Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59162 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[tinfoil]
It's obvious Asiasoft is behind the DDoS! Clearly by attacking Sega's servers they are forcing players from southeast asia who are still playing on the japenese servers by means of proxy into their server, causing the players to get invested in their characters during the attack so they stick around! Perhaps even lure in some western players!
It's all an elaborate plot to steal players from Sega I tell you!
[/tinfoil]

They do have that huge patch with the new class in it coming out (maybe new race? deuman actually came out with the last huge patch and as I recall beast men from PSU have been oddly absent, on top of there being beast man esque dudes in the trailer, admittedly really huge ones), although I doubt Sega set this up. :P
If they're adding beast men I'm going to have to remake my hunter.  ;)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

They're reopening the server tomorrow, I believe they said 11 AM japan time, along with installing preventative measures. This is more of a test then anything, so don't be surprised if it doesn't stay up for long.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

That's awesome news, I've been bored as hell trying to tear fun out of other stuff, and it just hasn't been working.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

They're reopening the server tomorrow, I believe they said 11 AM japan time, along with installing preventative measures. This is more of a test then anything, so don't be surprised if it doesn't stay up for long.

That'd mean 10pm here today, so in 4 hours!? YES! I can finally get my PSO2 fix.

Edit: I'm not sure where you got your "11am tomorrow" from, I've been looking around both the english and japanese sites and can't find anything more than them preparing to reopen the servers and their website going down for maintenance tomorrow, maybe I'm blind.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:04:42 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

reddit, someone translated it, take it with a grain of salt, all that.

But all of the PSO2 info from reddit has been accurate so far, admittedly there's been nothing to this degree of specification.

EDIT: Oh, he said 11 PM not AM. whooops

He's here though, Titandeath. Doesn't say where he got it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:32:51 pm by Seriyu »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I just went through reddit, and while i didn't find your post, I went and translated all the JP news on the PSO2 twitter and main website and none of them mentioned anything tomorrow at 11am.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that guy simply misunderstood the translation, servers aren't going up tomorrow at 11pm, only an announcement.

Edit: yeah, that 11pm was PST, it's 3pm japan time and the guy did indeed get the whole thing wrong. Here's the google translate piece.

"We will make measures for service resumption continue.
With regard to reporting of the situation and progress on the measures in the future, the Company plans to Thursday 15:00 June 26."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:46:17 pm by Ygdrad »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Sega says that they are still preparing to reboot the servers and there will be another update soon.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sega says that they are still preparing to reboot the servers and there will be another update soon.

Well what they said is that they are performing maintenance on the websites and that they are trying to get the game back up sometime within the month of June, so for next monday the latest unless they don't try hard enough.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're certainly taking their sweet time with this.  >:(

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soon™

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Servers are going up! Sort've.

You see, sega is "banning" (read this entire message before you freak out please) IPs all at once and slowly unbanning them, probably over the course of several days, to figure out where the ddos connections are, or are mostly, coming from.

You'll probably see a lot of "EAUGHHH SEGA IP BANNEd AMERICANS EUAGEHAEUGH" but that is almost certainly not true, especially given random US ISPs do still work in the west.

Will this result in a set of ISPs being banned because they foster ddos connections? Unlikely, if possible. I'd say it's more likely sega will contact the ISP and get them to shut those connections off. Whether that will be effective is left for someone with a better understanding of ddosing then I to explain. do note the servers are also quite overloaded due to all the people logging in, so if you can get in, it might take a few tries.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't connect to the game, get error 107 one way, 249 another. I'll see if I can't get in through various types of pc and networking wizardry.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Some people have mentioned they've been able to get in with pingzap and such but I can't imagine the GMs will react well to that given they just got over a ddos and are still working it out.

I'd wait it out.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35