Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85811 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 4: Near-Death Experiences
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2014, 10:24:21 am »

((Damn. At least it wasnt instant decapitation. Might as well start on a new character sheet for the end if the wait list. Although I hope somebody can help me in time. Also, random question. If somebody learns necromancy after beating that skeleton, and they raise my corpse as some sort of undead that can still think, do I get to keep playing with added undead powers? I could be an undead driven solely by my quest to be a hero.))

Do I even get an action? Try not to die, I guess. Subconsciously pray to some sort of god to save me.
You roll a 1d20 and if its a 6 or below you get to act, hover over Intense Bleeding to find out its exact effects :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 5: The Necromancer is a Tank
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2014, 10:51:33 am »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Goblin Zombie Warrior 2
The last zombie takes his sword in both hands pointing towards the ground, and stabs down furiously at the wounded Jase, but be it through so miracle or sheer stupidity the zombie misses completely as its sword digs into the ground twice.

Ethereal
Ignoring the ever-present threat of the necromancer you decide to try and find your arrows which surprisingly enough doesn't take to long as you recover all three of them and a stone arrows the zombie archer fired. Ah, such a nice reward, if you ignore the fighting in the background it's like you're on a vacation.

Clair Gemini
You take up a defensive stance, and by defensive stance I mean you put as many of your fellow party members between you and the necromancer as you can before trying to hold your staff up like a shield. Surely this will save you from spears that can appear from nowhere!

Lucy Verim
In an effort to protect your allies you charge the necromancer with a warcry brandishing your mallet in hand like some hammerer whose actually fought in a battle before. You smash at the Necromancer, but with each below your dismay grows as the robes seem to harden and then disperse to weaken the blows to almost nothing, in the end you're not even sure if you managed to hurt him in your headlong charge ...

Chronus
With little desire to jump into combat you decide instead to save your Jase, and record your procedures to better aid you in the resuscitation of further wounded. You expertly set to work cleaning out the wound with water from your wineskin before using sections of your robes to bind them, and hopefully staunch the bleeding so that you might get him back to a healer in time. Your efforts pay off as the bleeding slowly begins to subside, and Jase begins to regain a normal breathing and heart rate.

You attempt to record your findings from the treatment session with Jase, but come up blank as to how to put your experience in words, and you doubt you could attempt to record them again without having such a situation to use as material for the essay ...

Trevor Abbot
As you dash over to cover Chronus, and Jase you loose an arrow at the last remaining goblin which takes him where a normal being' heart would be sending the monster collapsing to the ground unmoving.

+2 XP, -1 Small Game Arrow

Skeletal Necromancer
"Ah, this is so wonderfully entertaining! It has been quite sometime since a bunch of peasants managed to give me any entertainment."

With that said the Necromancer summoned a shadow spear once more, but unlike the past two times it chased after Lucy when he lauched it forward. The spears tears at her side, and nearly skewers Chronus before it dissipated a few inches from him.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)

Party-Wide Effects
Essay on Zombie Weaknesses and Advised Combat Methods

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Archer (click to show/hide)

-----

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:25:52 pm by adwarf »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

Lucy flees, trying to make it behind the others so the archers can handle it! She flees like Clair! As fast as her wounded-side self can take her!

What a terrible time to be a mute, no?
Take a closer look at this text!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:32 am »

"All together! We can unbalance at least!"

Strike Necromancer
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2014, 11:09:11 am »

((It worked? Thanks, Derm. I hope I wake up this turn.))

Wake up and attack that Necromancer. Or, if the exertion might adversely affect my health state, just try to avoid any attacks.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 5: The Necromancer is a Tank
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2014, 01:57:23 pm »

I still have 11 arrows, I'm pretty sure my action provided me with some.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 02:16:02 pm »

You have 15 and 12 on my screen :\

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »

Shhh! Ethereal, stay quiet! Don't screw yourself over!  :P

Same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23:23 pm »

Trevor inhales sharply as he aims an attack at the necromancer.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2014, 02:39:17 pm »

You trickster!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »

You trickster!

The edits were for SSG, I forgot to give him the XP from killing the zombie and removing one of his arrows O_o

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »

Scavenge the zombies so as to prevent them from being effective if raised again and to possibly find something of use or value.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Ethereal
With the arrow scavenging done you get the sudden desire to actually attack the Necromancer as you loose an arrow from your bow that hits dead-on, but is easily deflected by the clearly enchanted robes the skeleton is wearing.

-1 Iron-Tipped Arrow

Jase Bladeheart
You come to with your vision partially obscured by makeshift bandages, and with an intense pain in your skull but through all of that you push yourself up from the ground determined to keep fighting. With spear in hand you charge the laughing skeleton of a necromancer, you stab forward and score a hit, but once more the enchanted robe foils the skeleton's assailants attacks completely.

Clair Gemini
Determined to finish the battle here you charge the Necromancer swinging, and your crook simply deflects off as the Necromancer laughs in your face at the pathetic attempts to harm him. This isn't good ...

Lucy Verim
Scared of her possible death Lucy turns tail, and runs as the injured Jase and Clair come charging in against the Necromancer, she runs far past the archers and then a bit farther until she's on the edge of the clearing. From there she watches the events carry out from behind the poor safety of a tree ...

Chronus
While your allies fight the Necromancer you decide it best to loot the gear off of all the now dead zombies in case their master brings them back to life once more to fight you all. Despite your thorough search of each of the goblin corpses you find nothing, but the gear they wield which you conveniently store away for later use or perhaps to sell, people will buy anything these days.

+2 Rusted Shortswords, +2 Cracked Round Shields, +1 Crude Battleaxe, and +1 Rotted Crude Shortbow

Trevor Abbot
Taking a deep breath you continue to fire away at the Necromancer to almost no effect as the arrows both shatter against the necromancer. You give a slight sigh at the sheer ineffectiveness of your weapon ...

-2 Small Game Arrows

Skeletal Necromancer
Without even stopping its laughter the skeleton stabs its spear straight out towards Clair, but misses completely as the tip of the staff whistles harmlessly past her ear. The skeleton gives a visible shrug at its miss, but continues to stand its ground even outnumbered as it is.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)

Party-Wide Effects
Essay on Zombie Weaknesses and Advised Combat Methods

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Archer (click to show/hide)

-----

------

GM Note: If a player has clearly been active in the thread, but has not posted an action when everyone else has already posted actions, and I feel like doing a turn they will be skipped.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:15:38 pm by adwarf »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »

After finding that the wound in her side wasn't as serious as she thought, and noticing that the others were failing...
'Nother charge! That accursed robe wouldn't help if he takes a hammer to the face!
'Sides, that robe would look quite nice on her~!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:01:22 pm by Lyeos »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2014, 05:57:22 pm »

Lucy searches for things to help deal with the injury in her side.
She also waves at Chronus, hoping to get his attention, and assistance.
In case you didn't know the injury in your side was fluff text, and you're not bleeding or anything like that, its just base damage to your HP which Derm isn't going to be able to heal because he has no healing magic, or items.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55