Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59151 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Weekly maint occurred, and while people are saying japanese players can now long in fine and english players are now booted off, I would like to remind everyone that it's still not even 24 hours since the maint and it took much longer then that to suss everything out last time something about this situation changed, so yeah. It all also personally sounds like he said she said hearsay to me at this point.

Keep calm and don't get banned.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:31:33 am by Seriyu »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

ISP's are gaining and losing the ability to connect to PSO2 seemingly at random at the moment. I've been playing without problem using pingzapper. I was please to see that today's patch got rid of all the sonic stuff and changed the lobby music.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Is it safe to use the ping-zapper trick?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it safe to use the ping-zapper trick?

There's no way to be 100% sure, especially if sega decides they don't want us anymore(no proof for or against at the moment), but I have not heard of anyone using it getting banned for using it yet. Like I said before, the people who got banned were using a VPN and from what i read a number of them, potentially all, had made account modifications while on the VPN which would look really shady on sega's end.

What I can tell you is that I along with some people on my friend list and several others have been using it without problems and it shouldn't cause sega to look your way. All their server sees is that it is still your personal computer just with a different IP address which doesn't seem to be shared based on testing with a few friends.

Sega has a terrible history when it comes to communication and seeing as the TOS say we're not allowed to play, they will never acknowledge any problem foreigners are having due to their anti-DDOS measures and if they fix the problem it could take another long while since they seem to like taking their time. Also, if they decide to block foreigners, we'll NEVER know it for sure. When they blocked the south-east asia region they never said a word and never responded to qestions about it, the publisher in charge of the SEA version were the ones who eventually said something about it, probably to get the SEA region players to get on their version.

So the way I personally see it, either you take a chance and enjoy yourself for now, or you wait potentially forever to see if anything is done about the problem, without any solid proof of whether they're even working on it or not or if they simply decided all you're good for is buying Sonic shovelware.

The player base does not have a shred of solid info on the situation(and most likely never will) so don't go believing anything people are saying on the internet about the current situation, people are panicking and throwing theories left and right for now.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Well. Looks like its a moot point now. My laptop seems trying to quit on me. I'll try to squeeze more life out of it for now.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah they're testing out various ip ranges to combat the ddos (is that thing still happening really?). Tracert tells me I'm not even getting beyond my isp so I guess I'm blocked for now. Not entirely sure why'd they'd ask an isp to block users again once tested though.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yeah, there are still english players that can connect. The sky isn't falling yet, and if I recall jelle knows how internet works, so I'd trust him.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although I believe they said that the DDOS attacks had stopped.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Last I heard they'd lessened, not entirely stopped, although I may not be entirely up to date on that.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I just had a nice idea for my ranger launcher build, I am thinking of swapping out the hunter sub for techer. The vibras canon is near the top of the list damage-wise and also has 950 t-atk, it can be used by techers too, allowing you to level techer with your launcher at higher levels.

The reason I'd take techer is to really work with the launcher's strengths and weaknesses. It relies almost entirely on passive PP regeneration to feed its PA's. Techer offers 40% increased PP regeneration and the ability to gain massive PP regen on a cooldown. Access to a boosted Zondeel would also mean easy clustering of enemies to make the launcher even more PP efficient or easily refill PP form hitting all the enemies at once with normal attacks. Having access to techs at a decent power level would also allow to make use of elemental weaknesses, making PSE bursts easier to start. Then there's all the support abilities you also get access to. I'll be giving it a try.

Edit: as of this time, the number of people making use of the PZ tokyo server has broken it and it stopped working for me. On the other hand, using the london server works for now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:54:00 am by Ygdrad »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Trying to make this work for my brother's computer. This has been getting 230 error a month ago after  working once.

Been trying to mess around with the firewalls and ports but no dice.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Right now there's almost certainly nothing you can do on your end besides a VPN that will resolve the issue. If you're being blocked, the packet containing log in info is either making it to the server or not making it out of wherever your ISP is located. The ISPs are blocking the connection, which, as jelle said earlier, is probably because they're determining an IP range the DDoS came from.

It's also possible ISPs worldwide are globally blocking PSO2 for some reason but that seems notably less likely.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

This has been a problem before the DDOS.

Can I run this by plugging in my laptops HHD? It runs in my laptop but its currently dead and it refuses to run on the good PC.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game's getting lonely without a team to chat with. I'm currently thinking about joining another team. Do any of you plan on returning to the game?

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile

When I can finally connect again I'll be back.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35