nunzillor

Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2014, 06:26:37 pm »

"THIS UNIT WAS JUST THINKING OF BLOWING IT UP, BUT LET'S SEE...

((Earlier post edited to include seeing if the mechanisms are hackable))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:28:41 pm by Nunzillor »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2014, 01:29:12 pm »

(( Sorry guys, wasn't able to post last night, and am in a situation where I can't post full turns (i.e., my phone). Expect an update anywhere from Saturday to Monday. In the meantime, I'm missing a few posts! missing a post from my favorite bronze colossus! Inconceivable!  Try to update on time, guys. ))

Edit (Post Rune Update): Alright, thanks! I'll try to get this turn handled as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:10:16 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2014, 01:53:29 pm »

Fire again!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2014, 11:05:26 am »

Bump? :c
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2014, 11:10:55 am »

Huh. Forgot about this. Is this dead?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nunzillor

« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »

Well, he said he was gonna post between Sunday and Monday, and we are still within that period.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2014, 10:50:36 am »

Turn 11

Update Music.

Sorry for the delay folks. We'll be on the normal schedule this week; sketchiness occurs next week.
Also, don't ever mistake this thread for dead! If I plan on stopping this train wreck, I'll make sure to end it with a bang. Lateness of schedule usually means computer problems, vacation, and business.

And...still need to update character sheets. Sorry guys, been crazy recently.

Fire again!

((i assume i can morph into ethereal now right? or do i need to eat the whole of him?))
Morph smoke and sprint toward another building that look intact

Rune Initiative: [6 - 1(DEX)] = 5; CRIT
Vot'el Initiative: [3 + 2(DEX)] = 5

Rune fires his cannon at Vot'el. ARM-WEAPON: [3 - 1(DEX) + 1(Aimed) + 1(Arm-Weapon)] = 4 VS DODGE: [4 + 2(DEX)] = 6
Vot'el manages to avoid getting hit directly with the weapon. POWER: [1 + 1(Charge)] = 2; CRIT FAIL
The beam slices through where Vot'el was standing a moment earlier, but no explosions. Only disappointment.

Vot'el, after diving out of the way of the beam cannon, tries to morph into smoke. MORPHING: [6] = 6; OVERSHOT?
You morph into smoke form, but overdo it a bit...you form a thick black cloud of choking gas, but it is much heavier than you are used to, and isn't as easy to move around in. You frantically try to float away from Rune. FLOATING?: [4 + 2(DEX) - 1(Unfamiliar Form) - 2(Heavy Gas)] = 3
Despite the difficulties, you make good speed. You head towards the store-like buildings. You also try to keep Ethereal with you. AFFINITY: [3 + 2(Heavy Gas)] = 5
Although the heavy gas makes you slower, it is much easier to keep Ethereal. You bind him up in the smoke, and drag him along.

attack the man with my knife

More void magic, this time on my attacker.

Alex Initiative: [5 ] = 5
Zack Initiative: [1 - 2(Tired) - 1(DEX)] = -2; CRIT FAIL

Alex draws his knife and swings at Zack furiously; though, his bloodlust has worn off, making him realize his pain. KNIFE: [4 - 1(Cut Hands)] = 3 VS DODGE: [1 - 2(Tired) - 1(DEX)] = -2; CRIT FAIL
The knife connects with Zack's belly. POWER: [3 + 1(STR)] = 4
Zack's belly is pierced by the knife, cutting a severe wound. ENDURANCE: [5 - 1(STR)] = 4
He manages to remain standing, but is in extreme pain. The wound feels bad. You could use a meal.

Zack, despite his pain and exhaustion, concentrates on casting void magic at his attacker. VOID: [6 - 2(Tired) - 1(Pain) -1 (No Casting Item) - 1(No Wand) + 1(Void)] = 2; OVERSHOT
Despite being in extreme poor circumstances to cast, you focus long enough to summon a terrifying shadow of dark energy. It uses your strength even further. You are now exhausted (-3 to casting rolls, DEX rolls, and some STR rolls).
The shadow slides forward, casting its dark presence around. BADASSERY: [4] = 4
Alex, despite the fear aura, stands his ground. The shadow attacks him. SHADOW: [6 - 1(Spell Power)] = 5; OVERSHOT? VS WILL: [3] = 3
The shadow slides forward, and once it surrounds Alex, it explodes into dark fragments of itself. He falls into a nightmare, unable to escape.

(INSIDE THE NIGHTMARE)
Dark shadows are all around, floating around you. You are on a road. The exit, a door in the middle of nowhere, stands roughly fifty feet down the road. Desert surrounds you on all side. The sky is black. You could use a meal.

"GOOD WORK!  LET'S CREATE SOME MORE!"
Make 10 more low grade explosives from the cleaning materials.

Then: "COMBAT UNITS: BREAK INTO SQUADS OF 3 AND SCOUT THE AREA.  WE MUST FIND A WAY TO CONTACT OTHER UNITS ON THIS PLANET.  LOOK FOR A COMMUNICATIONS CENTER.  BRING YOUR WEAPONS AND ONE EXPLOSIVE.  RETURN HERE AFTER 3 STANDARD EARTH HOURS.  THIS UNIT WILL LEAD ONE SUCH SQUAD.

