Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85921 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 26.3: Derm is one step closer to Mage King
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »

This looks cool. Waitlist.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »

Go out for a nice relaxing hike outside the town before the trip off to the tomb. What's the worst that could happen.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2014, 10:12:28 pm »

((Edit2: Also, no +2 to research?))

(((Edit3: Book still not in inventory.)))
Edit2: It was included I just forgot to type it out like I usually do. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit3: Fixing now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:51 pm »

((Would the bonuses stack on the Power Within spell if used by two different casters? Because Jase might want Chronus to teach him that one.))

Practice fighting techniques involving switching between Great-axe and Spear & Shield, like Shay did with the swords.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2014, 11:08:40 pm »

We all learn it, simultaneously cast it on one enemy.

Enemy becomes superman, or rather darkseid or something? then dies immediately.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:15 pm »

We all learn it, simultaneously cast it on one enemy.

Enemy becomes superman, or rather darkseid or something? then dies immediately.
Brilliant.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:37 am »

((Why would I show it to an engineer? We certainly don't have enough to pay him. Also, YAY I'M BEING DRAFTED INTO THE ARMY!))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 27: The Entrance to Alerd's Tomb
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

Dermonster
You delve into the book once more as you wait for the others, and somehow in that time you manage to pull out yet another spell from within the book, something called the Wild Pact. The spell seems to work through temporarily connecting two people's very being and swapping them whenever someone called the 'receiver' comes to harm thus transferring the damage that one would take to someone the details call the 'guardian'.

Berius
You spend some time practicing trying to pull off a similar trick to the one Shay pulled off, but no matter how hard you try you slip up somewhere in the movement and end up either nearly hurting yourself or dropping one of your weapons completely.

Trevor Abbot
You take a quick stroll in the fields surrounding Breton, and after a good twenty minutes of walking find the surroundings to be quite peaceful indeed. Perhaps you, and your companions efforts in the area have made a difference in making the place safe once more?

Entire Group
With everyone finished with their tasks within the town your group heads out for Alerd's Tomb, perhaps in search of gold, perhaps glory, or maybe the hopes of finding an artifact left behind by one of the heroes buried there. The trip takes a few hours on foot, but its not long before you see your destinationm a lone hillock with a set of grey stone doors built into the side. As you draw close you notice the door is covered in rune, but only a handful of the runes carved on its surface glow a dim green light while the remainder are dull, grey, and lifeless. It is likely that long ago all of them shined a bright green the shade of finely kept grass though whatever magic sealed it has long since fled. The surface of the hillock is covered primarily by a massive oak tree, and upon closer inspection some of the roots have actually grown through the frame of the stone doors, perhaps this is what caused the magic to fade from the seal.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aeryn Vutran, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

----

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 27: The Entrance to Alerd's Tomb
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »

"Okay, so, developments, I've found a book of what appears to be 'wild' nature magic in the library. I have learned the intricacies of using mana, and I can cast a bond between two people to transfer damage taken by a guardian to the host. I can also cast a parasitic white bolt that allows me to siphon health from an enemy. Does anyone want a bond?"

If nobody wants a bond, study runes. Use a page if appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:10:32 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2014, 07:04:48 pm »

Study the runes. Sealing runes are good for treasure.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2014, 08:50:49 pm »

"Mm. Nah, I'd rather not pass my wounds off to some other fool. Seems wrong, somehow."
Trevor looks the door over. For traps and the like.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »

"Sounds like you'd make a pretty good guardian if you could heal yourself of the wounds inflicted by taking life from our foes, Chronus. I might consider it, although being the one in the bond who suffers the harm would be detrimental, as I will probably be taking wounds enough from our foes as it is."

Look around for anything interesting, wait for scholars to finish their scholarly things.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

"Well, I can still drain people, bond or not. Like a leech. Heh. I've got a few other tricks too. Wild magic, man it's weird."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »

"Magic is a tool, like a spear or hammer. It doesn't matter to me what type it is as long as it helps keep us all alive. Anyway, I meant that if we bonded and you were the one who suffered the damage I took, we'd probably last longer since you could just shoot your life drain beam or whatever at one of our opponents to heal yourself."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 28: Investigations
« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »

Chronus
You give the runes on the door a once over, preparing a page just in case, but it doesn't take you long to come to the realization that this isn't your standard magic at work here. You quickly come to remember many of these runes as shown in paragraphs from the devotional books to the Goddess of the Woods before translation, whoever forged this seal was likely well favored by the goddess which seems at odds with the waning of the seal's power. Even if you take the roots breaking the seal into account something doesn't seem to fit.

David
You join Chronus in investigating the runes upon the door, and even though you sense that these runes are familiar you fail to figure out where exactly they come from. Proving to be of little help you step back to let Chronus get a better look at the runes while you continue to try and remember where you saw them to no avail ...

Trevor Abbot
You set to work making sure the door holds no traps that you can discern, and are quickly glad to find that it holds no traps as far as your knowledge holds which is quite a good sign indeed. If no traps are to be found at the entrance which appears to have been the main safeguard of this tomb then perhaps the rest will be trap free as well, you envision the treasure to be found within ready to be taken by you with ease at this rate.

Aeryn Vutran
Deciding to leave the door to your comrades you head up the hill aiming for the the over-sized tree above in the hopes of finding some evidence as to why the seal on the door has finally begun to break. You spend a good ten minutes walking around it for some sign as to an outside influence, but in the end you find nothing and give up with a noticeable sigh.

Jase Bladeheart
With the rest of the party occupied you take a walk around the base of the hill looking for anything of interest, and its barely a minute before you stumble upon (quite literally) a stone with words carved into it. A quick glance at the words on it reveal the stone to be a plague to the hero Alerd, and his seven companions who were buried within this very hill, it speaks heavily of Alerd, the Priestess of the Woods known as Vandis, and the fallen knight Balkman who seem to have been the first and most loyal of Alerd's companions.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aeryn Vutran, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

----

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55