Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85890 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rest and recover. Then go check the library for anything on divine blessings, paladins and avatars, or the Goddess of the Woods if I have recovered from fatigue.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

attempt to save myself by killing the wolf. Scream louder.

((Just curious, is it possible to acquire combat pets?))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:40:12 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

"Oh well, if you don't mind a few bruises, I'm fine.

Brother against brother! Hopefully, this won't become an old DF-style sparring session...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

With the help of my new minionconvert, look for more people to convert to the One True Faith.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile

(BlitzDungoneer out of curiosity, What exactly is Zack Abrams attempting to convert people to?)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((The ONE TRUE FAITH which worships our Lord and Saviour, Thestui, He Who Brings Beginning and End.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 35.5: Training Accident
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2015, 02:55:51 am »

Jase Bladeheart
After a short break you leave the courtyard once more, and head for the Library in the hopes of finding something of use to your goals. Your search is much more successful this time around as you manage to find a somewhat detailed account of the various Holy Orders within the Kingdom, and how they came to be.

... The first of the Holy Orders are the Sword-bearers, divine warriors of the All-Father who have dedicated their lives to ensuring the safety of the Kingdom at all costs, and it is because of these vows that their numbers are few. Since their founding the Sword-bearers have dedicated a vast portion of their members to the border forts of the Red Wastes, and there these great warriors have wielded the divine wrath of their god to smite their demonic, ungodly foes ....

... The second of these Orders are the Soulkeepers, an Order of warriors sworn to Azmag the God of Death and Keeper of Souls. They take oaths of servitude to guard the places of eternal rest scattered throughout the kingdom, and to free the souls of the dead from their infernal existence in this world. They are the bane of the Undead, the blessed Gravekeepers, and the Ever-Living.

... The third, and last of the Orders are the Farseekers, devout followers of Vegnagun the God of Knowledge and Lore Master. They dedicate their lives to scouring the world for lost knowledge, to regain that which has been lost to time from dozens of wars and near extinction events that many Farseekers have discovered once sought to wipe the mortal races from the world. They are said to draw their power directly from the knowledge of the Lore Master himself, inscribing sacred compositions upon their skin to harness this power ...

... For each of these Orders what is known of their recruitment methods, and their ascendance to champions of the Gods is very limited. All we can say for sure is that their devotion must be absolute, and that most are led to their ascendance by a priest or priestess of that Gods flock ...

Chronus
You continue your day attempting over, and over again to create something medically sound, but end up with only a herbal bandage to show for your efforts. A doctor would recommend that for a bad wound ... possibly. Probably not.

Well maybe if they were desperate.

One Rag, and One Bag of Ingredients lost. One Herbal Bandage Gained.

Mark Juno & Zein
With little else to actually do in the Fort at the moment the two of you step out into the courtyard for a spare, finding a semi clear area and putting a little distance between yourselves you ready your weapons and size each other up for a few moments. The start of the fight is abrupt as Mark throws himself forward jabbing at Zein with the non-pointy end of his spear sending the blacksmith stumbling back as he barely manages to knock the blow aside. With Zein's unsure footing, and bad positioning it doesn't take long before mark comes around from the side lashing out to whack the smith in the side with the shaft of the spear however before the blow lands Zein stumbles and takes the blow to his head. All in all the training session ended rather poorly with neither of you feeling as if you learned anything and Zein ... well that welp across the side of his head isn't going to be very comfortable.

Zack Abrams
You continue your preaching throughout Belton with your drunkard follower close at hand, but you find your words quickly fall on the ears of highly religious people or those who simply see you as an idiot attempting to exploit their good nature. Whatever your true purpose you end your search for new followers feeling the town has turned only mildly hostile towards you.

Spoiler: Drunkard Cultist, Ally (click to show/hide)

-------
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Elric
You fumble at the arrows in your quiver as the wolf continues to chomp down on your shoulder, and in a moment of bliss you find one of them slide free from the quiver and into your hand. Grunting you curl your fist around the arrow and slam it into the animal's side, and though you feel blood begin to gush from the new wounds the feral beast continues its attacks knowing all to well flight would likely end in death.

Wolf
The wolf tears a bit of the flesh from your shoulder, and then latches down on it once again though this time its grip slides somewhat from the slick coating of blood covering both of you.

Spoiler: Wolf (click to show/hide)

------

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elric, Unholy_Pariah (click to show/hide)
------

Spoiler: Ruins of Fort Gelden (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...interesting. Perhaps I should seek out one of these priests or priestesses after I read a bit more."

Search the library for books on the All-Fathrr, Azmag, or either of their orders. If I don't find anything, look through the book I already found for more details.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Keep trying to murder the wolf, preferably by shooting it if at all possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Mark laughs and helps his brother up.
"Well looks like having training from hell by a drill trainer teaches some skills."

Get some cool water for his head

"Want another go or would you rather train against a training dummy?"

If he wants another go have another spar otherwise look around for anything to improvise into training dummys

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Bah. Maybe I'll have better luck with the necromancy book. Go gather up everyone afterwards, it's time to get the show on the road.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

"Heh... The difference between blacksmith and a guard is apparent... I'll have to improve quite a bit to beat you.

Training dummies for me, it seems. Help Mark in building some.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Explore the town.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the protracted hiatus, I'm not going to make any excuses about why I just stopped all of the sudden since I just went super lazy, but I've kicked myself back into gear and want to pick this back up. I'm posting to see how many of you would be interested in continuing.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still in.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55