Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103813 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

Is it too late to sign up for this?

Name: George "Rustbucket" Goodwin
Race: Human
Crime:PILLAGING THEE SEVEN SEAS
Preferred Stats: 1:STR, 2:DEX, 3:IQ
Starting Skills: Firearms, Swordsmanship
Bio: A PIRATE OF YE SEVEN SEAS, GEORGE HAS RAPED AND PILLAGED ENTIRE TOWNS, UNDER HIS MIGHTY CREW! He was so mighty, he even obtained immortality, which unfortunately caused his flesh to fall off. He was then unceremoniously yanked to Tartarus.

Characteristic: Immortal.

I'll add you to the waitlist.

Still waiting for PTDFun.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2014, 10:09:33 pm »

I go up to the far left of the small buildings and enter.
Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2014, 12:43:27 am »

TURN 2

Next post scheduled for Wednesday, June 4, but feel free to post earlier than that.
Spent a lot of time making this post; I'll try to update character sheets tomorrow morning.

Vaporize the building. Nothing shall stand in my way.
Decipher the spell on the page.

Rune Initiative: [3 - 1(DEX)] = 2
Ethereal Initiative: [2 - 1(DEX)] = 1

Rune charges up his arm laser, aiming at the large building which Ethereal had run into moments before. CHARGING: [3 - 1(DEX) + 1(Arm-Weapon)] = 3
Calculating the energy needed to take down the building will be massive, Rune redirects all power to his arm-weapon.  A low hum begins...the weapon is charging. ((More rounds charging (Esp. with good charging rolls) = more powerful shot))

A low hum begins outside as Ethereal unrolls his scroll. PERCEPTION: [3] = 3
He is too distracted trying to decipher the scroll to hear the low humming. READ MAGIC: [4 + 3(IQ)] = 7
Ethereal succeeds in figuring out what the spell is.  He has added Warp Mind (4)* to his spell list!

"Damn robot. I'll do it my self."
Dragon fire!

SWIFFER MEGAMART... THE IMPRISONED WITHIN MUST BE FREED.  CLEANBOT DESIGNATION MOP WILL BE THEIR SALVATION.

Carefully roll into the megamart, looking for any cleanbot units that can be saved from Swiffer slavery.

Edit: Unless, of course, I am attacked.  In this purely hypothetical situation, let the following occur instead:

AGGRESSION TOWARD THIS UNIT UNSUBSTANTIATED.  QUERY: ATTACKER IS SWIFFER ASSASSIN?

Set mopping intensity to 300%.  Mop to kill.

David Initiative: [1] = 1; CRIT FAIL
US-2497 Initiative: [6 + 2(DEX)] = 8; CRIT SUCCESS

SUPER INITIATIVE! **

David loses his head in the moment, as US-2497, not seeing any sign of aggression, rolls away from his would-be attacker.
US-2497 rolls into the mega mart and looks around for other enslaved liberals robots! PERCEPTION: [3] = 3
He sees a line of 'sleeping' robots pushed against a wall. They are guarded by a combat model.  He also sees a familiar-looking room. Smoke pours from it; there is a robot being pushed inside by what appears to be a man.

David shakes his head, losing a few precious seconds to his thoughts.  He runs down the alleyway towards the Swiffer Mart. RUNNING: [6] = 6; OVERSHOT.
Your wings help you build momentum, and within a few flaps, you are hurtling toward the mart.  You run so fast, you crash into the sliding doors before they open! [1 + 1(STR)] = 2; CRIT FAIL
The young dragon slams against the glass door pathetically, falling to the ground in a heap.  It opens seconds later. ENDURANCE: [1 + 1(STR)] = 2; CRIT FAIL
You somehow slammed your head against the metal lining the door! You've knocked yourself unconscious, but your scales protected you from much damage.

go in the buildings. Ignore bleeding from metal shard, considering I can't die.

You look around the building that you ran into earlier. PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
You appear to be standing in a small store. LUCK: [6] = 6; OVERSHOT
The walls are lined with weapons; swords, axes, spiked gauntlets.  There are also several guns.  As you pick up a sword to examine, a knife strapped to the ceiling comes loose! REFLEX: [4] = 4
You dive aside, and the knife clatters harmlessly to the ground.
Your hand hurts. The bleeding continues.

Put the bib on and Become ethereal then walk around the building looking for lifesign and whatever item that might be useful also if i find any vermin or rodent i would devour them

You strap on your bib, and attempt to assume a smoky form. MORPHING: [6] = 6; OVERSHOT
You put on your bib and melt into smoke; as you float to the ground however, you see several dozen rats! You are mobbed! FORTITUDE: [1] = 1
The smoke is dissipated by the horde, as they desperately try to find something edible.  You are forced to morph back into physical form or risk losing yourself. MORPHING: [4] = 4
Fortunately, you are not harmed as you morph back.  The rats flee back under their hiding place as you take your larger form; they were cowering under a bed.

Put my spellbook and now powerless gun back into my storage compartment.

"Greetings, people."

You place your objects back into your storage compartment, and look around the Square.  You are one of the few left.  The disabled robot lies in front of you.
"Greetings, people." (You may now speak freely with any who are remaining in the area; post conversation in thread, replying to the other's comment.)

Go exploring.

