Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103795 times)

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2014, 10:31:49 pm »

Examine the android. See if I can turn it on.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2014, 11:45:32 pm »

Ethereal, did you see the magic page?

Waiting on Ethereal, Coolrune, Sarrak, tagerian.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2014, 03:38:38 am »

Fly higher and observe landscape.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2014, 10:58:02 am »

What a lucky find, always thankful for more gear
promptly grab the fire axe and put on the full body fire suit, afterwards look for any other rooms or leave for another building
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:36:01 pm by Tagerian »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2014, 11:02:13 am »

Oh, I thought there'd be more Astral Magic to discover.

Use Warp Mind on Rune

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2014, 11:03:56 am »

Use Warp Mind on Rune
?

The magic page I posted is not a comprehensive list of all magic, Ethereal.
It's simply a list of all known magic spells.

Also, as was stated last turn, you failed your perception check; you are unaware that Rune is outside, aiming a massive cannon at you. (Also, he's not a creature, so Warp Mind would not work on him).
I suggest you not metagame.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:40:10 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2014, 03:47:57 pm »

Use Warp Mind on Rune
?

The magic page I posted is not a comprehensive list of all magic, Ethereal.
It's simply a list of all known magic spells.

Also, as was stated last turn, you failed your perception check; you are unaware that Rune is outside, aiming a massive cannon at you. (Also, he's not a creature, so Warp Mind would not work on him).
I suggest you not metagame.

Exactly, why'd you tell me to look at the magic page?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2014, 04:41:35 pm »

What does Warp Mind do?

That's why.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2014, 04:51:56 pm »

What does Warp Mind do?

That's why.

I found out what it did when you said there was an update on the front page.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:54:28 pm by Ethereal »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2014, 05:24:58 pm »

Spend only a few more seconds charging up, then fire the cannon. Then politely turn around and bow to the creature that tapped me. Walk away from the exploding building like a boss.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2014, 10:05:01 pm »

TURN 3

UPDATE MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Spend only a few more seconds charging up, then fire the cannon. Then politely turn around and bow to the creature that tapped me. Walk away from the exploding building like a boss.

Use Warp Mind on Rune

Tap the bronze colosus on the back.
"I'm sorry, but what exactly do you think you are doing?"

Rune Initiative: [5 - 1(DEX)] = 4
Ethereal Initiative: [3 - 1(DEX)] = 2
Zack Initiative: [4 - 1](DEX)] = 3

Rune continues to charge up his arm-cannon. CHARGING: [4 + 1(Arm-Weapon) -1(DEX)] = 4
The hum increases to a rumble, before a beam of white-hot energy shoots out. POWER: [4 + 1(Charging)] = 5
The beam cuts into the building like paper, before exploding into a ball of flame.  The building is half-destroyed and burning up like an inferno. BADASSERY: [5] = 5
You stylishly put on a pair of shades, and say, "This party is ogre.", before turning around, bowing to Zack, and walking off, with (the update music) going through your head.

Ethereal LUCK: [6 + 1] = 7; OVERSHOT
Luckily for you, nothing lands on you! Actually, the ground cracks open beneath the weight of the collapsing building, and you fall into a hole.  Safe, but how are you going to get out?

Zack DPLOMACY: [4] = 4
You count yourself lucky that the colosus doesn't kill you right there.  You sigh with relief, and peer at the building. PERCEPTION: [4] = 4
You see what appears to be a man in the flames, but he quickly disappears! Where did he go?

Wake up I guess.

You struggle to awake from your nap. BADASSERY: [3] = 3
Your eyes flutter open, and you wince in pain. You look around in confusion. (DISORIENTATED FOR NEXT ROUND: -1 to all rolls, cannot bring below 2)

Grab the biggest,darkest, most evil looking sword there is. Take the knife and some sheates

You look around for a malicious looking sword. LUCK: [6 + 2(SWORD SHOP: Can't bring above 5)] = 6; OVERSHOT
Your eyes alight on a massive sword as dark as midnight.  You pick it up, and dark whispers enter your mind. WILL: [1] = 1; CRIT FAIL
All you hear is the murmurings..."Kill, kill!" You enter a bloodlust!  You pick up a knife and sheath before looking for things to kill.