Bring any food in the store and an explosive and lead two combat units to the gate that Fumbles described to us earlier.

If Mop sees Fumbles at the gate: "GREETINGS.  FOUND ANYTHING INTERESTING?  THIS UNIT HAS BROUGHT YOU SOME FOOD.  THE CLEANBOT MOVEMENT TAKES CARE OF ITS ALLIES."
Give Fumbles the food.  Then inspect the gate.  Can its mechanisms be hacked?

"Thanks. *savagely consumes all the food* You're robots right. do you think you could hotwire this mechanism?"

You quickly bark the orders, grab a few raw steaks, the explosive, and head outside. Once there, you hand the food to  Fumbles, who devours it hungrily. You inspect the gate. COMPUTERS: [1 + 2(IQ)] = 3; CRIT FAIL
Despite your intelligence, you've just never come in contact with this type of computer before. You have no idea whether it can be hacked. You relay as much to Fumbles. (no retries on this roll)

Read the second spell and look around my general area some more, trying to take in all the details.

You take out the second piece of paper, and read it. READ MAGIC: [5 + 1(IQ)] = 6
The spell is an EARTH spell. It is Craft Magic Device (4). You look around after reading it; you see that you are in an aisle, and that the two shelves are next to you. There are groceries and stuff on the shelves.

Control my magic so as to not burn the book. Open it and read a bit. Crackpot theories, fantasy, folklore, or something that might actually be correct information?

You open the book and read the introduction. (Secret Roll :) )
Whoever wrote this book was extremely well-read on fairies; the introduction is magnificently written, and it seems that this book probably holds alot of accurate information about fairies, fae, and mythical creatures.

I know that too well... Drrax!

Leave the Megamart in search of meatbits. Hm... In the direction of houses. Might even set up my lair there later.

You head over to the line of apartment buildings. You head to a random house. LUCK: [5] = 5
You walk into the apartment. Nothing bothers you, and you look around in search of food. LOOTING: [2 + 2(Loot Value; i.e., the luck roll)] = 4
You find a fridge stocked with everyday items; sliced turkey, cheese, eggs, beer, frozen meals, bread, condiments, fruit, and an uncooked chicken.
The fridge is in the "main room", along with a bed, TV, couch, etc. There is a door in the back of the room.

"<Water! Wonderful!>"

Bathe in the waters of the tub, and urge my wife to do the same.

Afterward, explore the house further!

You bathe, relaxing in the tub. Your wife does the same. WILL: [2 - 2(IQ)] = 0
The water feels so nice that you fall asleep under their effects. You take a quick nap. You are now relaxed (+1 on next non-combat roll).

Go to the large building and find a door or window that I can enter. If none exist, grab Preator and blink into the building

You walk over to the big building. There are double doors that you slip inside. The room's lighting is unlit, but sunlight streams in through the glass window panes lining the walls. You appear to be in a reception room; there is a receptionists desk in the center, and three doors; one in the back, and two to the sides.

wonder what happened here?
walk into the house and look for food and test the stove to see if it works.

You look around for food. LOOTING: [3 + 1(Loot Value)] = 4
Before long, you find the food. You discover some bacon, cheese, eggs, milk, yogurt, raman, and a few frozen meals. You test the stove, and discover that it works.

Make sure the gun is loaded and look for something I can attach the knife to the gun with as a bayonet.

You load the gun, and loot the house for something to craft with. LOOTING: [4] = 4
You discover a roll of duct tape. CRAFTING: [5 + 1(IQ)] = 6
You duct tape the knife to the rifle expertly, creating a makeshift bayonet. You try it out, and discover that it is very sturdy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:31:41 pm by DontBanTheMan »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:36 am »

Can I hotwire it?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:38 am »

Stomp after him, charging my laser. Keep him in my line of sight.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

Find some food.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2014, 12:40:19 pm »

((You lost me in update somehow.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »

((So you did me; are you still working on the turn?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2014, 02:32:02 pm »

((You lost me in update somehow.))

((So you did me; are you still working on the turn?))

(( Completely missed you; sorry about that. Got up too early >.> added you both in.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2014, 03:00:14 pm »

Read further. Create exposition for the world, i.e. read aloud so everyone can hear through their meta-senses.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:05:26 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2014, 03:31:36 pm »

((How does "Craft Magic Device" work exactly? Do I cast it on a lot of plain items and it creates a magical one?))

Explore the building.

(( The spell works in that either you CREATE a magic weapon from scratch OR you imbue a mundane weapon with magic. With the first method, it is more difficult and requires more exotic materials (you don't know what materials - you'll have to acquire a book or knowledge on that), while the second method consumes more time and energy. With either method, but more unique to the second one, weapons that have done great deeds or killed alot of people, etc. will tend to be more powerful, or gain new abilities based on the deeds committed.  The spell can be extremely taxing, time-consuming, and resource-intensive, but can create unique items. ))

Read further. Create exposition for the world.

(( Mind clarifying what you mean? ))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:35:19 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51