"Well, I'll go see what this new world has to offer.
"

You fly up in search of things to explore. PERCEPTION: [3 + 1(HEIGHT)] = 4
You travel up into the air, and look around the massive room.  It appears to be a cube.  Your eyes take time to adjust, but you notice that the cube's "corners" are to the north, east, west, and south, in a diamond shape.

"Rrrax..."

Eat the half-fried viper and take off into the air to observe surrounding landscape from above.

Sarvex Initiative: [4 + 1(DEX)] = 5
Viper Initiative: [1 + 1(DEX)] = 2; CRIT FAIL

You sprint over to the fleeing viper and try to swipe it up! FINESSE: [5 + 1(DEX)] = 6 VS [1 + 1(DEX)] = 2; CRIT FAIL (RIP viper. You had the shittiest luck imaginable).
You swipe up the viper and deftly break it's neck, before dropping it down your throat.  You lick your lips and leap up into the air.

Sit around in the pool to keep moist. Look around and judge if there seem to be larger bodies of water in the distance.

You soak in the water, and activate your water senses! PERCEPTION: [4] = 4
There is no other water in the immediate vicinity.  You DO see a wolf behind a fence looking at you hungrily, however.

Blink toward the nearest building that no one is going to.

You focus on the building that the knife guy just left, and concentrate... ASTRAL: [5 + 2(IQ)] = 7
In a blink of the eye, you appear inside the building.  Behind you is the locked door.  PERCEPTION: [4] = 4
The room is brightly lit.  You hear an electric hum emanating from above.  There are stairs in the corner, a table with a cup of cold coffee on it, and a couch.  A deactivated combat android lies in the center of the room.

hmmmmmmmm what bad luck to find a locked building...
Wander aimlessly toward a taller building to find a pad

You wander aimlessly. LUCK: [5] = 5
You find yourself hurrying outside the square, running down the alleyway between the Large building and the one you just left. You enter a door on your left.  You find yourself in a decently sized room. A pool of water takes up the right side of the room, assorted furniture the left.  You see a fire axe, a hose, and a pile of buckets.  A full-body fire suit is there as well.

I go up to the far left of the small buildings and enter.
You run along the street, as a robot whirs past you, followed by a speeding dragon.  You laugh silently to yourself as you see it knock itself out.  You try for the door. LUCK: [1] = 1; CRIT FAIL
You enter and go inside; you hear a robotic voice.
"INTRUDER. PRESENT IDENTIFICATION."

Look around again for anything I can hide in.

You regain your footing and look around for a place to hole out. PERCEPTION: [3 + 1(PERCEPTION)] = 4
You ignore many of the more dangerous-looking areas, and see a little hut.  You run inside.  It is too dark inside to see. (Eyes not yet adjusted)

Examine the large building.

You examine the large building. [4] = 4
The building is very large.  There is a massive bronze colossus standing in front of it.  There is a hum emanating from him.  You can make out a piece of paper in a glass case attached to the front.  There is one door leading in, currently closed.  It is three stories.  It is rather simple, made out of wood and steel.

COMBAT STATUS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Did you know? The number in parentheses is the spell difficulty/power!
** Did you know? Super initiative occurs when one side CRITS and another side CRIT FAILS.  The one who CRIT FAILED does not to get to go in the round of combat!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:53:13 am by DontBanTheMan »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2014, 01:06:57 am »

From up here, see as many important landmarks as possible and how to best get to them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2014, 03:19:24 am »

I want to grab a rat and devour it then morph into a tiger to eat/scare the rest away
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:46:15 pm by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2014, 03:51:16 am »

Should the wolf approach, perform Leaping Frog Dropkick on it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2014, 04:00:26 am »

Tap the bronze colosus on the back.
"I'm sorry, but what exactly do you think you are doing?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2014, 06:21:03 am »

Grab the biggest,darkest, most evil looking sword there is. Take the knife and some sheates
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:25 am »

What does Warp Mind do?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2014, 01:02:47 pm »

Massive update to the front page; I suggest you guys check it out.

Also, Varee, please bold your actions.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:11 pm »

Open my spellbook and place the paper with Warp Mind in it, then read the other pages, and if there is none, force spells to be on them.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2014, 02:48:31 pm »

Wait for my eyes to adjust and look around.

Nunzillor

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2014, 05:41:43 pm »

Mop turned to address his robot co-conspirator.  "FELLOW CLEANBOT, LET US LIBERATE THESE UNITS FROM THEIR SLAVERY-BASED EXISTENCE."

For a moment, Mop considered a campaign of negotiation, discussion, and subtlety.  Then it saw a unit being pushed into the incinerator room.  Memories and a very human hate flooded its processor.

Immediately increasing the volume of its external speaker, Model US-2497 announced the following: "BRETHEREN, THIS UNIT HAS COME TO OFFER YOU YOUR FREEDOM.  IT IS A GIFT NOT GIVEN, BUT TAKEN.  INCAPACITATE THE SLAVE-RACE OWNERS AND TAKE YOUR UNITS' FREEDOM!  MAKE THIS WORLD THE CRADLE OF OUR REVOLUTION!"

Mop engages the human owner and any lackeys it may have in close combat, aiming to incapacitate, but not kill.  Hopefully the mop robot is joined by its comrades.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:55:26 pm by Nunzillor »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2014, 06:18:41 pm »

Wake up I guess.

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2014, 08:22:04 pm »

"Ethan Skynn"

Look around the room. Read the minds of anyone present. If it looks like I'm in danger then I try to exit promptly.
Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51