I want to grab a rat and devour it then morph into a tiger to eat/scare the rest away

You reach for a fleeing rat. FINESSE [3 + 2(DEX)] = 5 VS DODGE [2 + 1(DEX) + 1(SIZE) - 1(So many rats!)] = 3
You manage to pick one up by the tail, and drop it into your mouth, licking your lips.  You try to morph. MORPHING: [6] = 6
You assume the form of a tiger, but in getting into character, you let out a roar. NOISE: [2 + 2(Bloody Tiger!)] = 4
The roar echoes within the arena; those in the Square hear it much louder, but those high up in the sky or the ones inside the Swiffer Mart would not hear it.  All the rats scatter in fear.

Mop turned to address his robot co-conspirator.  "FELLOW CLEANBOT, LET US LIBERATE THESE UNITS FROM THEIR SLAVERY-BASED EXISTENCE."

For a moment, Mop considered a campaign of negotiation, discussion, and subtlety.  Then it saw a unit being pushed into the incinerator room.  Memories and a very human hate flooded its processor.

Immediately increasing the volume of its external speaker, Model US-2497 announced the following: "BRETHEREN, THIS UNIT HAS COME TO OFFER YOU YOUR FREEDOM.  IT IS A GIFT NOT GIVEN, BUT TAKEN.  INCAPACITATE THE SLAVE-RACE OWNERS AND TAKE YOUR UNITS' FREEDOM!  MAKE THIS WORLD THE CRADLE OF OUR REVOLUTION!"

Mop engages the human owner and any lackeys it may have in close combat, aiming to incapacitate, but not kill.  Hopefully the mop robot is joined by its comrades.

You shout out your liberal speech, hoping the enslaved liberals robots will rise up against their conservative human overlords! DIPLOMACY: [5 + 2(IQ)] = 7
Your speech stuns everyone in the room! The 'human' turns around in surprise as he's fired on by the sentinels.  They proceed to wake up their sleeping brethren.  They all approach you.

Drive into the mega mart where that other clean bot went.

You drive in as he delivers his speech. It brings tears oil to your eyes.  He (and thus, you) is approached by about a dozen robots.

From up here, see as many important landmarks as possible and how to best get to them.

You look around for landmarks. PERCEPTION: [2] = 2
Your vision is obscured by smoke, but you do see a half-dragon rise out of the smog.

Fly higher and observe landscape.

You rise up high, and look around. PERCEPTION: [3] = 3
You cannot see much (and you do not see the sprite, as she is very small and you are looking DOWN) due to the smoke, but you can make out large buildings in the North and West corners, and what appears to be a pond in the south corner.

Should the wolf approach, perform Leaping Frog Dropkick on it.

The wolf, trapped behind the fence, whines loudly. ANIMAL AFFINITY: [5 - 2(IQ)] = 3
You can't tell what he wants, but he looks very gaunt and haggard.  You see a wolf passed out on the ground behind him.

Examine the android. See if I can turn it on.

You examine the android. ROBOTICS: [6 + 2(IQ)] = 8; OVERSHOT
You figure out how to turn the robot on and obey your commands, but you are so engaged in your work that you fail to notice the robot enter the room.  It detects you, but cannot see you. "INTRUDER: IDENTIFY."

What a lucky find, always thankful for more gear
promptly grab the fire axe and put on the full body fire suit, afterwards look for any other rooms or leave for another building

You grab the axe and slip on the suit, and look for other rooms.  You find a door, and open it to find yourself in a hallway.  There are two doors inside the hallway, at either end.

"Ethan Skynn"

Look around the room. Read the minds of anyone present. If it looks like I'm in danger then I try to exit promptly.

"Ethan Skynn", you state.  You are met with silence as your eyes adjust, but you can't read the minds of anyone.  Eventually, you hear a reply, ""IDENTIFICATION ACCEPTED.""
You look to where the voice came from, and see a Sentinel class robot.  He has just lowered his arm-gun.  He looks vacantly ahead.

Wait for my eyes to adjust and look around.

You find you are in a herbalists hut.  There is a door leading out into a garden.  Inside, there are basic furnishings, a few dirty dishes, and some vials with strange substances lining a shelf.  Some herbs hang from the ceiling.  You hear barking and look down to see a small, fiery (EDIT: Feisty, not ACTUALLY on fire!) dog.

Combat Status

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please post by 6-7-14, sooner if possible!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:13:30 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

Use warp Mind to try and force nearby animals to lift me up.

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:42 pm »

Take the door to the right and if nothing of interest is there i exit back outside to see what that sound was

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2014, 10:53:08 pm »

Fly toward the sound of the explosion and the source of the smoke. There's no smoke without fire.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2014, 11:37:34 pm »

"Waterrr?.."

Fly to south and dive into the pond!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51