Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85904 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 20: Scholars are most certainly not ninjas
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:16 pm »

Lucy Verim
You look for a way to make it from the last standing wall tower to the Keep's tower, but after a few minutes of searching you find none and decide to go join Jase who has made his way to just in front of the keep doors where he is readying his weapons. You listen with him searching for any sign that those within were about to come bursting out to finish what the first group failed to do, but you come up with nothing until a sudden loud crack rinds through the air followed by some crashing sounds.

Chronus
You drink some of the poultice you made before searching for a stealthy way into the keep, and after a bit of work you find a window of to the side which you begin trying to work open. Sadly as you apply some force to the window you hear a loud crack shortly before the entire window gives way and you go tumbling through after most of the rotted window frame before crashing onto the stone floor beyond it. As you push yourself up from the floor you find several bandits staring you dead with a massive mountain of a man wielding a wicked looking great-axe and wearing the skull of some horned beast.

Clair Gemini
You ignore the first floor of the tower entirely, and head up to the next floor where you find a room that is some type of barracks with three beds pressed up against the far wall each with chests at their feet while off to the side of the beds is another chest. A quick look shows that those chests against the bed are filled with nothing but clothes, wineskins, and some rags while the one off to the side is locked by a crude metal padlock of some form.

Jase Bladeheart
You ready your weapons and move close to the door listening for sounds of a counter attack of some form though at first you hear nothing, but silence its quickly broken by the sounds of something cracking and crashing sounds that suddenly come from within. Deciding it best to act now you charge forward, and kick the ajar keep doors open to find Chronus being stared down by a group of bandits led by a mountain of a man with a horned skull on his head. Things just turned bad ...

Trevor Abbot
You attempt to scout ahead unnoticed, and find a way in from a side window quite easily, but as you clamber over the broken frame you fail to notice the bandits staring right in your direction with the scholar Chronus standing between you. Well there went that plan ...

David
You follow Lucy asking if you can borrow her Guide to Herbalism, but she doesn't reply and instead goes to standby the guardsman Jase. Before you can ask her once more sounds come inside the Keep and Jase goes charging in only to come face to face with some bandits that look rather upset with Chronus who seems to have broken through a window.

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Greatswordsman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valmar Redfang (click to show/hide)

----

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 20: Scholars are most certainly not ninjas
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

Stay behind Jase, try to get a bolt into the bandit closet to Chronus. Intentionally wait until our meatshields distract the bandits with their attacks, though.
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

"Focus them down one down at a time!"

Stab the Axeman.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »

((After careful calculation I have decided that with my current skills and equipment there are no logical strategies. You can see where this is going.))
Throw my knife at Valmar and hide behind any cover I can find.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »

((Throw it at the axeman.))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:50 pm »

((Geez, next to last for initiative. At least that means folks might have a longer time to try and heal me if they feel so inclined.))
"We'll, there goes the element of surprise. Good job, Chronus. Die, you damned bandits."

Stab the Axeman. If he happens to be dead before I attack, stab Valmar Redfang.

((Also, I think Valmar needs to die next. I don't fancy taking another throwing axe to any part of my body.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2014, 03:59:15 am »

Break lock with bash from crook
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:27 am »

Adwarf - you are aware that it would be physically incredibly difficult to drink a poultice, right? And even if you managed, it would be totally disgusting?

Do you... do you know what a poultice is?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2014, 08:50:28 am »

I believe he thinks it's a more fantasyish/oldish word for potion.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2014, 09:47:15 am »

Adwarf - you are aware that it would be physically incredibly difficult to drink a poultice, right? And even if you managed, it would be totally disgusting?

Do you... do you know what a poultice is?
I know what it means I just choose to ignore what it is and just default to it being a type of drink because of laziness, but more seriously I could use a different word that is actually the correct way to describe something you drink. However this is funnier :3

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2014, 09:48:17 am »

Bag of ingredients got me so fucking high man.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:19 pm »

Fire on the Axeman, if he's down before I can get to him, move onto the greatswordsman.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 21: Crossbow is OP
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2014, 04:14:27 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Bandit Swordsman
The swordsman charges at Jase in an attempt to push him, and the others in the doorway back while Valmar and the Greatswordsman bear down on the surprised Trevor, and Chronus. A heavy blow that would've left a deep wound is blocked by Jase's shield who jumps to the side turning another fatal blow into a minor scrape that is completely nullified by Jase's armor.

Valmar Redfang
With a guttural roar the horned helmet bandit, supposedly this Valmar Redfang who leads the bandits, charges at Chronus with his axe raised high above his head with his full attention on the puny scholar. Chronus moves to the side turning the downward swing that would've likely took his head into a minor cut along his chest while he positions himself behind Valmar to face his new target.

Bandit Greatswordsman
The greatswordsman closes on Trevor without so much of a sound hefting the dented zweihander into forward fighting stance with practiced ease ready to strike at a moment's notice if Trevor makes the move first. The bandit lashes out suddenly catching Trevor unaware, and bringing the sword digging down into the poacher's shoulder before he could even react before leaping back out of the way as Trevor tries to punch her.

Lucy Verim
Pulling the crossbow up you take a moment to sight in on Valmar Redfang's head, exhaling you pull the trigger and let the bolt go flying towards its target hoping that it'd fine its mark. It does of course, and the mountain of a man's head snaps sideways with a spurt of blood before collapsing to the ground immediately dead the instant the bolt had hit him.

+4 XP, -1 Heavy Bolt

Trevor Abbot
Jumping back through the window frame you quickly draw your bow, and loose two arrows in rapid succession at the bandit attacking you with an eerily pinpoint accuracy as both arrows find their way into the warrior's chest. Grunting through the pain the greatswordsman manages to hold its focus on you as the battle continues on in the keep.

-2 Iron-Tipped Arrows

Chronus
You're stunned by the sudden death of Valmar for only a moment before drawing your knife, and dashing past the fallen corpse and over a table to clash with the bandit axeman standing unengaged in the midst of the hall. You take the bandit by surprise and but your dagger through his chest before retreating back out of his reach, the wound appears to have only done enough to piss him off as the bandit glowers in your direction and readies his axe.

David
In an act of desperation you out your knife and hurl it at the axeman engaged with Chronus, and the weapon shows outstanding accuracy as it stabs into his skull sending him collapsing to the floor instantly killed by the force of the blow.

+2 XP to David, +1 XP to Chronus

Jase Bladeheart
As the swordsman is recovering from his failed strike you slide past him and slam the point of the spear into his side leaving the man to scream in pain and lash out uselessly at the place you had been as you draw back away from the injured swordsman. Spinning his sword in one hand the bandit begins to advance ...

--------
Elsewhere ...
--------

Clair Gemini
Lifting your crook high above your head you slam it down on the crude lock repeatedly until suddenly a sharp snap and the sounding of grinding feels the air as the entire front of the chest cracks open. Leaning down you pull open the chest, and take a look at its contents ...

Quote from: Chest Contents
19 Gold
Rusty Dirk [Atk: 2, Atk Speed: 1, Melee]
The Story of Castle Galden's Fall
3x Bag of Ingredients [Used to make potions.]
2x Torches
Skin of Oil

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Greatswordsman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Valmar Redfang (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)

----

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:13:57 pm by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 21: Crossbow is OP
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »

Dat arrow.

Stab the most injured bandit!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:31:22 pm by Dermonster »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 21: Crossbow is OP
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2014, 05:08:45 pm »

((Wait, so I didn't hurt the Bandit Swordsman when I stabbed him?))

Kill Bandit Swordsman.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55