Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59157 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

That could be next week, next month, next year, or never as things stand unless you use a VPN or tunneling software.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

If you really can't stand waiting a bit then by all means join another team. I'll post in the thread when people can reconnect, and you can return if you so choose.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm active actually (using pingzapper, got tired of waiting) , but I've mostly been playing on another account and not been able to get in the team. It is rather lonely.  :(

I've been enjoying force lately. I could use some advice though, there's a few more considerations to make than with other classes. At this rate I'll end up asking about every class hehe.
Anyway I was thinking of something like this. Wasn't sure wich element(s) to focus on, I figure I should take two to specialize in if I go force/techer. I thought I'd play around with passive pp regen boosts and charge techniques. Shock techs seemed like the most interesting in force but somewhat geared for uncharged use, while fire has the faster charge speed but is rather uninteresting imo, and ice is pretty cool to. For techer I'm torn between wind and light techs. Don't know where any of those stand in terms of effectiveness.
Are uncharged techs ever useful? I noticed there's some skills for it, and even a potential that drastically increases their strength.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

My apologies for not being on, but I'm overstuffed with games to play recently so this came as something of a pleasant surprise. In the future I'll be sure to apply invite privledges to more then myself. GirlInHat technically got them, but they're not active.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm active actually (using pingzapper, got tired of waiting) , but I've mostly been playing on another account and not been able to get in the team. It is rather lonely.  :(

I've been enjoying force lately. I could use some advice though, there's a few more considerations to make than with other classes. At this rate I'll end up asking about every class hehe.
Anyway I was thinking of something like this. Wasn't sure wich element(s) to focus on, I figure I should take two to specialize in if I go force/techer. I thought I'd play around with passive pp regen boosts and charge techniques. Shock techs seemed like the most interesting in force but somewhat geared for uncharged use, while fire has the faster charge speed but is rather uninteresting imo, and ice is pretty cool to. For techer I'm torn between wind and light techs. Don't know where any of those stand in terms of effectiveness.
Are uncharged techs ever useful? I noticed there's some skills for it, and even a potential that drastically increases their strength.

I played a lightning force to lv45, lightning can be pretty fun, but 3 of its more powerful spells are really meant to be used with a talis, they can be used without one, but then are centered around you and are really unsafe and unreliable to use. Diverting 5 points from Tech Charge Advance 2 into Talis Tech Bonus would probably be a good idea when it comes to lightning techs.

Yesterday I ran into Jelle completely randomly during EQ's.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:20:45 am by Ygdrad »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soo update on this for those of you waiting for news. Supposably sega has fixed the 107 errors on their end and are now finished working on the problem.

I have not tried to connect to the game myself yet, but I can connect to pso2.jp without problem. I hear there's a bunch of players who cannot connect yet though, which does not sound good. If you can't connect yet it's not a bad idea to contact your isp, apparently some have a built in security measure for ddos attacks where they block acces to the targeted party but I have no idea if that's true. Either way, unlike a regular ban where a request would be blocked at the end of the server those not managing to connect yet get blocked by their isp, so it's probable if you can't connect yet the problem is not on sega's end (or they went around and requested isps to block traffic to them, and haven't gotten around to unblocking yet?).

Hope everyone can connect now!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:11:27 am by Jelle »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I called my ISP, Cogeco, about the problem and was able to talk to someone who knew what was going on right away. I was told that yes, multiple ISP's are blocking traffic, but not only to pso2.jp, but all sites and servers from their host (81.88.48.95) because they have insufficient security measures in place and the present breaches allow stuff like phishing, traffic redirecting and IP spoofing, it is also vulnerable to the Zeus botnet. I was told that there were not only attacks directed AT that host, but also coming FROM the host and that this is why it is blocked and will not be unblocked by most ISP's until they meet their demands and fix their security issues.

TLDR: There is nothing you, me, or Sega can do ourselves, the only thing to do is hope their host decide to conform to standard security measures and until then, most people wont be able to access PSO2.

On a bright note, Sega hasn't banished foreigners.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

So what you're saying is that the only people who can log on are people with crappy ISP's who don't give a damn.

I feel slightly better.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Caved in and used the amazon web service method. While the amazon free trial lasts 1 year, proxycap is only 30 days. Hopefully, shit gets done by then.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile

I managed to connect through today and I have a gamepad that I can use with my PC now, so, uh, I'll probably be back tomorrow. ^^

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Just for the sake of news... (SEA)

We're currently at Skyscape/Floating Island.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I ended up switching team for the moment since I had made some japanese friends during the time when almost no english players were around. If you show up in game, do a player search for the ID Ygdrad and add me so we can keep track of each other better. Also, the leadership of the team will switch if the leader doesn't log on for a month.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.
« Reply #447 on: August 27, 2014, 04:36:33 pm »

Well, if anyone is interested, the new Episode 3 expansion was released yesterday/today adding more story content, a new planet, a new class(bouncer) with two new weapon types. All skilltrees accross all classes were entirely reworked so that you no longer have to waste skillpoints on things you don't need and giving everyone certain things by default at no skillpoint cost(step attack, just reversal, just guard...). A lot of things were rebalanced and for the most part everything went up in power. The Hunter class' Fury Stance was nerfed and is no longer the ultimate go-to subclass, on the other hand all hunter PA's were very heavily buffed. The Fury Hunter deals pretty scary damage now and thanks to buffs to guard stance and the new PA damage buffs, tank hunters are capable of high damage too now since the fury stance nerf doesn't affect em at all. Stances no longer have cooldowns or cast animations, they are instant and you can swap em at will.

There are a lot of other tweaks, buff, additions and improvements that I cant' remember or haven't found out about yet. Everyone was given for each of their characters, an item that allows to entirely reset all your skilltrees so if you were unhappy with a build, now's the time to reset it and have a look at the great builds the new skilltrees allow.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:40 pm »

I might check whether my ISP stopped throwing a bitchfit and blocking the game. When I get bored of the things I play now. I just don't have the energy to suffer more disappointment if they haven't.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 28, 2014, 12:24:37 am »

I might check whether my ISP stopped throwing a bitchfit and blocking the game. When I get bored of the things I play now. I just don't have the energy to suffer more disappointment if they haven't.

Has nothing to do with ISP's blocking PSO2 anymore, simply them not having made the info required to reach their servers public outside japan so your ISP doesn't know which servers to route traffic through to reach them. There are really simple ways around it and the launcher/tweaker now comes with a built-in way to get around it.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35