Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Roll to Survive- A City of Chaos (Part 2: Chaos)  (Read 4596 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive- A City of Chaos (Part 2: Chaos)
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »

((Looking out from the door, if you looked to the left, that would be the direction the shot sounded from. The shot impacted the ground to the right of the line of people. It could have echoed and came from the right, and missed completely, or it could have come from the left, and overshot. Melody is the only one who knows exactly where it came from.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:30 pm »

Use the bullets impact area to try and judge the shots angle and locate the sniper, stay hidden as I do so and then try to sneak up on the sniper.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:07 pm »

Determine severity of said injury.

If not terribly serious:
Search the warehouse for anything useful despite the injured ankle.
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »

Wait until the shooting stops, loot the building for anything edible.

blazing glory

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »

See what's inside the warehouse and search for anything useful.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »

Use the bullets impact area to try and judge the shots angle and locate the sniper, stay hidden as I do so and then try to sneak up on the sniper.
5: You peek your head out an inch, and calculate the trajectory. You then look at where you think it came from, and Bingo! You see a sniper rifle pointing out of a window! You think about trying to sneak up on him, but you realize he's over a hundred feet away from you, and on approximately the thirtieth floor of an apartments building. Even if you could get all the way to him without being shot, you'd probably need a keycard to access his room. You consider your options.

Determine severity of said injury.

If not terribly serious:
Search the warehouse for anything useful despite the injured ankle.
4: You quickly check your injury, and see that it's hardly bleeding. You decide it is unimportant, and you search the warehouse for quite a while. [2] All you find is a few reinforced crates that you currently do not see a way to open.

Wait until the shooting stops, loot the building for anything edible.
5: You check around the warehouse for anything, and you quickly find a small crate that opens easily. Inside are several boxes of strawberries. You unload them and then look around some more. Holy crap! Is that a fork-lift in the corner?! Oh, wait, someone just dashed over and got in. You'll have to find another, it seems, unless you want to try to fight him for it.

See what's inside the warehouse and search for anything useful.
6: You've barely started looking around when your eyes snap to a forklift a short distance away, and you dash towards it glee-fully. You see another person eyeing it hopefully, so you get in before he has any ideas. The keys are still in the ignition! Sweet!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »

Take some strawberries, then show the others. Look through any windows or open doors to determine if there's a possibly safer place nearby.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2014, 02:37:16 pm »

Take some strawberries, then show the others. Look through any windows or open doors to determine if there's a possibly safer place nearby.
Assist this guy in determining a safe escape route.
Melody also tries to get the forklift guy to notice the reinforced crates that maaaaay help provide some cover/protection. Maybe.

blazing glory

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2014, 05:24:53 pm »

Drive my forklift over to the reinforced crates,mount them on the forklift's....prongs? I don't know what their called.

((Alright then,so we sorta have a plan,if we mount the reinforced crates on the prongs,then the forklift can lift them and protect me while I'm driving,the rest of you can hide behind the forklift for cover,it isn't too good but it's the best plan we have.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:46:12 pm by blazing glory »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2014, 05:40:59 pm »

Follow the group from the shadows.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:14 pm »

4: The bus driver gives you a slap on the back when he sees you've discovered food, then turns around and starts telling some of the other civilians on the bus to start loading the strawberries back into the crates and put it on the forklift. They spring into action and start loading. You then look around a bit. You see a stairwell leading to a small catwalk, and several doors. You also see a garage door at the other end, and a wall-mounted button linked to the garage door. You also see several windows, but they are high above reach-height. A few are accessibly from the catwalk, however. So far as escape plans go, there's not much to escape by.

Assist this guy in determining a safe escape route.
Melody also tries to get the forklift guy to notice the reinforced crates that maaaaay help provide some cover/protection. Maybe.
5: You walk over to him and point out some windows, but he just nods and tells you he's seen them already. Then you locate a small patch of uneven ground, and walk over to investigate. There is a handle in the ground here, and a square of small cuts into the stone floor. It looks like a trap-door. Who knows where it leads?

Drive my forklift over to the reinforced crates,mount them on the forklift's....prongs? I don't know what their called.

((Alright then,so we sorta have a plan,if we mount the reinforced crates on the prongs,then the forklift can lift them and protect me while I'm driving,the rest of you can hide behind the forklift for cover,best plan we have.))
2: You try a bit, but you can't get the engine working. You fiddle around a bit, but you can't seem to get it turned on. The bus driver notices and walks over, followed by several people hefting a crate loaded with strawberries.5

Follow the group from the shadows.
5: You find a nice, shadowy patch, and a tarp. You crawl under the tarp, and turn around to watch the group. The group seems to be moving a crate over to a forklift. Said forklift also has a pilot who is trying and failing to turn it on.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »

Open the trapdoor if possible, if not, place a foot on it so I won't lose it and try to get the attention of some of the others.

blazing glory

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

Find an instruction manual.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:32:57 pm by blazing glory »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2014, 05:58:55 pm »

(By the way- something your character doesn't know- it's operating the wrong button. He's trying to turn the engine on via using the forklift up-and-down lever. :P Learn how to operate a dang machine!)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »

Open the garage door just enough to see what's outside.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5